Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Let's stop pretending JeJ is some prestige show intended for elite audiences and critics. this is not a kp or some manto-level writing which explores the complexities and nuances of love and human relationships. JeJ was designed to get ratings: the filmi romance. the saazishi saas. the evil bhai and his gandi nazar on a gaon ki gori. the faux krq dialogbazi. this is max filmi masala at its finest. this is beta with better frames and less dhak dhak. just because it is not getting the kind of popular appreciation you want, let's not pretend that this is some deep artsy fartsy show.

If the issue is people like toxic heroes, why is IM getting the ratings it is. FB is a teddy bear. The top-rated drama in PTV history MPTH had Danish who was mazloom pro max. Let's also look at other big hits of last 2 years that are not KTK or TB. Hamza in MH was not necessarily toxic. Nor was Parizaad.

I am not saying that shows with green flag MLs don't get popularity.But the other ones are def more in numbers.Isn't Bilal playing a double role in IM?I am sorry but the guy constantly lies to the girl.How is it a good show?KRQ's shows are mostly reflection of his own mentality.It is just that he has poetic lines and all that stuff which impresses the audience.JEJ does have a typical plot.Infact it is a run of the mill show but has very old school touch to it which is not everyone's cup of tea.It is getting good ratings.The only thing it isn't getting is views.
Edited by G259 - 7 months ago

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

I had started watching JBG but it didn't interest me. Not a bengali. I am Indian but I felt the bengali accent was kind of off & it in general didn't interest me. Felt like they were just portraying Bengalis as the villains..

I don't know if they tried to learn a bit of Bengali for the show.Not saying it is necessary but they wouldn't obviously get it right since it isn't their mother tongue unless they put effort in learning it.If the latter is true,it isn't surprising because as I said,the show is being made in Pakistan.This is the exact reason I won't watch it.

Wahaj actually revealed in an interview or something that he learned Bengali one on one from - guess who - his fandom in Bangladesh 🤯🫡

He literally went up to his Bengali fans and asked them if he’s doing it right and what he needs to do to improve it. I don’t think I’ve seen any actor do this from Pakistan before.

I personally didn’t mind the accent - it was a bit exaggerated - but overall Rumi worked for me. He was a great character with a lot of depth and conflicting emotions/ideals. Must have been an experience for him to play, and special too, since he got a lot of help on the dialect from actual fans.

As for the bias, of course that’s the case with any product based on war. The narrative changes based on what side it is, but this is actually adapted on the actual story of the character in the army played by Talha Chauhar. And personally for me, the joy of JBG is in its angsty love triangle for sure and the individual three character journeys. It’s made in a way that for me I could skip the battle and planning scenes and it didn’t take away from the story for me. My priorities for watching were different 😂 The three main characters were completely authentic amazing and the angst was so good.

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago

Originally posted by: tgota92

Wahaj actually revealed in an interview or something that he learned Bengali one on one from - guess who - his fandom in Bangladesh 🤯🫡

He literally went up to his Bengali fans and asked them if he’s doing it right and what he needs to do to improve it. I don’t think I’ve seen any actor do this from Pakistan before.

I personally didn’t mind the accent - it was a bit exaggerated - but overall Rumi worked for me. He was a great character with a lot of depth and conflicting emotions/ideals. Must have been an experience for him to play, and special too, since he got a lot of help on the dialect from actual fans.

If that is the case,it is good.Even if the accent isn't good,I won't mind because I know it isn't their mother tongue.The main issue with that show for me would be the historical inaccuracies as I have said before.So it is better for me to stay away I guess.

As for the bias, of course that’s the case with any product based on war. The narrative changes based on what side it is, but this is actually adapted on the actual story of the character in the army played by Talha Chauhar. And personally for me, the joy of JBG is in its angsty love triangle for sure and the individual three character journeys. It’s made in a way that for me I could skip the battle and planning scenes and it didn’t take away from the story for me. My priorities for watching were different 😂 The three main characters were completely authentic amazing and the angst was so good.

