Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 6 months ago

IMG_2751.jpeg

IMG_2750.jpegShe got popular meaning peoples choice by voters and rani got critics IMG_2749.jpeg

Edited by wat_up - 6 months ago

Originally posted by: wat_up

IMG_2751.jpeg

IMG_2750.jpegShe got popular meaning peoples choice by voters and rani got critics IMG_2749.jpeg

yayyyy Kiarra got that z in her hand and that by the viewers as she got peoples choice.!! Meaning by votes. I still say these awards ridiculous but I like that she can put it in her mantle.
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: NoraSM

It wasn't a regular award show but an event where tickets were sold on Bookmyshow.

Ticket prices were from 3000 to 100k

After selling tickets in his name, how can they afford not giving the audience what they want? Stadium was full of SRK fans

Zee Cine Awards are always invitees plus paying audience (since at least 15 years)...they are well staged shows with intense rehearsals of the engaged stars with the dancers' groups.

The (HIndi) filmindustry has a knack for celebrating itself but also entertaining the audience...it's their kind of extravaganza...and I like it (when well made)... the ambiance at the venue is great...when SRK is 'part of the parcel' smiley1 (and it is a treat to watch him rehearse).

Even Filmfare does sell tickets, no?

bold: Absolutely...however, he and the movies deserved the awards...the promotion of the show was because of and according to the various performances on stage...

Edited by Clochette - 6 months ago

Originally posted by: MrChatVsNorway

omg I thought that battle was sealed years ago .. Rani thrashed Preity fair and square .. she was a terribly stiff actress who just flashed her dimpled smile to cover up for her shortcomings and fooled the dumb Indian audience . I remember how she sucked in veer Zara trying hard to play the yrf Indian heroine when clearly she has western sensibilities.. her range is thinner than a teaspoon .. in what world Preity deserves more awards than Rani ? Ofcourse you can like her but Preity is not even close to Rani’s league . I was aise hi taking panga with you . You are frigging Preity and Kiara fan . Such lightweights .

I like other many others actresses over the years too such as tabu, raveena, Sushmita, Kareena, Shraddha, Katrina. And in new gen Alia and Kiarra presently but Kiarra a little more. Anyways on this note here’s a pic with whom u like n I like. IMG_2749.jpeg

Clochette thumbnail

Jess, Zee Cine Awards are similar to Filmfare:

It's helmed by a media outlet with a voting by public and a voting by a jury (on their website one always gets the needed information about the voting process and who is in the jury...so, it is quite transparent).

What I always liked about Filmfare and Zee Cine is the fact that they don't use words that gives them meaning beyond the filmindustry they celebrate. To me, it always had been more about celebrating themselves and entertaining the public than serious awarding...it's also a tool to earn money...

Originally posted by: Clochette

Jess, Zee Cine Awards are similar to Filmfare:

It's helmed by a media outlet with a voting by public and a voting by a jury (on their website one always gets the needed information about the voting process and who is in the jury...so, it is quite transparent).

What I always liked about Filmfare and Zee Cine is the fact that they don't use words that gives them meaning beyond the filmindustry they celebrate. To me, it always had been more about celebrating themselves and entertaining the public than serious awarding...it's also a tool to earn money...

I think the one kiarra got is by viewers mainly. Salman as won many times in popular at this award so I know Zee how they are and there voting process. There is other one but I don’t think they do shows it was screen awards they were like golden globes and jitesh one was to be like the Oscar’s.
oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Which award they got

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

IMG_2751.jpeg

what did Adah win ?
Clochette thumbnail

There also had been the Apsara Awards (the Producers Guild Film Awards) and yes, the Screen Awards (also from a media outlet, the magazine Screen). Then there are the Mirchi Awards (from Radio Mirchi)...and many more...the Hindi filmindustry loves/loved those functions...but some vanished because of lack of money...

Then there are (were?) the - ambitious - IIFA (= the International Indian Film Academy) Awards with a fancy name as they are neither International nor Indian but Hindi ones celebrated in countries abroad. They were great extravaganzas...but also lost their prestige...and - I guess - the financial support.

The South Indian filmindustry also has (their own) Award functions.

Looking - e.g. - at SRK's Wikipedia listing of all his awards and nominations, one encounters a lot of names which popped up and vanished...founded to earn money through the events (or to save taxes or for money laundry)...

Edited by Clochette - 6 months ago