Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: hoshiyaar

Respect to your idea of equality for everyone irrespective of their job description, social status and financial status. A janitor is no less human than a ceo and deserves the same respect and treatment from others. Hopefully we can all try to set our prejudices aside and see other people for the person they are at the core rather than their appearences, financial and social status.

However, in case of anupamaa, audience trash talk her so maybe through alut l the criticism the writers can really see what they have reduced anupamaa to- someone without self respect.

By loving and respecting the people who treat her with no respect and decency she sets an bad example. She is inconsistent, a hypocrite and a bad role model.

Anuj who left her to go live with Maya and was about to divorce her to nurse Maya as if a billionaire cannot afford a psychiatric hospital for the bio mama of his foster child did not respect her either. He was obsessed with the idea of a married woman for 26 years and then up and ran when confronted with the reality that a mother and grandmother did not keep a child in his house against the will of her biological mother— risking a human trafficking charge.

Couldn't he bury Maya with hoards of lawyers being the hotshot? Upma did this and did that but Anuj the billionaire i.e. someone who owns at least 1000 crores is helpless biwi ka shataya hua? Lol

Both her exes are trash. And even if she were trash, people cannot comment on other people's looks, body, clothes, and accent. That is just ignorant af.

I do not believe the OP's domestic worker ever says such things but I surely would not want to work for someone who discusses my relationship status and whether my jackets are second-hand or brand new on a public forum at all let alone without my consent or knowledge to rant about a daily soap.

hoshiyaar thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

Anuj who left her to go live with Maya and was about to divorce her to nurse Maya as if a billionaire cannot afford a psychiatric hospital for the bio mama of his foster child did not respect her either. He was obsessed with the idea of a married woman for 26 years and then up and ran when confronted with the reality that a mother and grandmother did not keep a child in his house against the will of her biological mother— risking a human trafficking charge.

Couldn't he bury Maya with hoards of lawyers being the hotshot? Upma did this and did that but Anuj the billionaire i.e. someone who owns at least 1000 crores is helpless biwi ka shataya hua? Lol

Both her exes are trash. And even if she were trash, people cannot comment on other people's looks, body, clothes, and accent. That is just ignorant af.

I do not believe the OP's domestic worker ever says such things but I surely would not want to work for someone who discusses my relationship status and whether my jackets are second-hand or brand new on a public forum at all let alone without my consent or knowledge to rant about a daily soap.

So the question is why audience hate anupamaa more than Anuj.

Agree that all characters are flawed and not perfect. But the story is about anupamaa. That's who the audience cheered for in early stages of the story. Her body language, accent and all these characteristics were shown to display the weakness of the character and gain audience sympathy. And it worked at that time. That's how anupamaa became a hit.

But to prolong the series and keep it in miserable continuity loop the writers ruined the story and respect people had for character.

Anupamaa would spin in the 2 states of empowered and weak women at a unbelievable daily speed to the point that her transformation, her dialogues, her body language, accent and antics all seemed phony. The disappointment in her journey and who she has become is the idea at the core which is being mocked at. Initially this forum of audience was mocking to tell that they are not fooled and now that those patterns haven't changed the audience has realized that anupamaa is just a big joke and a sad failure which can be only mocked at and not taken seriously. Audience got tricked into seeing a story of self hate while being told its self empowerment.

Anuj was not the main character of this story. He was loved because he was the voice of audience who wanted anupamaa to be really empowered but anupamaa couldn't help loving her haters ( the shahs) and that self hating behavior became the cause of her unpopularity.

By displaying the body language, accent, clothes and tragedy expressions, It seems like anupamaa is mocking the average lower and middle class women who are surviving real struggles and setbacks.

Edited by hoshiyaar - 6 months ago
Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Anupama claimed to only visit Shah House for her "bachche".

Last I checked Anupama took on jimmedari of Leela-Hansmukh when Vanraj was unwell and away. Not just her, Kavya and Dimple as well who were pregnant.

She would frequent Shah House so often at the cost of their home and family that Anuj resolved her juggling around with getting them to Kapadia Mansion risking peace at his household.

Surprisingly, she left the pregnant women (one of who was her bahu) to themselves at Shah House to take care of aged Leela-Hansmukh.

Why ALL this? Because Leela-Hansmukh do Not like maids at their household and nurses taking care of them🤔.

Edited by Bodhianveshika - 6 months ago
Tulsi_Smriti thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ur maid is a hardworking honest, apne dam per sab kamane wali n a self made woman and not a double standard woman at all....

