Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

milkcakejamun thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: 1PinkRose1

Pink Underlined.... Unfortunately for ITV , Trp audience loves toxic relationship between leads, abusive unbearable in law's, kitchen politics... Just look at the ⭐ top 5 shows,completely loaded with trashy plot but still they get amazing trp and money by showing that kind of unacceptable stuff. It's the trp audience who should be blamed for accepting toxic shows,not the channel or makers.

Na Channel na Hindi version ko  intervene or deviate karna padega from OG , agar OG storyline impressive ratings dega toh. See.... Agar Green Flag ML trp nahi laa paya then get ready to see him Red even if you don't like it. Basically Hindi version mein Toxic ML ka rule chalta hai ,pata nahi yeh New Green Flag ML inko takkar se payega ya bhi nahi???

OG ko local trp audience ne bohut popular banaya,I hope yahan Hindi version mein bhi aisa hi ho🤞🤞

@bold, Telugu audience is different from the Hindi audience, but considering how many of the Hindi/Bengali remakes are within the Top 5, perhaps this will be of reassurance. When this show's Telugu version was about to air, it had some of the most sob-fest promos I had ever seen. Crying child, mean mother, dramatic music. Lol, normally, I would've avoided this. But, I'm on a happy streak (i.e., will be graduating soon, no more classes, will be getting my first job), so I was like, why not watch this cringe fest?

I ended up irregularly watching the first 20 or so episodes. Instead of the crying drama I was promised from the promos, I saw a poignant story of a son who was reconciling with the fact that his mother may never love him. Add to that, amazing one-liners and comedy tracks I was not expecting.

I think it is safe to say no one expected this show to end up in the top 5, especially with it's initial promos, lack of wealthy families, and an unbearable mother. However, after the leads married, the show's ratings increased, and now it's consistently in the Top 5, sometimes reaching as far as the Top 3.

I hope the Hindi audience react the same way. This story is certainly not boring. There is always something happening. And that's a feat since there is no third angle love story or extreme toxicity (I say that because in the beginning the leads do struggle, and the ML's mother is horrible). 

PS: Hi Prema smiley27 Nice to hear from you again!

mpks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: milkcakejamun

@bold, Telugu audience is different from the Hindi audience, but considering how many of the Hindi/Bengali remakes are within the Top 5, perhaps this will be of reassurance. When this show's Telugu version was about to air, it had some of the most sob-fest promos I had ever seen. Crying child, mean mother, dramatic music. Lol, normally, I would've avoided this. But, I'm on a happy streak (i.e., will be graduating soon, no more classes, will be getting my first job), so I was like, why not watch this cringe fest?

I ended up irregularly watching the first 20 or so episodes. Instead of the crying drama I was promised from the promos, I saw a poignant story of a son who was reconciling with the fact that his mother may never love him. Add to that, amazing one-liners and comedy tracks I was not expecting.

I think it is safe to say no one expected this show to end up in the top 5, especially with it's initial promos, lack of wealthy families, and an unbearable mother. However, after the leads married, the show's ratings increased, and now it's consistently in the Top 5, sometimes reaching as far as the Top 3.

I hope the Hindi audience react the same way. This story is certainly not boring. There is always something happening. And that's a feat since there is no third angle love story or extreme toxicity (I say that because in the beginning the leads do struggle, and the ML's mother is horrible). 

PS: Hi Prema smiley27 Nice to hear from you again!

Good to see you, Avi!  Glad you are enjoying the Telugu version. 
This is one  show which deserves support and ratings  provided the script is intact and the ML is shown like the other versions🤞

mpks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mountains_Lakes

I think it will be eventually. Except lot of people are put off of ITV and lot of OG fans from PS has shifted to TT as well. Hope more and more will come back.

Wach this show and you won't be disappointed. Or maybe wait until the ratings come next week.

Today Grandma was introduced and we saw a whole new side of Sachin. The soft side. It's beautiful.

I can totally understand if fans and supporters are putt off by ITV with the depiction of the storylines, ML-FL dynamics, saas-bahu crap, 3rd angle nonsense etc. As long as the fans are supporting the show in any of the platforms, its fine,

This show too has an evil, but comical saas who falls flat on her face every time FL is tortured because FL has the support of her husband, FIL, ML’s Grandmother, ML’s younger brother and SIL. 

