Udne ki Asha literally means Siragadikka Aasai

mpks1 thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Anyone watching this show?  I watch the Original and must say KD hit the jackpot with this one. Though this show also has 3 brothers, the middle one is the ML who is played by KD. 

The OG started a year ago and still going strong and the top show in Vijay TV with a huge fan following especially for Muthu- Meena characters ( Sachin- Sailee) 

Muthu starts out as a rough character but with a sad backstory which results in a strained relationship with his mother, Meena has come to in his life like a breath of fresh air and turns him around. He is definitely a green flag now who supports Meena in every possible way, even sets up a flower stall for her and wants to see her as a thriving business woman. He will always go agaibst his mother and support Meena. 

If the makers follow the OG verbatim, it will be a great show and definitely something different in ITV. The OG is a treat to watch. 
 There is no bhaiyaa- bhabi kind of relationship we saw in PS which was totally ruined. Here ML hates his Bhaiyya-Bhabhi, both of them big time frauds smiley36 In fact they both bring comic element to the show along with the mother character. All 3 of them get trolled by Muthu all the time and sometimes tgey troll themselves and get in trouble  because of their own plotting and planning smiley36

ML-FL have a decent relationship with the you ger brother and his wife, though the younger brother’s wife has problems with ML because she thinks Meena deserves someone better. But she is getting along with her Jeth because Merna lives Muthu a lot.

Usually I am not for name calling but these 2 characters deserve it. ML’s nicknames for his Bhahiyaa - Bhabi in tamil - Odugaali and Parlor Amma. smiley36If at all they use something similar in Hindi, you will understand why he named them that way.

Also I want to warn you about ML’s behavior initially towards the FL before and after marriage ( they were for ed to marry each other)  but it gets  better and better. After 14 months of the OG, now they openly show affection towards each other, support each other through and through. They also fight and argue, later reconcile, but that’s part of being married.

Two important characters in ML’s life other than the FL are his father and his paternal grandmother who raised him. Though father supports the ML from the mother’s wrath/hate, I sometimes feel Father enables and lets  the mother talk too much before he goes on an advising spree on how she is being hurtful towards the ML.

Initially it will seem like ML doesn’t have the support but his Father, grandmother (recurring character), FL and his friends at the taxi stand are his biggest supporters: FL helps him slowly to get rid of his drinking habit too.

Muthu- Meena’s journey is an amazing one. I hope its the same with Sachin- Sailee too. 
All the characters in the OG are doing their part extremely well and their offscreen camaraderie is amazing. Infact the actress who acts as the Mother, is always posting reels with the 2 DILs and all 4 are always seen together. This is the first show for the ML- FL of the Original. Vetri Vasanth and Gomathi Priya are doing very well and have become an extremely popular pair. Gomathi Priya is also the FL of the Malayalam vetsion of the show which started 2 months ago,

Sachin is different from Shiva yet there are some similarities. But the major change here is that Sachin does not have a great relationship with his mother and Bhaiyaa-Bhabi unlike PS.

I watched the 1st episode, it was ditto copy of the OG’s 1st episode. I haven’t watched the 2nd one yet. 

I am not sure if I will watch this version only because of my bitter experience with PS on how they deviated so much from the OG and ruined the show. I am scared to invest time on another ITV hindi remake especially when I get to enjoy the OG.

That said, Good luck to KD and the entire team of Udne ki Asha for a successful show just like the OG.

Edited to add - KD and Neha look good together as Sachin and Sailee. 

Edited by mpks1 - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mountains_Lakes thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Hi prema! Nice to see you. Watched last two episodes and am loving it. In yesterday's episode, we got more eof Sachin and his BG and he does call out his nalla brother😂- rightfully. ROFL, the luck of his characters. MBA, PHD older brothers being nalla and eating off of others kamayi. What a change that has been.