Which is exactly opposite of Maa 🤣🤣

So she cant succeed in doing wat maa did...🤣

hoshiyaar thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Just wanted to say this on this forum.

Real class is how you treat and talk about others who can do nothing for you.

Having better education, more money and power, better caste and social status, better US visa status, better looks, better clothes and fashion style, better body appearances don't make anyone more classy or special. If you think otherwise then you have been programmed to think like a herd by the society you live in. Something we all must remember and treat others better.

Blueeeee thumbnail

So the question is why audience hate anupamaa more than Anuj.

Agree that all characters are flawed and not perfect. But the story is about anupamaa. That's who the audience cheered for in early stages of the story. Her body language, accent and all these characteristics were shown to display the weakness of the character and gain audience sympathy. And it worked at that time. That's how anupamaa became a hit.

But to prolong the series and keep it in miserable continuity loop the writers ruined the story and respect people had for character.

Anupamaa would spin in the 2 states of empowered and weak women at a unbelievable daily speed to the point that her transformation, her dialogues, her body language, accent and antics all seemed phony. The disappointment in her journey and who she has become is the idea at the core which is being mocked at. Initially this forum of audience was mocking to tell that they are not fooled and now that those patterns haven't changed the audience has realized that anupamaa is just a big joke and a sad failure which can be only mocked at and not taken seriously. Audience got tricked into seeing a story of self hate while being told its self empowerment.

Anuj was not the main character of this story. He was loved because he was the voice of audience who wanted anupamaa to be really empowered but anupamaa couldn't help loving her haters ( the shahs) and that self hating behavior became the cause of her unpopularity.

By displaying the body language, accent, clothes and tragedy expressions, It seems like anupamaa is mocking the average lower and middle class women who are surviving real struggles and setbacks.

Many things : a) I could be a PhD in Dogri but according to this logic if I don't have a downton abbey accent, then I am open for mocking in this forum keeping in mind that women like Anupamaa who get married off as teens do have lesser avenue to pursue higher education to begin with.

If I, with a PhD degree, can be mocked for my accent, then that is indeed a social disadvantage and lets remember that in this hypothetical scenario, I wasn't married off as a teen like Anupamaa. have had real friends with superb qualifications and great English proficiency be discriminated against for their accents in corporate interviews for which they were overqualified. That is racist and elitist. This is a real prejudice that dogs real people far more educated and hardworking than Anoooj let alone people like Anupamaa who have lifelong social impediments of being teen brides. Even bad people shouldn't be mocked for their accents lol. Bad people are not free meat to unleash social prejudice. It's like saying I was casteist to a casteist person so that's cool. Caste is bad by principle. Will always be bad in any and every context. End of.

b) Clothes are again markers of class and social access. They are not reflective a person's character or actions. If Upma gets a makeover tomorrow, she would still be someone who abused her rape-survivor DIL. The OC not only pretended that Anupama's sweaters are somehow less than a denim jacket but ABSOLUTELY had to mention that their domestic worker's denim jacket is a HAND-ME-DOWN to make their point about a daily soap.

c) One can have a shrine for Anuj without either making up stories about one's working class employee to mock a fictional character's romantic viability or disclosing their divorcée status or financial status to a bunch of internet stragers AGAIN just to mock a fictional woman's sexual viability. That shows great disrespect, disregard and extreme prejudice for a real person. Would any of us here like for our bosses to disclose our love life on a public forum just to mock Bridgerton or something even if we had discussed the show in the office?

Blueeeee thumbnail

Just wanted to say this on this forum.

Real class is how you treat and talk about others who can do nothing for you.

Having better education, more money and power, better caste and social status, better US visa status, better looks, better clothes and fashion style, better body appearances don't make anyone more classy or special. If you think otherwise then you have been programmed to think like a herd by the society you live in. Something we all must remember and treat others better.

Yes, I agree 100%. Also think Dimpy should have slapped a DV case against Upma. Also think Anuj has an obsessive personality who doesn't put any real efforts into his relationships. His love language is spending money on the people he loves/is obsessed with.

Anupamaa absolutely doesn't deserve to be slùtshamed for her failed marriages. She absolutely does not deserve to have sexually charged things written about her abuser when she has repeatedly mentioned that she doesn't love him romantically and interacts with as a co-parent. There shouldn't be any discussion about how ANY woman 'seduces' any rich man.

All these things can be true at the same time.

hoshiyaar thumbnail

Many things : a) I could be a PhD in Dogri but according to this logic if I don't have a downton abbey accent, then I am open for mocking in this forum keeping in mind that women like Anupamaa who get married off as teens do have lesser avenue to pursue higher education to begin with.

