Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

You know what? I think it happened. I don’t trust the writer who had no control over the story and whatever she wrote was Badar’s vision anyway. I mean she said it was Zaid’s story but gave him no lines???

But then Badar’s vision doesn’t support a consummation either na. He or the writer gave him the line that “Mohabbat nahi ker sakoon ga main” to MJ. Then his distance and aloofness when she confesses to him. The immediate and convenient lack of trust the moment they come back. The veiled threats, “Sab ko barbaad ker doon ga. Sab ko..” Him still siding with ONLY Ayra “Ayra ke ilaawa Mujhe Sab pe doubt hai.”

I think the most accurate depiction was the last memory of MJ - the heels wala scene. She’s confessing and romancing , he’s not making eye contact, really distant and cold. His kindness and politeness is there but there’s no reciprocation. When he supports her, she’s taken aback but his reaction is normal/flat. That scene is really well performed and kind of bittersweet. Added to the tragedy of MJ for me.

Their relationship was still in its infant stage of trust building before things went to hell. But yes the comfort was building between them and Zaid had let go of his previous harsh judgement of her to some extent. Hence the comfort in the rain scene. Which he regretted the moment he came back 🤦🏻‍♀️ Even in the last scene of them you can see he still doesn’t trust her. Despite her bringing her walls completely down.

I would go with this headcanon but it would completely destroy both their arcs for me so I just can’t 😂😂😂 In my head it would make Zaid even more of a jerk to both women than he was already. Not to mention out of character - his loyalty to Ayra despite their problems was pretty constant and sincere. And it would also mean rewarding MJ for manipulating the trust building between them instead of being real and honest with him. And I can’t 😭 Because ultimately, she did betray him.

If I have to make a headcanon it would probably be changing the entire arc of MJ post Turkey 😭 The redemption, growth and honesty I wanted to see but I never got. Her drawing the line somewhere. Fighting for what’s true, helping bring Rayyan down instead of covering for him. So much could have been done 😤 I’ll forever stay mad about that. To have a character like MJ and not use her and show this kind of growth was a crime. She stayed insecure about societal pressures and what Zaid might do to her till the end 😡

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago

Originally posted by: tgota92

But then Badar’s vision doesn’t support a consummation either na. He or the writer gave him the line that “Mohabbat nahi ker sakoon ha main” to MJ. Then his distance and aloofness when she confesses to him. The immediate and convenient lack of trust the moment they come back. The veiled threats, “Sab ko barbaad ker doon ga. Sab ko..” Him still siding with ONLY Ayra “Ayra ke ilaawa Mujhe Sab pe doubt hai.”

I think the most accurate depiction was the last memory of MJ - the heels wala scene. She’s confessing and romancing , he’s not making eye contact, really distant and cold. His kindness and politeness is there but there’s no reciprocation. When he supports her, she’s taken aback but his reaction is normal/flat. That scene is really well performed and kind of bittersweet. Added to the tragedy of MJ for me.

Their relationship was still in its infant stage of trust building before things went to hell. But yes the comfort was building between them and Zaid had let go of his previous harsh judgement of her to some extent. Hence the comfort in the rain scene. Which he regretted the moment he came back 🤦🏻‍♀️ Even in the last scene of them you can see he still doesn’t trust her. Despite her bringing her walls completely down.

I would go with this headcanon but it would completely destroy both their arcs for me so I just can’t 😂😂😂 In my head it would make Zaid even more of a jerk to both women than he was already. Not to mention out of character - his loyalty to Ayra despite their problems was pretty constant and sincere. And it would also mean rewarding MJ for manipulating the trust building between them instead of being real and honest with him. And I can’t 😭 Because ultimately, she did betray him.

If I have to make a headcanon it would probably be changing the entire arc of MJ post Turkey 😭 The redemption, growth and honesty I wanted to see but I never got. Her drawing the line somewhere. Fighting for what’s true, helping bring Rayyan down instead of covering for him. So much could have been done 😤 I’ll forever stay mad about that. To have a character like MJ and not use her and show this kind of growth was a crime. She stayed insecure about societal pressures and what Zaid might do to her till the end 😡

I think both of us will always be bitter about what they did to MJ's character.What a disappointment!

