Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 months ago

Wahaj’s best photoshoot was with the Russian model IMO It was so bold and I doubt we can see a photoshoot like these with any of the PTV actresses smiley36https://youtu.be/EYeQ65iY74U?si=jebnA6SnwQXDVIJG

WhimsicalMind thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Originally posted by: Rashi23

You me and SwatiSingh79 should open a club as all 3 of us like wahaj but aren't interested in yumnasmiley36

That's correct

But characters> actors

Edited by SwatiSingh79 - 7 months ago
hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Wahaj’s best photoshoot was with the Russian model IMO It was so bold and I doubt we can see a photoshoot like these with any of the PTV actresses smiley36https://youtu.be/EYeQ65iY74U?si=jebnA6SnwQXDVIJG

PTV actresses have done bold shoots before. If you are talking models then we have seen a lot more risque stuff. Some ptv PS that caused some stir:

Saba Qamar, Sajal Ali

bod1.JPG

Iman Ali, Mehwish Hayat

bod2.JPG

Maya Ali, Amna Ilyas, Syra

bod3.JPG

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

PTV actresses have done bold shoots before. If you are talking models then we have seen a lot more risque stuff. Some ptv PS that caused some stir:

Saba Qamar, Sajal Ali

bod1.JPG

Iman Ali, Mehwish Hayat

bod2.JPG

Maya Ali, Amna Ilyas, Syra

bod3.JPG

Why such an uproar when Wahaj did it then?

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

Why such an uproar when Wahaj did it then?

There wouldn’t have been if he wasn’t so relevant these days. People would have glanced once and moved on. It’s mostly the ladies that face the brunt of the judgement and not the men anyway. Wahaj is just super relevant these days so everyone notices every teeny tiny thing he does - the public , the channels, the critics , everyone 🤷‍♀️

PTV does pretty scandalous PS too every now and then. The most recent one I’ve seen is of Talha and Mehwish Hayat. But I loved it 😍

I liked this one of Wahaj’s too. Not super amazing for me but better than the same run of the mill shoots. But he IS a total prop in this though 😂 the only clothes being sold are the one the other model is wearing haha. At least in the others, his modeling has a purpose 🤭 And call me biased but actresses deliver better expressions during shoots so I’m definitely biased when it comes to shoots with models versus actors. If there’s a story to the shoot, definitely an actor does the job better. Models totally dud any story in the shoot for me. Even in this one wahaj is delivering a lot but the model, despite being gorgeous, is just… there.

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago
hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: tgota92

PTV does pretty scandalous PS too every now and then. The most recent one I’ve seen is of Talha and Mehwish Hayat. But I loved it 😍

I liked this one of Wahaj’s too. Not super amazing for me but better than the same run of the mill shoots. But he IS a total prop in this though 😂 the only clothes being sold are the one the other model is wearing haha. At least in the others, his modeling has a purpose 🤭 And call me biased but actresses deliver better expressions during shoots so I’m definitely biased when it comes to shoots with models versus actors. If there’s a story to the shoot, definitely an actor does the job better. Models totally dud any story in the shoot for me. Even in this one wahaj is delivering a lot but the model, despite being gorgeous, is just… there.

It's not that uncommon to have men in Pak PS / ad campaigns where female products are sold.

Two of the better PS in recent years - one by Asim Jofa and one by Sana Safinaz - the men's clothes in the PS were not sold by the brands. In fact, Sana Safinaz is a top Pak brand and has the best PS in the industry hands down - conceptual and artistic and high production quality. They have males in most of their PS but they don't sell menswear. The upcoming PS with Ayeza and Shehzad Noor by Mahiymaan which looks really good and has a safari kind of theme - the brand does not sell menswear.

Only people who do not have much familiarity with the different types of Pak PS or are used to more catalogue type modeling will be surprised by seeing men in PS selling female products. As a fact check, in the case of Wahaj, Mushq and ZS were the only brands which did not have a menswear line but all other brands he modeled for do have a men's line. But both brands have used males in their PS before. For instance, the Sajal-Ahad PS in 2020 was ZS. Mushq did one with Sonam Bajwa and Ahsan Khan just now. None of the men's clothes used in these PS by these brands were on sale but no one complained why Ahad or Ahsan were there.

P.S. As a bonus, the Sana Safinaz PS I linked below also features Asif Uncle - so there's a more direct link to this DT.

https://youtu.be/oEpD2DCreDo?si=wPVZ4pjN1JotcQ6U

https://youtu.be/aoYrRk0fUZc?si=rlsGThzwkcB7PFVH

Edited by hypnotoad - 7 months ago

Oh I’m aware. I just find it a bit absurd. That’s all. You’re not actually promoting clothes but getting paid to be a prop basically. Any male model can be a prop. But I guess I expect actors to actually be some kind of selling point for a brand since they pay them the big bucks. If you want to pay someone a ridiculous amount of money, it makes sense for that someone to actually wear the brand. But that’s just me. This is obviously not on the actor but just on brands and their marketing strategies.

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago
unicornhugs thumbnail

Oh I’m aware. I just find it a bit absurd. That’s all. You’re not actually promoting clothes but getting paid to be a prop basically. Any male model can be a prop. But I guess I expect actors to actually be some kind of selling point for a brand since they pay them the big bucks. If you want to pay someone a ridiculous amount of money, it makes sense for that someone to actually wear the brand. But that’s just me. This is obviously not on the actor but just on brands and their marketing strategies.

From a marketing standpoint, it works. It garners attention and it does convert to sales. A male model wouldn’t grab as many eyeballs. They wouldn’t be paying the big bucks if it didn’t work.
unicornhugs thumbnail

There wouldn’t have been if he wasn’t so relevant these days. People would have glanced once and moved on. It’s mostly the ladies that face the brunt of the judgement and not the men anyway. Wahaj is just super relevant these days so everyone notices every teeny tiny thing he does - the public , the channels, the critics , everyone 🤷‍♀️

Yes, it’s the fact that he is so relevant and that each of his projects gets so much attention that everything gets picked apart and scrutinized.