Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tellyme thumbnail
Posted: 7 months ago

Chapter 3

Ani and Jhanak were sitting in the airport lounge waiting for the flight gate to open for onboarding.

“Sirji, I don’t understand why we are going by flight?’

“Then how do we go.. You tell me Jhanak.. By train.. So that on each station you would had chance to get down of the train”

“Yes… I would have got down and you would have been free”

“So that Tejas and his men could have easily caught you”

“I am able to protect myself”

“No, you are not with those criminal lurking around to get hold of you”

“But why are you taking me with you..”

“Is it not that simple Jhanak? I have married you to protect you and now that you are my wife, I have to ensure you are safe and your life settled”

“But it was a fake marriage sir ji”

“Did I say that?”

“If you won’t say that it won’t become real. You have a life ahead with Arshi Di”

“Jhanak, I know you were not ready for marriage and I was not ready to marry anyone other than Arshi but now we are married”

“Married so? It is fake sirji”

“Jhanak, we are not discussing it. The villagers got us married and there was a reason for me saying yes. Now fake or not fake, you are coming with me”

“But you should tell Arshi Di”

“That is my problem, you do not need to worry…”

“Don't worry? How can I not worry?”

“Jhanak, now we are settling in for the flight. I do not talk in flight”

Jhanak, who was sitting in the flight for the first time, thought people do not talk in flight. Anirudh used her lack of knowledge to save himself from answering her unstoppable queries. Yes, for Anirudh the vows taken were real, not for his sake but this girl.. while taking the vows he has promised to take care of her and protect her in all ways throughout his life. She needed that protection, naive that she is, she will not understand.

Jhanak's face was covered with discomfort and fear as flight was taking off and she did not realize that she was holding Anirudh’s arm, next to her, tightly. She only realized it when the flight was way high and stable. She removed her hand softly from Anirudh’s as his eyes were closed, his head thrown back on the headboard of the seat.

Anirudh pretended to be sleeping so as to avoid her questions.

Anirudh, with his eyes closed, got the chance to plan and think about Arshi.

Arshi - his lady love. They had been in a relationship for the last 5 years. She was everything that any normal modern man would want in his wife. She was independent, beautiful, a careerist, and had her own position in the dancing and modeling field.

He then thought of Jhanak.. Jhanak is extremely talented, beautiful enough to have brought slight insecurity even in Arshi, she had thought of making a great career as well but life has not been as favorable to her as Arshi. He shook his brain- why is he comparing? He didn’t marry Jhanak for himself but for her needs . The fact was, she was his wife now.

Anirudh was still thinking about what will be the reaction of his family and Arshi when he will break the news to them. While he was still thinking, he felt the weight on his shoulders. He slightly opened his eyes to see Jhanak sleeping peacefully there. A small smile creeped on his face as he sighed. In the last three days, it was the first time he was seeing peace on her face. Even before that, as much as he had seen her, he had only seen her and her mother’s struggle and humiliation at the hand of his fiancé’s family. Fiancé’? No, Arshi was no longer his fiancé. He has to learn this truth fast.

After landing in Kolkata airport, the first thing Anirudh did was switch off both his and Jhanak’s phone. He knows his family and Arshi must be continuously trying to call him. Everything happened so fast and he did not get a chance at that moment to inform his family. Well, he intentionally did not as he knew they would for sure ask him to not do what he did. But he had given his word and for Jhanak, this was the only option.

“Sir ji my phone. Why did you switch off?”

“Why are you missing Rahul?” he taunted, himself did not know why that came out

“He and my friends are only my family, how will I not miss them in this far land”

“And Tejas… you are missing him as well”

“Sir ji… “

“No, because before Rahul and your friends, Tejas is the one who will find you if you keep this on. Jab baat samajh nahi aatee na Jhanak to bahas nahi kerna chahiye”

“You are just forcing things on me”

“Mujhe kuch mazzaa nahi aa raha yeh sab me phas ker. But this is the situation. Accept it and let me help you.. Please Jhanak. Do not make my work even hard”

He was already tensed of how everyone would react and how he would handle it. But the most dangerous was Tejas, who would not sit ideal. He had eyed Jhanak for a long time and now that Jhanak slipped from his hand, he will not sit still. Ani can, in no way let his such big effort be futile.

“Sir ji… this marriage is fake and we'll both forget, it ever happened. We should not tell this to anyone.. We will keep it to us. After a few days I will move out to another town and disappear from your life. You can then marry Arshi Di and settle in your life. It was just an event and it should not affect your future with Arshi Di”

Jhanak was speaking one sided with Ani busy ignoring her and talking with Taxi driver.

They settled in the taxi and Ani placed an ear piece on “You can watch the city. It is a new city for you, explore”

And with ear pieces on both ears, he turned to the other window “Explore the city.. In this situation?” Jhanak was so irritated, he did not understand her.

The taxi stopped in front of the Marriage Registration Office. Jhanak looked confused

“Why are we here sir ji”

“Jhanak, marriage need to be registered”

“Per.. yeh jhooti shadi kyun register kerni, sir ji”

“It’s important for the same reason we had to get married. Tejas can pull any trick to invalidate the marriage and take you with him. Do you really want to go with him? You know very well what he will do with you, right?”

“But then you will have problem when you come to get your marriage register with Arshi Di”

Anirudh turned and took a deep breath to control his temper.

“You do not need to worry about Arshi and me. We know how to handle our situation. We will handle it. You just focus on your safety for now and let me help you” he had to be stern with her so that she stops being a hurdle in his helping her.

They signed the papers and the marriage was registered. Anirudh kept the document with himself

“Now, forget about this document”

“Haan… toh main kyun yaad rakhungi.. I am already telling you to forget about this marriage”

“Hmm… let’s go” he subtly dismissed her and quietly settled in the taxi for his home.