And both KAnwar and the show are lucky to have each other. Haha. His acting is phenomenal. He's so good with emotional scenes. And no one could have done this role better than Kanwar. And this time there is a PH and team that clearly supports him, so he will get full justice to show his scope and everything he was robbed off of as an actor. So excited. Plus he is the ML, the initial PS writer is on board, it's co produced by South PH, and it seems that the show will go the OG way (hoping ratings come).

lol I won't mind any gaalis to Bhabhi 😂😂. All the mutual (Shiva/Sachin) will be ecstatic, and we can apply it accordingly in the mix universe.

mpks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mountains_Lakes

Hi prema! Nice to see you. Watched last two episodes and am loving it. In yesterday's episode, we got more eof Sachin and his BG and he does call out his nalla brother😂- rightfully. ROFL, the luck of his characters. MBA, PHD older brothers being nalla and eating off of others kamayi. What a change that has been.

And both KAnwar and the show are lucky to have each other. Haha. His acting is phenomenal. He's so good with emotional scenes. And no one could have done this role better than Kanwar. And this time there is a PH and team that clearly supports him, so he will get full justice to show his scope and everything he was robbed off of as an actor. So excited. Plus he is the ML, the initial PS writer is on board, it's co produced by South PH, and it seems that the show will go the OG way (hoping ratings come).

lol I won't mind any gaalis to Bhabhi 😂😂. All the mutual (Shiva/Sachin) will be ecstatic, and we can apply it accordingly in the mix universe.

Hi Hails, good to see you too. If all goes well and the makers stick to the OG storyline, similar dialogues, you won’t be disappointed. 

As for the Nalla brother, this is just the beginning, wait for more thrashing, bashing, name calling. smiley36 Those episodes are real fun.

This Nalla brother is the reason Sachin’s mother hates him and he is  the most selfish character along with his  mother. I don’t want to reveal too much. If you are enjoying the episodes, watch them everyday and see how the story unfolds and why Sachin ends up marrying Sailee. 
KD scores in such characters anyways. So I am hoping that Hindi version doesn’t deviate from the OG as the Male lead in the OG expresses all kinds of emotions perfectly. He is sometimes innocent, speaks his mind, gives back to his mother and brother left, right and center, stands up for what is right, seeks love, loyal, street smart, quick witted, most importantly will not hesitate to do anything for his father, grandmother and Meena.  His one-liners are amazing and the dialogue writers write such apt dialogues for him 90% of the time and you can always relate to it. The best part was he stood by  Meena right from the day she entered the house as his wife against his mother who dislikes Meena as she is from a lower economic status.

I also like the FL’s  character a lot in the OG except for when she blindly believes her useless brother who is a thug, a thief but puts up an act in front of the family while Muthu knows his true colors yet keeping quiet because Meena will be shattered and heart broken to know her brother is all the above. Muthu at this time is trying to protect Meena and her beliefs. 
You and me are not TRP contributors, yet watch and enjoy really good shows. If Vikatan Televistas ( OG producer) is part of the production team, then they should insist that the OG story should stay intact. 
This must be the first show where the ML fulfills the 1st dream of the FL within 1 year of the start of the show. All her dreams are his dreams. The best part is there has been no 3rd angle from either side and this story doesn’t require it all. This story is all about how FL and ML’s desire to fly high and become successful inspite of hurdles every step of the way and how they both overcome all of it together, 

That said, I am still skeptical about PH and script writers of Hindi shows. They don’t hesitate to deviate and butcher the storyline just for ratings. This is a highly successful show which can work in Hindi as well and bring about the much needed change in ITV amidst Saas-Bahu saga and love triangle crap. I wish KD, Neha, PH all the success because this show/story deserves it:?

BTW, I started watching this show only after my MIL suggested it last July when I visited India. She watches it diligently. Later I caught up with all the episodes in Hulu and now up to date. 

This forum and the show deserves the support. Hope more members join and start watching the show.

I might not be a regular here as I already watch few Tamil  shows which is keeping me busy. But will try to stop by when I can.

