Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: JordyNite

Well that's one way to get British citizenship.

I don’t think you can get British citizenship just being born there

That’s true for USA anyone born in the states is a US citizen

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: liberiangirl

The parents got to be British or have a settled status for the child to get citizenship by birth. Both Anushka and Virat have Indian citizenship. So nope, the child is NOT gonna get British Citizenship just because of being born there.

Really? smiley3
I thought giving birth abroad automatically gives birth country citizenship to the child like USA, Canada irrespective of parents being immigrants..
So, some countries like UK, parents have to citizen to get citizenship for child..

Edited by Swetha-Sai - 7 months ago
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I guess pre digital era was the best when you wouldn't know celeb became mummy papa until baby popped out smiley36

Outlander22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Whats the point of going to all this lenght for privacy when every single detail of their pregnancy is out in open.

they either need to surround themselves with better people who can keep their secrets or give out information on their own so that they can still control what gets out.

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 6

Pregnancy is a delicate time. We don't need to know these details. Let them have their peace.

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JordyNite

Nope. I am from the UK. If your child is born in the UK, it will become a British citizen by birth.

Has anyone seen her pregnant by the way ?

Not true.

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

A child won’t get a British citizenship even if born in Britain, if parents are not British . Here, both Virat and Anushka are Indian citizens.

Different scenario- Alia Bhatt is born and brought up and has lived in Mumbai, India all her life still she has chosen British citizenship coz her mom is British. India doesn’t allow for dual citizenship so even though Alia was eligible to get Indian citizenship her parents preferred Britain.

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

I’m sure there’s a valid reason they’ve tried to keep it under wraps. Whether that’s complications or nazar, who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️ but she was spotted by a friend a few weeks ago brunching in London looking heavily pregnant so don’t think she just flew out now.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Joannna

A child won’t get a British citizenship even if born in Britain, if parents are not British . Here, both Virat and Anushka are Indian citizens.

Different scenario- Alia Bhatt is born and brought up and has lived in Mumbai, India all her life still she has chosen British citizenship coz her mom is British. India doesn’t allow for dual citizenship so even though Alia was eligible to get Indian citizenship her parents preferred Britain.

How do immigrants become citizens in UK? smiley24 Is there a way to gain citizenship?