At Basu’s

Arshi was pacing, tapping her phone in her hand

“Why is Ani not picking the phone” she was worried like others

“And on the other side, that girl, Jhanak has disappeared. Bhai Sahab said villagers are denying to disclose where she is”

“Mom… here, we are all about Ani. Why are you worried about Jhanak at this moment”

“Ani never does this. He always makes sure to keep connected” said worried Tanuja

“That is my Point Tanuja Ji and Arshi… since Urvashi’s suicide, Ani is not connecting”

“Mom. What is Ani’s connection with Jhanak? I am already worried for Ani, you do not confuse me”

“Ani was a little too concerned for Jhanak and Urvasi before we left. I doubt is Ani and Jhanak’s disappearance connected”

“Shristi Ji, Ani is helpful you know… But that girl, you said, was kind of a maid in your house, right?”

“Not like, those mother -daughter duo were the maids in bhaisaheb house”

“Then why will Ani get involved in that girl’s disappearance. He must have got stuck in something. I am so worried for Ani”

“I hope so Tanuja ji. I really hope what I am saying is not the truth. Ani's concern for that girl has confused me.”

“Arshi, you keep trying his number” suggested Bipasa

“I am Bipasa Bhabhi… first it was unreachable, now it’s switched off… I am very worried”

Thus Basu’s were restlessly pacing in the hall of ‘The Basu’s’ when the taxi stopped outside the main gate.

Please do like and comment. Let me know your views on the progress.

smiley31

Edited by tellyme - 7 months ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

tellyme thumbnail

Chapter 3 above - tagging more

Anusha16 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Will read and let you know about my thoughts! Thanks for the story Anju ji! Excited to read!

Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I read Chapter 3 when you posted yesterday, but couldn't post a comment until now - apologies for that!!

I LOVED that update! I love that Ani is thinking this as a real wedding even when Jhanak does not consider this as one. Love that their marriage is registered now, and cannot wait to read what is in store for RuNak in your story!!

Update soon!

Anusha16 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Anusha16

Will read and let you know about my thoughts! Thanks for the story, Anu ji! Excited to read!

Finally got some time to penn down my thoughts!

First of all, I am pleasantly surprised that I like the initial good-natured, simple Ani (unlike the lying manipulating idiot nowadays) that is being explored nicely here: with him taking responsibility for the marriage, staying true to it, and firmly accepting the task of convincing the love of his life and his family.

The cute husband-wife dynamics here are quite separate from the show: Ani's the more mature, sorted fellow who is not only a companion but also a guide to the naive Jhanak!

Finally, Jhanak is not as annoying here lol! She comes from a place of genuine concern, feeling like a usurper. Her insisting that the marriage should be fake here in this story reflects her thought process of " Jo mera nahi hai, mujhe usse cheen ne ka koi shauk nahi hai" from the promo. She still respects Arshi for her relation, craft, and talent and wants the best for her! They could have been such a good pair of sisters. Shows that dialogue is framed and the way they are portrayed can make or break the characters! Thanks for such good writing, Anu ji! Cannot praise you enough! No drama, no soft pron, just pure quality!

I aspire to write like you one day! smiley42

I hope that Mukherjees and Basus here are more sensible in their hate! One of the things that always ticks me off is irrational hate irl and hope Arshi is above that!

tellyme thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mridzy

I read Chapter 3 when you posted yesterday, but couldn't post a comment until now - apologies for that!!

I LOVED that update! I love that Ani is thinking this as a real wedding even when Jhanak does not consider this as one. Love that their marriage is registered now, and cannot wait to read what is in store for RuNak in your story!!

Update soon!

Thanks Mridzy for liking the progress.. yes this story will explore their chemistry with Ani being onboard and Jhanak not, conflicting situation that they are in and how they keep trying the reverse ...
tellyme thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anusha16

Finally got some time to penn down my thoughts!

First of all, I am pleasantly surprised that I like the initial good-natured, simple Ani (unlike the lying manipulating idiot nowadays) that is being explored nicely here: with him taking responsibility for the marriage, staying true to it, and firmly accepting the task of convincing the love of his life and his family.

The cute husband-wife dynamics here are quite separate from the show: Ani's the more mature, sorted fellow who is not only a companion but also a guide to the naive Jhanak!

Finally, Jhanak is not as annoying here lol! She comes from a place of genuine concern, feeling like a usurper. Her insisting that the marriage should be fake here in this story reflects her thought process of " Jo mera nahi hai, mujhe usse cheen ne ka koi shauk nahi hai" from the promo. She still respects Arshi for her relation, craft, and talent and wants the best for her! They could have been such a good pair of sisters. Shows that dialogue is framed and the way they are portrayed can make or break the characters! Thanks for such good writing, Anu ji! Cannot praise you enough! No drama, no soft pron, just pure quality!

I aspire to write like you one day! smiley42

I hope that Mukherjees and Basus here are more sensible in their hate! One of the things that always ticks me off is irrational hate irl and hope Arshi is above that!

Thanks Anusha ji for your wonderful comment. smiley31

@Blue - means a lot. I am loving everyone's writing here... the best part we get inspired by each other.smiley1

@bold - Yes that is what I will try to stick with, which will slowly change only when she knows that what if it is not anyone else's.

tellyme thumbnail

Wrong post

Edited by tellyme - 7 months ago
tellyme thumbnail

Originally posted by: vimeo

Lovely! Keep it going!!

Thank You smiley31.

Would like to read your view on progress.

tellyme thumbnail

Originally posted by: Paulaonohi

Love it! Please keep going!

Hi Thank-you smiley31

Keep reading and let me know your feedback on progress