I am yet to watch today’s episode. So far they are staying true to the OG, let’s see how well they stick to the OG  script. 

mpks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1PinkRose1

Pink Underlined.... Unfortunately for ITV , Trp audience loves toxic relationship between leads, abusive unbearable in law's, kitchen politics... Just look at the ⭐ top 5 shows,completely loaded with trashy plot but still they get amazing trp and money by showing that kind of unacceptable stuff. It's the trp audience who should be blamed for accepting toxic shows,not the channel or makers.

Na Channel na Hindi version ko  intervene or deviate karna padega from OG , agar OG storyline impressive ratings dega toh. See.... Agar Green Flag ML trp nahi laa paya then get ready to see him Red even if you don't like it. Basically Hindi version mein Toxic ML ka rule chalta hai ,pata nahi yeh New Green Flag ML inko takkar se payega ya bhi nahi???

OG ko local trp audience ne bohut popular banaya,I hope yahan Hindi version mein bhi aisa hi ho🤞🤞

Star Vijay in Tamil which is the counterpart of Star Plus is where Siragadikka Aasai, Pandian Stores airs. This channel also has some toxic shows, unfortunately they are the remakes of Bengali shows which is also airing in Star Plus ( Anupama, Teri Meri Doriyaan and few others) But the Tamil audience have summarily rejected these shows except Srimoyee ( Anupama) remake  as they are fetching very low TRPs. I don’t even know how Baakiyalakshmi ( Anupama) is getting the ratings as the fans are roasting the show in Star Vijay’s Youtube channel under the promos and scenes from the show.

Tamil audience have started going for more family stories, day to day trials/tribulations happening in a middle class or a lower middle class families with an emphasis of a strong FL and a supporting ML. 
Shows with OG script (not remakes from any other language) like Siragaddika Aasai, PS-2, Mahanadhi (story about 4 sisters and their sacrifices) are doing much better. You will be surprised if I tell you that Men are also watching shows like SA, PS-2, Mahanadhi  in TN to support the storyline.

I agree, audience mind set needs to change to bring about a change in ITV. The world is changing, women are proving to be equally good and successful. That said, Star Plus also needs to force that change and give stories that are not toxic, no saas-bahu crap, no toxic ML-abla naari FL, no 3rd angle etc. Initially the ratings might be low but once audience figure that this is what they are going to get, they will get used to watching these good shows in time. Not only Star Plus, Zee, Colors, Sony and others need to follow too. 
When I used to watch TV in 80s and 90s as a young girl, it would be such a joy to watch the shows as you can relate to them. But now I am having to be very careful and choosy, get multiple opinions before I can invest my time:
I feel Hindi audience are still behind the Regional audience who have started supporting good shows now.

sakshi.ekansh thumbnail

Hi Prema di smiley31

Good to see you back.

I am watching this show as I have heard praises about the OGs. I really hope they don't spoil this one like they have spoiled other remakes because of the ratings including the last one for KD. 

The story looks fresh and distinct. Haven't seen a lot of actors apart from KD, Sanjay ji, Puru Chhibber, Shama Deshpande ji (Sachin's aaji) and a little bit of Devashish (Akash). 

I haven't even seen Neha much. 

I hope this show is well accepted by audience and makers stick to the positivities. 

mpks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sakshi.ekansh

Hi Prema di smiley31

Good to see you back.

I am watching this show as I have heard praises about the OGs. I really hope they don't spoil this one like they have spoiled other remakes because of the ratings including the last one for KD. 

The story looks fresh and distinct. Haven't seen a lot of actors apart from KD, Sanjay ji, Puru Chhibber, Shama Deshpande ji (Sachin's aaji) and a little bit of Devashish (Akash). 

I haven't even seen Neha much. 

I hope this show is well accepted by audience and makers stick to the positivities. 

Hi Sakshi smiley31 How are you?

Good to know that you are watching the show as well. I am not watching it everyday but watch the episodes together. I am yet to watch yesterdays’s and today’s and I will catch up with the weekend’s episodes. I don’t have the patience to write about the episode, analysis anymore. Moreover I know what’s going to come next  because atleast for the first few episodes PH will try to follow the OG just like they did with PS. 

Atleast in PS I knew Kruttika Desai, Kinshuk Mahajan and Shiny Doshi before I started watching the show, then got introduced to others. Here I don’t know anyone other than KDsmiley36 Akash is the younger brother, right?  I saw in the 2nd episode that he lives in a hostel probably studying in college.  In the OG, younger brother is a Chef working in a high end restaurant and a very good character. He is a big supporter of ML and FL.

