Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 months ago

President Obama started all this. During his campaign, before his first term, his stand was 'Marriage should be only between a man and a woman' but soon after he got elected he changed his position and did everything in his power to pass the gay Marriage law

Edited by TotalBetty - 6 months ago
TotalBetty thumbnail

So do you think it will be decriminalized anytime soon?

Who knows, anything is possible

10,15 yrs ago we didn't think the madness happening now would happen in our lifetime, so 🤷‍♀️

1215019 thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
To view this post you need to Log in to India Forums.
TotalBetty thumbnail

So much hate, so much false accusations and distortion of truth

I stayed silent for eight hours now, I cannot any longer

Who here is talking about wanting to elimintae people and punish people before a crime has occured?

I don't recall...Did anybody here suggest punishment for thought crime? Who here said people should be eliminated?

And crimes from theft, assault, to rape and murder began right when human beings started to exist and will exist as long as human beings are here on earth. So should we accept that too and people should NOT be punished?

(Actually that's happening now, right now shoplifting and stealing cannot be punished in some parts of the country, many shops are closing now)

Anyway who said pedophilia was only gay oriented and heteroes don't it? (Yes,they may be high in nos cz still in society they're high in nos.)

So the priests molesting altar boys will be molesting girls if there were altar girls?

Pederasty was a socially acknowledged practice in Ancient Greece and Rome, elsewhere in the world too such as Pre-Meiji Japan and as far as I know modern day Afganistan

Of course both hetero and homo should be punished (only if they commit the crime) but now we see they(the forces behind) trying to normalize and decriminalize this behaviour fron lgbtq.

Edited by TotalBetty - 6 months ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail

I tagged people to discuss this issue. That’s it.

IMO, anyone who abuses a child should be killed. He / she should not get a second chance OR get an excuse to go Scot free as they now call abuse or rape towards a child as sexual orientation. I repeat.. he or she is straight or gay or lesbian or bisexual.. he or she doesn’t deserve to live if they don’t stop abusing children.

A child has no way of protecting oneself or knowing what wrong is happening to him / her. Even if it gets reported, the child is scared for life. Whereas An adult who’s abused or raped or whatever.. can at least attack or kill the abuser or report abuse and go to court for justice..

Edited by Swetha-Sai - 6 months ago
NathuPaapi thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: TotalBetty

So much hate, so much false accusations and distortion of truth

I stayed silent for eight hours now, I cannot any longer

Who here is talking about wanting to elimintae people and punish people before a crime has occured?

I don't recall...Did anybody here suggest punishment for thought crime? Who here said people should be eliminated?

And crimes from theft, assault, to rape and murder began right when human beings started to exist and will exist as long as human beings are here on earth. So should we accept that too and people should NOT be punished?

(Actually that's happening now, right now shoplifting and stealing cannot be punished in some parts of the country, many shops are closing now)

Anyway who said pedophilia was only gay oriented and heteroes don't it? (Yes,they may be high in nos cz still in society they're high in nos.)

So the priests molesting altar boys will be molesting girls if there were altar girls?

Pederasty was a socially acknowledged practice in Ancient Greece and Rome, elsewhere in the world too such as Pre-Meiji Japan and as far as I know modern day Afganistan

Of course both hetero and homo should be punished (only if they commit the crime) but now we see they(the forces behind) trying to normalize and decriminalize this behaviour fron lgbtq.

Did u read the whole thing? I stopped reading after 'we are not responsible for our feelings but our actions'.

So it's all good if u see every woman, man or baby on the street and feel lust for them as long as you don't act on your feelings. There is no moral responsibility on you to check if your feelings are right or wrong... Cos apparently right or wrong is also arguable...

As for me I do believe in keeping a check on my thoughts and feelings as they shape our actions sooner or later.

And for this reason in our dharma we are told to avoid kaam, krodh, lobh, irshya etc. If they are just feelings then why avoid them unless u r acting on them?

P.S. - anyone being tempted to quote me or reply to me on this topic, please don't. I won't be able to waste my time and peace of mind on this discussion cos I value my feeling of peace a lot. 🙏

Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

President Obama started all this. During his campaign, before his first term, his stand was 'Marriage should be only between a man and a woman' but soon after he got elected he changed his position and did everything in his power to pass the gay Marriage law

The blame for this legally falls on the Supreme Court. On the societal battlefield, everywhere that a ballot initiative was held, it was usually sponsored by the opposition to same-sex marriage, and the ballots usually were simple like "Marriage is a relationship b/w a man and a woman". Such ballots usually won overwhelmingly, even in that loony bastion California, where it often started

But after that Supreme Court 5-4 judgement in 2015, where Justice Anthony Kennedy flipped it in favor of same-sex marriage, the floodgates opened. First, it was the millions of couples throughout the country marrying, but then, the T & Q activism started, then all the bathroom violations. In North Carolina, a sitting governor was successfully cancelled due to his opposition to men entering women's bathrooms

Also, the US was the only major Western country that didn't recognize same-sex marriage, and as long as it didn't, that lunacy didn't seem hot in India either. Once it did, that lunacy started spreading there as well. On top of that, Indian elitists, particularly in the court, love communicating w/ the US Ivy League, and when they hit upon an idea from there, they try legislating from the bench (which is unconstitutional but a common problem in US, India, Israel and I suspect elsewhere). That's why in India, it's been the Supreme Court that's been demanding that the government legalize gay marriage

