Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Palak2812 thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

The expectations had been for a much higher income...I suppose that people get tired of propaganda movies...

The vital issues in India have nothing to do with Pakistan, Muslims, Congress etc. they are quite basic... and the government with the thousand & thousand of crores have changed almost nothing during two governmental periods...(not only imo)... it even worsened.

All these are major issues in India. 

You yourself said you don't live in India, so u definitely don't know the ground reality and what all problems are there. 

India has changed a lot in better way just bcoz some doesn't want to believe it, it won't change the fact we are doing better and finally a govt is fullfiling what they promised while they asked for votes. 

This movie is about 370 which was a very big deal, so movie is made. It won't change much as people already have seen so much changes that's why Rahul Gandhi himself went to Kashmir for vacation without worrying about getting killed, which wasn't happening in last many years. 

KJasoosChulbulP thumbnail

Originally posted by: Palak2812

All these are major issues in India. 

You yourself said you don't live in India, so u definitely don't know the ground reality and what all problems are there. 

India has changed a lot in better way just bcoz some doesn't want to believe it, it won't change the fact we are doing better and finally a govt is fullfiling what they promised while they asked for votes. 

This movie is about 370 which was a very big deal, so movie is made. It won't change much as people already have seen so much changes that's why Rahul Gandhi himself went to Kashmir for vacation without worrying about getting killed, which wasn't happening in last many years. 

Behen. It makes little sense to argue with some people esp people that ..

1. they haven’t seen the movie 

2. Haven’t even been to India 

3. Don’t know what’s happening in J&K and anywhere else 

4. Ignored statements even by J&K separatist leaders that acknowledge that the state is more peaceful and they are seeing more development etc. 

I can go on but you get my point. and the movie is so well done. Doesn’t insulge or stray towards propaganda even tho it could have been v tempting. Zumi is made a central character and powerful performance she delivers :). 

I don’t blame them either. Sitting in some place in the world where their own countries are almost bankrupt / can’t form governments etc vs Indias tremendous progress is hard to digest 🍾🍾🍾. 

Edited by KJasoosChulbulP - 3 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

You're right, Palak, I don't live in India (although I had been several times in India - not as a tourist, btw.) ... I may know more about some "ground reality" as certain members with a negative opinion about me...

However, that wasn't my point.

Yes, I haven't watched the movie yet (lack of possibility), but I'll do (when getting streamed) as it seems to show the time that lead to the (long planned) changing of J & K' s status. 

So, I didn't want to discuss the movie but the response to the movie.

Day 1 [1st Friday]              ₹ 5.9 Cr 
Day 2 [1st Saturday]          ₹ 7.4 Cr
Day 3 [1st Sunday]           ₹ 9.6 Cr
Day 4 [1st Monday]           ₹ 3.25 Cr
Day 5 [1st Tuesday]         ₹ 3.3 Cr
Day 6 [1st Wednesday]   ₹ 3.15 Cr

Clochette thumbnail

As for all those who argue one has to live in a country to know certain things then I only can answer: 

"What about all the people with roots from the Indian subcontinent who live in Western countries, Africa and Australia...they know also enough to discuss things, right? Only because I'm a white European with only language-knowledge in German, English, French and Spanish, I would not be able to inform myself about what's going on in other parts of the world? What kind of petty and backward mindset is that?"

And to those who accuse me of not seeing the change in India...well...smiley36 smiley16

Edited by Clochette - 3 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: snatch

hindus. we are very liberal we consider other religions just like ours but then we realised others want to make india the nation of a particular religion which we are worried about and we wont allow.

You're right that the Hindu religious concept is quite liberal/tolerant (as are also certain other religious concepts), but that - generally - doesn't make the humans practise these liberal/tolerant concepts also in a liberal and tolerant way...

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

You're right, Palak, I don't live in India (although I had been several times in India - not as a tourist, btw.) ... I may know more about some "ground reality" as certain members with a negative opinion about me...

However, that wasn't my point.

Yes, I haven't watched the movie yet (lack of possibility), but I'll do (when getting streamed) as it seems to show the time that lead to the (long planned) changing of J & K' s status. 

So, I didn't want to discuss the movie but the response to the movie.

Day 1 [1st Friday]              ₹ 5.9 Cr 
Day 2 [1st Saturday]          ₹ 7.4 Cr
Day 3 [1st Sunday]           ₹ 9.6 Cr
Day 4 [1st Monday]           ₹ 3.25 Cr
Day 5 [1st Tuesday]         ₹ 3.3 Cr
Day 6 [1st Wednesday]   ₹ 3.15 Cr

The net income is movie (not even gross) is already twice the budget in which the movie was made and not to forget the movie still has at least one week of runtime, its already a superhit

About propaganda, not even a single thing can be added into that list

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

As for all those who argue one has to live in a country to know certain things then I only can answer: 

"What about all the people with roots from the Indian subcontinent who live in Western countries, Africa and Australia...they know also enough to discuss things, right? Only because I'm a white European with only language-knowledge in German, English, French and Spanish, I would not be able to inform myself about what's going on in other parts of the world? What kind of petty and backward mindset is that?"

And to those who accuse me of not seeing the change in India...well...smiley36 smiley16

You can be informed about what is happening anywhere, but for that you first need to learn and then comment

You are commenting about a movie without even having watched it

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

You can be informed about what is happening anywhere, but for that you first need to learn and then comment

You are commenting about a movie without even having watched it

No, I don't comment about the content...and I'm quite honest and not pretending that I've watched it...

Edit: How do you know that the budget is what is given as official number???

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

No, I don't comment about the content...and I'm quite honest and not pretending that I've watched it...

Edit: How do you know that the budget is what is given as official number???

How else do we know the budget? I mean what r the unofficial means