If I, with a PhD degree, can be mocked for my accent, then that is indeed a social disadvantage and lets remember that in this hypothetical scenario, I wasn't married off as a teen like Anupamaa. have had real friends with superb qualifications and great English proficiency be discriminated against for their accents in corporate interviews for which they were overqualified. That is racist and elitist. This is a real prejudice that dogs real people far more educated and hardworking than Anoooj let alone people like Anupamaa who have lifelong social impediments of being teen brides. Even bad people shouldn't be mocked for their accents lol. Bad people are not free meat to unleash social prejudice. It's like saying I was casteist to a casteist person so that's cool. Caste is bad by principle. Will always be bad in any and every context. End of.

b) Clothes are again markers of class and social access. They are not reflective a person's character or actions. If Upma gets a makeover tomorrow, she would still be someone who abused her rape-survivor DIL. The OC not only pretended that Anupama's sweaters are somehow less than a denim jacket but ABSOLUTELY had to mention that their domestic worker's denim jacket is a HAND-ME-DOWN to make their point about a daily soap.

c) One can have a shrine for Anuj without either making up stories about one's working class employee to mock a fictional character's romantic viability or disclosing their divorcée status or financial status to a bunch of internet stragers AGAIN just to mock a fictional woman's sexual viability. That shows great disrespect, disregard and extreme prejudice for a real person. Would any of us here like for our bosses to disclose our love life on a public forum just to mock Bridgerton or something even if we had discussed the show in the office?

The point is mocking someone based of those attributes is not right. Thinking less of them and to assign them labels based of these attributes like weak and dumb is also not right. And anupamaa had used all these labels to showcase weakness and garner sympathy for her bechari status. Anupamaa is embarrassing people ( with such attributes)and mocking them by tagging all these attributes to retain her bechari status.

Anupamaa is hated for her lack of self respect. And that is the main point.

Not justifying the OPs view point in anyway. Just an audience opinion about anupamaa. One can go in details over who said and did what.in this story, however, the big picture point of view is anupamaa lacks self respect and audience hate her for hating herself so much.

Blueeeee thumbnail

The point is mocking someone based of those attributes is not right. Thinking less of them and to assign them labels based of these attributes like weak and dumb is also not right. And anupamaa had used all these labels to showcase weakness and garner sympathy for her bechari status. Anupamaa is embarrassing people ( with such attributes)and mocking them by tagging all these attributes to retain her bechari status.

Anupamaa is hated for her lack of self respect. And that is the main point.

Not justifying the OPs view point in anyway. Just an audience opinion about anupamaa. One can go in details over who said and did what.in this story, however, the big picture point of view is anupamaa lacks self respect and audience hate her for hating herself so much.

Isn't it bechari and social weakness when people are discriminated against for superfical markers like accent, English fluency, body and looks? This is a reality. There have been studies that show such implicit biases are present from the beginning of the hiring process. CVs get rejected based upon names, schools, universities even before people get to interviews.

Anupama is culturally chauvinist, sure. She can be called out for sure. She doesn't have to sound like a SoBo party girl for any man to be attracted to her or dress like Anna Wintour to not get classist remarks against her.

I dunno, body shaming a person who body shames other people is still body shaming. Nothing really changes apart from prejudice being normalised. Prejudice is bad in every context by principle.

hoshiyaar thumbnail

Isn't it bechari and social weakness when people are discriminated against for superfical markers like accent, English fluency, body and looks? This is a reality. There have been studies that show such implicit biases are present from the beginning of the hiring process. CVs get rejected based upon names, schools, universities even before people get to interviews.

Anupama is culturally chauvinist, sure. She can be called out for sure. She doesn't have to sound like a SoBo party girl for any man to be attracted to her or dress like Anna Wintour to not get classist remarks against her.

I dunno, body shaming a person who body shames other people is still body shaming. Nothing really changes apart from prejudice being normalised. Prejudice is bad in every context by principle.

Superficial markers like accent, body type and looks are not weakness/ automatic classification under bechari status. That's like telling them to be more ashamed of themselves. Owning who you are and what you are instead of tagging oneself to the bechari status, is the type of thinking people need to have. Shaming is what others decide to think of us and owning it is what we decide to think of ourselves otherwise we are shaming ourselves like the others.

I agree that a lot of viewpoint showcases the prejudices we have in our society and therfore more need for exposure to a better style of thinking rather than what the makers of the show are doing. Wahi baasi khichdi of bechari status, fostering the.mindset of labeling oneself as a bechari and feed on the need to have everyone take pity on you. It's pathetic - this show.