Originally posted by: G259

I think both of us will always be bitter about what they did to MJ's character.What a disappointment!

ugh. The way I wanted to like MJ ! I really did. Ayeza brought so many nuances to the role towards the end. And the potential for MJ’s growth was definitely there. It was a writing choice to keep her stagnant.

The whole Ayra Rayyan thing was tolerable only so I could see how this would change MJ and help her come out of her shell and prove her selflessness for once. I was waiting for it. And it didn’t happen 😭

Villain stayed a villain till the end. With one minor change. That she fell in love lol. But sadly, even love couldn’t give her the courage to grow from her insecurities and ultimately she chose herself over Zaid. What a weak, tragic way to end her story 🥴

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

You know what? I think it happened. I don’t trust the writer who had no control over the story and whatever she wrote was Badar’s vision anyway. I mean she said it was Zaid’s story but gave him no lines???

In the same episode where amna clarified that they haven't consummated, hassan said that he verified with someone from the team and according to the info given to him by them mubashira and zaid had consummated their marriage(and since we watched the show according to badars vision, they might have)

Edited by Rashi23 - 7 months ago

Nah Hassan didn’t fight Amina on this at all. He probably talked to someone minor who was still playing along with the marketing strategy of the show. Had it been Badar, Hassan wouldn’t have hidden it. That would have been too big not to disclose.

Not to mention even Zanjabeel disclosed it after some hesitation and only because the episode had already aired and the ratings were in 😂 Otherwise she would have played along too lol - keh let them think what they want 🥴

audience was a joke to the Mein team lol

Originally posted by: Rashi23

In the same episode where amna clarified that they haven't consummated, hassan said that he verified with someone from the team and according to the info given to him by them mubashira and zaid had consummated their marriage(and since we watched the show according to badars vision, they might have)

It's anyway very open ended. Left to viewers imagination. My gut says they did it seeing how PTV works. He asks her to sit with him, he stared at her looking mesmerised, they were very comfortable, he was taking her out, he smiled when she says she will choose his clothes..You don't have to be in LOVE LOVE to consummate

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

But then Badar’s vision doesn’t support a consummation either na. He or the writer gave him the line that “Mohabbat nahi ker sakoon ga main” to MJ. Then his distance and aloofness when she confesses to him. The immediate and convenient lack of trust the moment they come back. The veiled threats, “Sab ko barbaad ker doon ga. Sab ko..” Him still siding with ONLY Ayra “Ayra ke ilaawa Mujhe Sab pe doubt hai.”

I agree that they were in the infant stages of building trust. I still think they could have done the deed. Zaid was growing more fond of her and she is his wife, they are 2 willing adults so I don’t think that would make him bad. Their comfortability during the rain scene made it seem like something happened. Of course I don’t know for sure but I’m not going to believe that nothing happened because of what Zanjabeel said. She had no control over the story.

Zaid felt very guilty after he coming back and hearing about everything that happened to Ayra. Maybe he did take the relationship further and is feeling bad about it. It could have still happened during the trust building phase. I was upset at Zaid at first for blaming MJ but then MJ showed no empathy towards Ayra. It kind of proved that she could never change in some ways and lost Zaid because of it .I think it was even sadder because there was potential.

I think the makers didn’t know how to end this themselves and that’s why we see that both narratives could have happened. Plus we never really get Zaid’s perspective in the end so it’s hard to figure out what he actually feels for MJ.

I also agree with you about that tripping scene that MJ reminisces about. She seemed in love but he wasn’t reciprocating but rather was a total gentleman. Maybe that happened before the pool scene? Personally I feel they threw in a lot of those scenes without knowing the ending so it becomes confusing. Again without Zaid’s perspective, it gets even more confusing.

Forget zanjabeel. For me it also comes down simply to Zaid’s character and his level of commitment to Ayra. In no universe do I see him betraying her like that iykwim. Even if MJ is his wife. He’s petty yes, and he and Ayra have their issues, but commitment from him to her is indisputable for me. And that’s exactly what the writer said: that he won’t be disloyal like that.