BTW, Pandian Stores - Season 2 started in Tamil with a different cast except 2 actors are repeated and a completely different storyline. Its been only 116 episodes. Oh boy! The Storyline is different from Season 1 and too many twists and turns and of course there some great characters and some irritating characters. The show is picking up in ratings slowly. I won’t be surprised if Star Plus decides to remake it probably after a yearsmiley36

My policy is to watch OG Tamil shows with OG storylines in any of the channels in my State. I stay away from remakes in Tamil from other languages especially Bengali show remakes. Their storylines are horrible. 

Yeah, this show looks so good and promising! Today's episode was glimpse of Sachin roasting his bro.

More than the makers, I feel it may be the channel who may intervene for ratings. But for now, this has everything for good ratings and everyone is just so fed up of toxic MLs, their angles with Bhabhi/saali, etc. So hope this sticks. Just learned the the producer used to be part of Swastika production (co-oned with his bro), and they seem to have done full justice to all Mytho shows. Am confident, they'll do it just as well here - as long as they get the ratings and channel doesn't intervene.

But so far, loving the story and every actors acting. So refreshing when all actors can act. And of course Kanwar is the cherry on top!

mpks1 thumbnail

Yeah, this show looks so good and promising! Today's episode was glimpse of Sachin roasting his bro.

More than the makers, I feel it may be the channel who may intervene for ratings. But for now, this has everything for good ratings and everyone is just so fed up of toxic MLs, their angles with Bhabhi/saali, etc. So hope this sticks. Just learned the the producer used to be part of Swastika production (co-oned with his bro), and they seem to have done full justice to all Mytho shows. Am confident, they'll do it just as well here - as long as they get the ratings and channel doesn't intervene.

But so far, loving the story and every actors acting. So refreshing when all actors can act. And of course Kanwar is the cherry on top!

Do you know who are the other actors acting in this show?

I only know KD and first time I am hearing and seeing Neha as the FL.

Sachin’s Grandmother, Father, Mother, older brother, younger brother, older brother’s wife and younger brother’s wife (both these women will enter the show after 60 episodes) are also important characters. So are Sailee’s parents, sister and brother. 
Do you the actors who are playing these characters? Are they well known? 
This show definitely needs a good ensemble cast for the story to move though Sachin- Sailee are the leads. 

Originally posted by: mpks1

Do you know who are the other actors acting in this show?

I only know KD and first time I am hearing and seeing Neha as the FL.

Sachin’s Grandmother, Father, Mother, older brother, younger brother, older brother’s wife and younger brother’s wife (both these women will enter the show after 60 episodes) are also important characters. So are Sailee’s parents, sister and brother. 
Do you the actors who are playing these characters? Are they well known? 
This show definitely needs a good ensemble cast for the story to move though Sachin- Sailee are the leads. 

His family except Grandmother is introduced. All great actors. I do t know name of all, but else bro is Puru Chibbar and his dad is a famous, veteran Marathi actor (Sameer sir). I haven't watched him before, but his scene with Kanwar yesterday was so beautiful.

This cast is fantastic. What a relief from PS!

mpks1 thumbnail

His family except Grandmother is introduced. All great actors. I do t know name of all, but else bro is Puru Chibbar and his dad is a famous, veteran Marathi actor (Sameer sir). I haven't watched him before, but his scene with Kanwar yesterday was so beautiful.

This cast is fantastic. What a relief from PS!

Great to hear about the ensemble cast. Everyone has a good role in this show. No one needs to overshadow or be insecure of others like how it happened in PS . Father role is as important as the FL for the ML to thrive in this show.

In the original version, director is very renowned and has been in the TV industry for 20+ years and for him story, dialogues, characters are more important than the actor. The story and script team of Vikatan Televistas have been always strong on storyline and they definitely give importance to comedy along with family drama. OG has plenty of comical situations and butt of jokes has always been the mother, elder brother and elder DIL. 
ML’s one-liners,  quick-witted response are plenty in this show. ML and FL’s romantic scenes are also very relatable, near and clean. If I have to reveal FL will be the  first one to show affection like hugging, crying on the ML’s shoulders. But them coming together is not stretched much like other serials. 

