sharadrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 months ago

Who doesn’t love a good romance and an angsty one at that ? What if the first four months of a show are spent on showcasing the angsty romance of the male lead and the parallel female lead though? If at any point in time, the makers decide to move forward with the love story of the male and the female lead, the audience is likely going to recall all the angst the male lead felt over his lost love and invariably draw comparisons. The freshness of the romance between the leads is going to be marred by the memories of these last four months. Anytime the male lead runs after the female lead, memories of the mad run holding on to the dupatta are going to surface. Any time the male lead sheds tears for the female lead, memories of the many times he has shed tears for his first love are going to raise their heads. How are the makers going to erase those memories? How are they going to differentiate the love stories? In this day and age, emotional virgins are rare to come by as partners unless you are childhood sweethearts. However no one wants memories of a past shoved into their faces. Everyone wants to move on and let go of a painful past. Here we have writers who are stubbornly holding on to a short lived love story and making it into some kind of epic romance. Quite obviously the characters take their cues from the writers. Sometimes I wonder how these people plan to move the story forward. It would still be fine if Armaan and Rubi were end game. If Abhira were to start her solo journey and maybe find her OTP on the way. If however they plan to bring Armaan and Abhira together, the makers are making a huge mistake by persisting with the angst between Armaan and Ruhi for four months now. Despite having many other tracks to explore, they have persisted with this angst forever it seems. Triangles might bring attention initially but even after four months, if the audience is still left wondering if the male and female lead are actually meant to be together even, it does not bode well for their love story. Slow burn is not a bad thing but not so slow that the audience’s appetite for what you are cooking is gone by the time you are ready to serve. As an audience, I can honestly say I am waiting more eagerly for Armaan to get his comeuppance for his misguided sacrifice rather than his love story with Abhira. Because, sometimes nothing works better than a kick on the ass. Maybe Armaan needs his Dadi sa’s fingerprints on his cheek or her heel print on his backside for him to realise what a big mess he has contributed to creating. Ruhi will still get away, she always has her grandparents to go back to. Armaan will be left with nowhere to go and nothing to hide his face with or defend himself with the day the truth comes out. Every single interaction between Ruhi and he will be recalled, scrutinised and judged. He will have a tough time convincing people of his true intentions. Sorry to say this, but maybe it will take all of this to happen and for Armaan to lose everything, before they can start Armaan-Abhira from scratch if they so wish. Right now, given Armaan’s lack of clarity and his inability to completely disengage from Ruhi, I wouldn’t want him within ten feet of Abhira. A short leap and a separation may not be a bad idea before they restart Armaan-Abhira. Call it a detox from Armaan- Ruhi angst if you will!

Edited by sharadrocks - 2 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dreamyjennice thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sharadrocks

Who doesn’t love a good romance and an angsty one at that ? What if the first four months of a show are spent on showcasing the angsty romance of the male lead and the parallel female lead though? If at any point in time, the makers decide to move forward with the love story of the male and the female lead, the audience is likely going to recall all the angst the male lead felt over his lost love and invariably draw comparisons. The freshness of the romance between the leads is going to be marred by the memories of these last four months. Anytime the male lead runs after the female lead, memories of the mad run holding on to the dupatta are going to surface. Any time the male lead sheds tears for the female lead, memories of the many times he has shed tears for his first love are going to raise their heads. How are the makers going to erase those memories? How are they going to differentiate the love stories? In this day and age, emotional virgins are rare to come by as partners unless you are childhood sweethearts. However no one wants memories of a past shoved into their faces. Everyone wants to move on and let go of a painful past. Here we have writers who are stubbornly holding on to a short lived love story and making it into some kind of epic romance. Quite obviously the characters take their cues from the writers. Sometimes I wonder how these people plan to move the story forward. It would still be fine if Armaan and Rubi were end game. If Abhira were to start her solo journey and maybe find her OTP on the way. If however they plan to bring Armaan and Abhira together, the makers are making a huge mistake by persisting with the angst between Armaan and Ruhi for four months now. Despite having many other tracks to explore, they have persisted with this angst forever it seems. Triangles might bring attention initially but even after four months, if the audience is still left wondering if the male and female lead are actually meant to be together even, it does not bode well for their love story. Slow burn is not a bad thing but not so slow that the audience’s appetite for what you are cooking is gone by the time you are ready to serve. As an audience, I can honestly say I am waiting more eagerly for Armaan to get his comeuppance for his misguided sacrifice rather than his love story with Abhira. Because, sometimes nothing works better than a kick on the ass. Maybe Armaan needs his Dadi sa’s fingerprints on his cheek or her heel print on his backside for him to realise what a big mess he has contributed to creating. Ruhi will still get away, she always has her grandparents to go back to. Armaan will be left with nowhere to go and nothing to hide his face with or defend himself with the day the truth comes out. Every single interaction between Ruhi and he will be recalled, scrutinised and judged. He will have a tough time convincing people of his true intentions. Sorry to say this, but maybe it will take all of this to happen and for Armaan to lose everything, before they can start Armaan-Abhira from scratch if they so wish. Right now, given Armaan’s lack of clarity and his inability to completely disengage from Ruhi, I wouldn’t want him within ten feet of Abhira. A short leap and a separation may not be a bad idea before they restart Armaan-Abhira. Call it a detox from Armaan- Ruhi angst if you will!