Do you know who are all acting as Sayili’s parents, suster and brother. They are all very relevant characters in the OG even after 330 episodes. They are still part of the storyline unlike other shows where the FL’s family disappears after the first 200 episodessmiley36

Anyway ML’s trolling of his mother, older brother and SIL is the next best part of this showsmiley36  after his beautiful relationship with his father, FL and grandmother. ML will always do the opposite of what his mother says smiley36 He is the biggest supporter of the FL and won’t hesitate to call out his mom, older brother and SIL when they gang up and verbally abuse the FL. Infact all 3 are scared of him smiley36

Watch the episodes, enjoy the show.  Hope the PH and the writers stay true to the OG. 

spdp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Hi Prema,  

SA is interesting, as you had summarized. watching this show clubbing episodes together! 
Started for Kanwar, this is a home run for him! He has moulded himself well in this character and layering for Sachin is going to work wonders! Happy for him that he got this chance! This week’s episodes, he has absolutely stole the show!

after a long time, sitara has a show where ML has backstories, trauma, relationship issues with parent! 
and a heartwarming father-son bond. 

Sachin’s family esp, his baba Sanjay narvekar  is great actor. Love their scenes together, their comfort camaraderie onscreen! Love how both of their voices have similar deep tones! Casting for Sachin’s family is done good.  His mom is known Marathi actor. Puru - older brother is son of tv actors just like KD! You may have seen his mom in some shows. Younger brother was in some shows too and seems good fit for role! I like Sachin and his buddies scenes as well. These guys fit the role well. 
Sailee & her family : she looks sweet and will get better in acting with time.(her smile, expressions and reactions do remind me of shiny) Though Sailee already has sitara special super sweet mahanta glimpses! If numbers fluctuate: they will quick shift gears. Though I do find girls side family scenes bit dragged, opening scene was too slow- too common- too overdone and seen many times before+ predictable. Maybe post wedding things will change. Else they should start and end episodes with Sachin & keep Sailee & fam scenes in the middle. 

Big plus for this show so far for me is Outdoor locales! Always love shows shot in real locations- recent Keh doon tumhein, Dahleez - they always have special pull. (That’s where ott dramas win with aesthetics) 

Real locations always add charm. Mumbai can provide fantastic backdrop and they should continue outdoor shoots! Sachin’s taxi tales will add good angle to otherwise family centric drama! 

Not going to get involved much, will follow this show for story, drama, good performances! 
right you are, Hindi audience is still stuck in same rinse repeat angles, chemistry, nok jhonk, angst and cliche’s.

Hope this show hop over all that and focuses on relations, simple story telling and good performances! 

One good thing is Vikatan tv and og writer Radhika are actively involved in this. That gives hope that they will not change story or scenes much. but then this is Sitara and it’s only about numbers.

9 pm initial episodes will fetch good numbers. +/- 2 should be easy. Promos got great response- primarily KD, fresh look and They should thank Sai-Ayesha too! That grabbed  in a lot more eyeballs and created good buzz crossing million views. Hoping these initial episodes will get those viewers hooked. 
9 pm has another new show started week ago on other Chanel. IPL is coming and interestingly SA’s Marathi version is starting from 18th as well. Few factors that will come in play for number games!

Regardless, fingers crossed this show stays true to og and achieves success like OG as well! 

mpks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: spdp

Hi Prema,  

SA is interesting, as you had summarized. watching this show clubbing episodes together! 
Started for Kanwar, this is a home run for him! He has moulded himself well in this character and layering for Sachin is going to work wonders! Happy for him that he got this chance! This week’s episodes, he has absolutely stole the show!

after a long time, sitara has a show where ML has backstories, trauma, relationship issues with parent! 
and a heartwarming father-son bond. 

Sachin’s family esp, his baba Sanjay narvekar  is great actor. Love their scenes together, their comfort camaraderie onscreen! Love how both of their voices have similar deep tones! Casting for Sachin’s family is done good.  His mom is known Marathi actor. Puru - older brother is son of tv actors just like KD! You may have seen his mom in some shows. Younger brother was in some shows too and seems good fit for role! I like Sachin and his buddies scenes as well. These guys fit the role well. 
Sailee & her family : she looks sweet and will get better in acting with time.(her smile, expressions and reactions do remind me of shiny) Though Sailee already has sitara special super sweet mahanta glimpses! If numbers fluctuate: they will quick shift gears. Though I do find girls side family scenes bit dragged, opening scene was too slow- too common- too overdone and seen many times before+ predictable. Maybe post wedding things will change. Else they should start and end episodes with Sachin & keep Sailee & fam scenes in the middle. 