That said, I wish this forum was little more active and the show deserves all the support. This is definitely a change from the usual ITV crap. Hoping for the show to pick up both in ratings and in IF. 

1PinkRose1 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Pink Underlined.... Unfortunately for ITV , Trp audience loves toxic relationship between leads, abusive unbearable in law's, kitchen politics... Just look at the ⭐ top 5 shows,completely loaded with trashy plot but still they get amazing trp and money by showing that kind of unacceptable stuff. It's the trp audience who should be blamed for accepting toxic shows,not the channel or makers.

Na Channel na Hindi version ko  intervene or deviate karna padega from OG , agar OG storyline impressive ratings dega toh. See.... Agar Green Flag ML trp nahi laa paya then get ready to see him Red even if you don't like it. Basically Hindi version mein Toxic ML ka rule chalta hai ,pata nahi yeh New Green Flag ML inko takkar se payega ya bhi nahi???

OG ko local trp audience ne bohut popular banaya,I hope yahan Hindi version mein bhi aisa hi ho🤞🤞

Originally posted by: mpks1

Great to hear about the ensemble cast. Everyone has a good role in this show. No one needs to overshadow or be insecure of others like how it happened in PS . Father role is as important as the FL for the ML to thrive in this show.

In the original version, director is very renowned and has been in the TV industry for 20+ years and for him story, dialogues, characters are more important than the actor. The story and script team of Vikatan Televistas have been always strong on storyline and they definitely give importance to comedy along with family drama. OG has plenty of comical situations and butt of jokes has always been the mother, elder brother and elder DIL. 
ML’s one-liners,  quick-witted response are plenty in this show. ML and FL’s romantic scenes are also very relatable, near and clean. If I have to reveal FL will be the  first one to show affection like hugging, crying on the ML’s shoulders. But them coming together is not stretched much like other serials. 

That said, I wish this forum was little more active and the show deserves all the support. This is definitely a change from the usual ITV crap. Hoping for the show to pick up both in ratings and in IF. 

I think it will be eventually. Except lot of people are put off of ITV and lot of OG fans from PS has shifted to TT as well. Hope more and more will come back.

Wach this show and you won't be disappointed. Or maybe wait until the ratings come next week.

Today Grandma was introduced and we saw a whole new side of Sachin. The soft side. It's beautiful.

Originally posted by: 1PinkRose1

Pink Underlined.... Unfortunately for ITV , Trp audience loves toxic relationship between leads, abusive unbearable in law's, kitchen politics... Just look at the ⭐ top 5 shows,completely loaded with trashy plot but still they get amazing trp and money by showing that kind of unacceptable stuff. It's the trp audience who should be blamed for accepting toxic shows,not the channel or makers.

Na Channel na Hindi version ko  intervene or deviate karna padega from OG , agar OG storyline impressive ratings dega toh. See.... Agar Green Flag ML trp nahi laa paya then get ready to see him Red even if you don't like it. Basically Hindi version mein Toxic ML ka rule chalta hai ,pata nahi yeh New Green Flag ML inko takkar se payega ya bhi nahi???

OG ko local trp audience ne bohut popular banaya,I hope yahan Hindi version mein bhi aisa hi ho🤞🤞

That has been the case, but let's keep fingers crossed for this. Hope the ratings sky rocket. And if they do then this will probably bring a new wave. ITV is horrible. If one thing works, they'll make clone of that until everyone is sick and tired of it.

They did it with saas bahu, kitchen politics, the. Love stories, and the worst of all recent phase of toxic ML devr Bhabhi, family abuse, strong FL turning to bichri, etc.  may this be positive change of green flag MLs.