This isn’t the first time a man has had two wives in a Pakistani show. And mostly he’s shown to be loyal to one woman at a time. It’s when one gets out of the picture/dies, that the writing has him sleep with another person. But two people simultaneously? Never. It’s icky even for Pakistani tv. Hero is a one woman man.

The guilt is there at first because he ditched Ayra. Then he’s pissed that she’s not picking up. Perhaps that helps him not feel guilty about warming up to MJ as well. But sleeping with someone is a HUGE step. Huge. And their relationship was not at that level yet at all. Neither is he going to betray Ayra like that. The guilt he feels when he gets back is because he assumed she’s not picking up because she’s ignoring him (partly true), was mad at her, but he’s found out that she was locked in her room for three days and harassed. All in his absence. He owns up to that guilt in front of MJ later. And accuses her for giving Ayra a hard time too. His level of spite and pettiness with MJ is not someone who’s slept with her. He’s back to old Zaid.

To each their own but this aspect of the show is not open ended for me. At no place did I get a consummation vibe. He even gets a viral infection, is sick to cement this. Yes, Pakistani shows are subtle but they’re not this unclear. It’s always clear when it happens. Him being nice to her for two seconds doesn’t mean they had sex.

It also confuses me why this is even a wanted scenario, even shipping wise or headcanon wise. If he slept with her and treated her like crap a day later, how is this a good thing? It’s even grosser and meaner.

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Forget zanjabeel. For me it also comes down simply to Zaid’s character and his level of commitment to Ayra. In no universe do I see him betraying her like that iykwim. Even if MJ is his wife. He’s petty yes, and he and Ayra have their issues, but commitment from him to her is indisputable for me. And that’s exactly what the writer said: that he won’t be disloyal like that.

This isn’t the first time a man has had two wives in a Pakistani show. And mostly he’s shown to be loyal to one woman at a time. It’s when one gets out of the picture/dies, that the writing has him sleep with another person. But two people simultaneously? Never. It’s icky even for Pakistani tv. Hero is a one woman man.

The guilt is there at first because he ditched Ayra. Then he’s pissed that she’s not picking up. Perhaps that helps him not feel guilty about warming up to MJ as well. But sleeping with someone is a HUGE step. Huge. And their relationship was not at that level yet at all. Neither is he going to betray Ayra like that. The guilt he feels when he gets back is because he assumed she’s not picking up because she’s ignoring him (partly true), was mad at her, but he’s found out that she was locked in her room for three days and harassed. All in his absence. He owns up to that guilt in front of MJ later. And accuses her for giving Ayra a hard time too. His level of spite and pettiness with MJ is not someone who’s slept with her. He’s back to old Zaid.

To each their own but this aspect of the show is not open ended for me. At no place did I get a consummation vibe. He even gets a viral infection, is sick to cement this. Yes, Pakistani shows are subtle but they’re not this unclear. It’s always clear when it happens. Him being nice to her for two seconds doesn’t mean they had sex.

It also confuses me why this is even a wanted scenario, even shipping wise or headcanon wise. If he slept with her and treated her like crap a day later, how is this a good thing? It’s even grosser and meaner.

I see what you’re saying. See I find the whole concept of 2 wives and sleeping with them simultaneously gross but it’s also so unrealistic to be that close, him warming up to her and then have nothing happen. It’s not like he used her to get her in bed. There were some real feelings emerging there (whatever they may have been). It’s not like he’s cheating on Ayra who accepted that he already had a wife when she agreed to the Nikkah. When he came back and heard what happened to Ayra, he snapped back to reality and realized that he can’t trust anyone and he’s being manipulated by all (accept Ayra in his opinion).

The only scene that made me think that maybe something happened was the rain scene. She kind of snuggled up close him and he didn’t hesitate. He smiled at her. They seemed comfortable.

All in all, I hate the 2 wives trope. It’s so messy and the show proved it. If anything, it’s at least a message that it doesn’t work. He couldn’t even maintain one relationship in the end.