I'm primarily an English speaker: my Bengali is okay (spoken okay, written/read atrocious) and my Hindi atrocious. But now the Anglosphere is the prime vector of this woke virus, and it's primarily English speaking Indians who are reading this, particularly online, and promoting this. I hate saying it, but the sooner India de-emphasizes the usage of English, the easier it will be to avoid these woke trends

Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

"Is our society degrading further?" you asked, implying that dignity and civil rights for LGBTQ+ people will lead to pedophiles getting whatever they want. No, pedophiles have always existed, but it was impossible to notice them when child marriage was the norm in India until a century ago. News of sex crimes makes you and me think that society is in bad shape; now, imagine how degraded society was when these crimes went unreported! Society has progressed so that some children are able to speak up, and some adults are enlightened enough to listen. Progress isn't easy; there are always people trying to pull us backward into orderly silence.

Do you know the context from which those video clips were taken? What are the speakers' credentials? Who was the audience?

Pedophilia is not "just" sexual orientation. Ignorant people use the word "pedophile" loosely to mix up three very different concepts:

I don't know whether you've noticed it, but as I mentioned previously, LGBTQ has been expanded to LGBTQIA2SMAP, where

I - Intersex

A - Asexual/Aromantic

2S - 2 Spirit - some vague belief somewhere

MAP - Minor Attracted Persons

The last one is criminal, and if people feeling it is normalized, it will only be a matter of time before it is legalized. Heck, homosexual sex was illegal too: in fact, what started this whole saga was the US Supreme Court knocking down a Texas law that criminalized sodomy. That then kicked off a case where the 'Defense of Marriage Act', where one state did not have to recognize gay marriages done in other states where it is legal - was tried in the Supreme Court, which led to that 5-4 decision that started this whole avalanche

In the past, LGBTQ activists always told us that the "slippery slope argument" was a logical fallacy, which is what you seem to be suggesting above: just b'cos someone feels attracted to kids doesn't mean that they will act upon it. The whole history of homosexuality suggests otherwise: the "slippery slope argument" is not a logical fallacy, but has turned out to be a trend line. In fact, this whole LGBTQ thing needs to be rolled back in countries that have not adapted it. Our example to follow here should be Uganda or Russia: even if we do not go all the way to criminalizing acts like sodomy, it should definitely be illegal, and subject to at least public shaming

The era when the West in general, and the US in particular, was an inspirational beacon to the rest of the world, is past. As I mentioned in an above post, the sooner we de-Anglicize and become a non-English speaking country, the better, since English is the vector of wokism and all this sexual debauchery

TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vr15h

The blame for this legally falls on the Supreme Court. On the societal battlefield, everywhere that a ballot initiative was held, it was usually sponsored by the opposition to same-sex marriage, and the ballots usually were simple like "Marriage is a relationship b/w a man and a woman". Such ballots usually won overwhelmingly, even in that loony bastion California, where it often started

But after that Supreme Court 5-4 judgement in 2015, where Justice Anthony Kennedy flipped it in favor of same-sex marriage, the floodgates opened. First, it was the millions of couples throughout the country marrying, but then, the T & Q activism started, then all the bathroom violations. In North Carolina, a sitting governor was successfully cancelled due to his opposition to men entering women's bathrooms

Also, the US was the only major Western country that didn't recognize same-sex marriage, and as long as it didn't, that lunacy didn't seem hot in India either. Once it did, that lunacy started spreading there as well. On top of that, Indian elitists, particularly in the court, love communicating w/ the US Ivy League, and when they hit upon an idea from there, they try legislating from the bench (which is unconstitutional but a common problem in US, India, Israel and I suspect elsewhere). That's why in India, it's been the Supreme Court that's been demanding that the government legalize gay marriage

I'm primarily an English speaker: my Bengali is okay (spoken okay, written/read atrocious) and my Hindi atrocious. But now the Anglosphere is the prime vector of this woke virus, and it's primarily English speaking Indians who are reading this, particularly online, and promoting this. I hate saying it, but the sooner India de-emphasizes the usage of English, the easier it will be to avoid these woke trends

Bold - You know that's not practical or possible

Blue - It's always the so called conservative judges. Some even suspect these liberal activists have 'something' on these judges including John Roberts

Vr15h thumbnail

Bold - You know that's not practical or possible

Blue - It's always the so called conservative judges. Some even suspect these liberal activists have 'something' on these judges including John Roberts

The only 2 real conservatives on the court - those who uphold constitutionally granted liberty & the bill of rights - are Thomas and Alito. Others - including the 3 that President Trump appointed on advice of the Federalist Society - have been big disappointments

I don't agree w/ the former. It's claimed that India is an English speaking country in the West, but any stroll down the streets of anywhere in India will prove otherwise. Only question that remains is the medium of education. Previously, I used to believe that English was essential to be a modern society. Unfortunately now, that's also mixed w/ having to accept the wokeness that's now epidemic in all English speaking societies. Which is why it's now worth enhancing and upgrading vernacular education, b'cos what's transmitted in English is so FUBAR

Edited by Vr15h - 6 months ago