to the point....very well said...whatever analysis or logics we may give...i really don't want arman even within Ten feet if each other....let mana and abhira meet and become friends...let her have at least one person in this whole universe...please cvz...you can continue with your love for soulmates.

sharadrocks thumbnail

Oh no..not Manav ..he is a Ruhi reject..if Armaan and Abhira are not meant to be ever, then I would rather Abhira find someone who is not tainted by Ruhi in any way. If Armaan and Abhira are meant to be, I want a separation and a lot of repentance and growing up from Armaan before then. Jumping from Ruhi to Abhira would be so icky. Abhira deserves better!

Edited by sharadrocks - 2 months ago
dreamyjennice thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sharadrocks

Oh no..not Manav ..he is a Ruhi reject..if Armaan and Abhira are not meant to be ever, then I would rather Abhira find someone who is not tainted by Ruhi in any way. If Armaan and Abhira are meant to be, I want a separation and a lot of repentance and growing up from Armaan before then. Jumping from Ruhi to Abhira would be so icky. Abhira deserves better!

I meant as a friend...they both haven't met and seen each other..he us rejected by armaan for ruhi...but I like this sorted character...somehow they just become friends and abhira then says..if mana is actually such a sorted and good guy..why did arman refuse...and then may be her blockhead might start connecting the dots...common I think abhira needs a friend more than any AA or any other love interest...he can be real good friend to abhira...who might also help when this goenka truth come out...as arman would always side with ruhi only...that is not gonna change

Befikre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Or I would rather want them to show two guys - one who is a suitor for Ruhi and one who is a friend for Abhira. Armaan should be shown indifferent towards Ruhi's suitor and insanely jealous towards Abhira's friend. That would be good way of showing that he has moved on from Ruhi and whatever he has been feeling lately is nothing but guilt. 

They are going too slow with Ar Ab's love track. They need to increase the pace a bit now. 

Oops, wrong thread smiley9

Edited by bangtanARMY - 2 months ago
sharadrocks thumbnail

Oh yes ..the guy seems sorted ..he sure would make a good friend to her ..and she really needs someone outside the Poddar family she can share her feelings and thoughts with 

sharadrocks thumbnail

Anything really at this point that will help Armaan pull his head out of the mud that he seems to have stuck it in. Forget Armaan, I think the story needs a hefty kick on its backside for it to move forward now!!

shahi10 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I low-key want Armaan and Ruhi to get together lol. I'm not the surest about this but I can see some mature understanding between the two of them. If you take away the jeth-bhabhi angle, you can see the calmness, maturity, and happiness in their relationship. I feel like Armaan is too conflicted morally and if this conflict is gone, then he would also enjoy the relationship with Ruhi. I still see a big brother/little sister relationship between Abhira and Armaan. The age gap between them is also huge and Abhira in my opinion is too immature for Armaan. As Armaan is going through so much trauma already, he probably needs someone who can understand him better and I think Ruhi can match that properly. Both are older and have a deeper level of understanding. 

I know Armaan is supposed to be the ML and Abhira Armaan are supposed to be the main couple but lol I see a better match in Armaan and Ruhi despite everything. I think they are a better suited couple in a joint family. 

So clearly put ..  I really want a divorce of Abhira and Armaan right now …and him marrying Ruhi … Abhira moving on … and learning the ropes to be a lawyer .. and then meeting again after like 5 years ..  because I don’t think Armaan can pull off 40 year old …

in these 5 years he can realise what he lost … all this without consummating his relationship with Abhira ..  I don’t want Abhira stuck with a kid