Big plus for this show so far for me is Outdoor locales! Always love shows shot in real locations- recent Keh doon tumhein, Dahleez - they always have special pull. (That’s where ott dramas win with aesthetics) 

Real locations always add charm. Mumbai can provide fantastic backdrop and they should continue outdoor shoots! Sachin’s taxi tales will add good angle to otherwise family centric drama! 

Not going to get involved much, will follow this show for story, drama, good performances! 
right you are, Hindi audience is still stuck in same rinse repeat angles, chemistry, nok jhonk, angst and cliche’s.

Hope this show hop over all that and focuses on relations, simple story telling and good performances! 

One good thing is Vikatan tv and og writer Radhika are actively involved in this. That gives hope that they will not change story or scenes much. but then this is Sitara and it’s only about numbers.

9 pm initial episodes will fetch good numbers. +/- 2 should be easy. Promos got great response- primarily KD, fresh look and They should thank Sai-Ayesha too! That grabbed  in a lot more eyeballs and created good buzz crossing million views. Hoping these initial episodes will get those viewers hooked. 
9 pm has another new show started week ago on other Chanel. IPL is coming and interestingly SA’s Marathi version is starting from 18th as well. Few factors that will come in play for number games!

Regardless, fingers crossed this show stays true to og and achieves success like OG as well! 

Good to see you here after a long time, Yes, watch the show  as its worth trying. 

Yes, this show can really prove to be great for KD if the writers stick to the OG. He is not your normal, very obedient son who is silent. He has an opinion, likes, dislikes about everything. Initially he only listens to his father and grandmother, later FL has a very good influence on him. This role suits KD, he can really mould himself as Sachin Deshmukh.
Glad to know that the PH has selected good actors for  ML’s family characters. In the OG, casting plays a very important rile. Though Mom and the older brother are horrible characters, the actors playing them have received great appreciation. 

As for the FL, don’t  even her. Hope they don’t make her go OTT. As for her family scenes, its not that bad in the OG, they keep it crisp and to the point.  These are initial episodes, writers are setting the story and track, that’s why it looks dragged. Once the FL gets married to the ML, majority if the story takes place in the ML’s house. That doesn’t mean FL’s family disappears, even till date they are relevant in the OG. 

I really like the FL in the OG and the actor playing the character is amazing. She emotes well and  her girl next door image with very minimal make-up and simple costumes is a big plus point. She is also the FL in the Malayalam version but there she looks different. I guess the character and their overall look differs from region to region. I like the down to earth realistic look of both ML and FL, for that matter all the characters in the OG. Their scenes, dialogues and characters look like someone in your family; Gomathi Priya Balakumaran is amazing as Meena, so is Vetri Vasanth as Muthu (his dialogue delivery and spontaneity is a big plus point for this show) 

About filming in real locations, OG is that way. Houses shown as part of  where ML and FL’s families are residing are real houses rented by the PH for shooting purpose. Even grandmother’s house in the village is real location. They have not put up a set so far. 

As for the producer Radhika Srivasan getting involved, she is the producer of this show along with her Dad. Vikatan Televistas is a family owned business. Radhika’s great grandfather S.S.Vasan founded Gemini Studios in the 1940s in Chennai and made movies till his death in the 70s. The family owns Magazine publications for 97 years. They release 6 magazines all in Tamil - some weekly and some monthly, After the family sold their movie business, studios, grand children decided to venture into TV production 25 years ago when Cable TV became popular along with their  Magazine publications division,  They have already made some popular TV shows for Sun TV in the past, now making exclusive content for Vijay TV. So PH has some reputation among TV watchers in TN.They have 1 more show in-air in Vijay TV which is also OG story, decent enough but not worthy of a remake. That said, I am not sure how much Radhika can exert her influence on the script because SP is driven by ratings, 

I am yet to catch up on  the weekend episodes, have gotten busy as my son is home  from college for spring break. As I said earlier planning to watch the episodes together, not going to get involved in discussions on a daily basis. I will make a post or write my 2 cents once in a while, 

Edited by mpks1 - 1 months ago