Yes,I know that it can depend on a person.If a person wants to watch it for the love story or just what the characters have to offer,he can choose to overlook those aspects.But I know that I won't be able to do it.

Honestly I can’t even talk about the inaccuracies because I do remember the footage shown was actual newspaper clippings from that time period, videos from that era. The migration, the chaos… there’s actual footage. But yes, the story IS from the pov of a Pakistani officer stationed in Bangladesh who was a POW. Who was later released. But like I said, I didn’t have to care about any of that to enjoy the story. Its a story that’s applicable to any war

For me the essence of the story is what happens to a happy family during war and how different everyone’s take on the war was etc etc. and in the middle of it you have this love triangle and OTHER kind of tension iykwim 😂 Even the lineage is symbolic here where Rumi (played by Wahaj) is Bangladeshi/East Pakistani, Talha who plays Farrukh is Pakistani/West Pakistani and the girl they’re both in love with (Soniya played by Maya) is half west Pakistani (from her moms side) and half east Pakistani (from her dads side) 😂😂😂

So whoever is tired of the same old Indian man falls for Pakistani girl trope in Bollywood can check this out. At least this was a bit different 😂

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

I must be in the minority bcz KAM doesn't interest me. I had watched little bit of first season & kind of bored me. 2nd season didn't watch. 3rd season I know what it was about. I found the concept very stupid. Why would the ml give baddua to the fl when she didn't even promise him anything.

Also I don't understand this dislike for Kadwani's son. Did he do something?

If he has opportunity he will take it na. I would do the same if I get any opportunity because of someone I know..

Waise I don't think they'll sign Wahaj for KAM bcz he is already doing SMD & TB2 is in pipeline.. If Wahaj does that, then it's going to be a delayed project. But yes, he should do if the character is nice

The 3rd season was complete bs, I mean just because the girl doesn't love him back he leaves everything and goes and sits at the holy shrinesmiley24and then at the end both die toh bhai mila kya ye sab bakwaas karkesmiley44bizarre concept but still had massive viewership on yt thanks to the brand and the ost..

Kaddu junior looks Ike feroze 2.0 and I haven't watched his work so I don't know whether he's a good actor or not.

True, kam4 might not happen in this year bcoz 7th sky wouldn't want any other bb show to be aired at the same time as tb so as to avoid diversion of attention...what I think is once tb 2 is done filming they might completely focus on kam4.

Abdullah Kadwani said during the Lux Style Awards that they couldn’t make both simultaneously because of logistics / cost etc. so it’ll definitely get on floors post TB 2 like you said.

As for Haroon Kadwani, his voice is super weird and I personally don’t find him good looking as such. Which I know is relative but like… I couldn’t care less about his casting. It’s fairly predictable to prop him up using their big brand show, but there are SO many great new faces which are a 100x better options. Haroon can’t guarantee a good pull anyway so it’ll depend on who they cast opposite him.

Honestly I can’t even talk about the inaccuracies because I do remember the footage shown was actual newspaper clippings from that time period, videos from that era. The migration, the chaos… there’s actual footage. But yes, the story IS from the pov of a Pakistani officer stationed in Bangladesh who was a POW. Who was later released. But like I said, I didn’t have to care about any of that to enjoy the story. Its a story that’s applicable to any war

For me the essence of the story is what happens to a happy family during war and how different everyone’s take on the war was etc etc. and in the middle of it you have this love triangle and OTHER kind of tension iykwim 😂 Even the lineage is symbolic here where Rumi (played by Wahaj) is Bangladeshi/East Pakistani, Talha who plays Farrukh is Pakistani/West Pakistani and the girl they’re both in love with (Soniya played by Maya) is half west Pakistani (from her moms side) and half east Pakistani (from her dads side) 😂😂😂

So whoever is tired of the same old Indian man falls for Pakistani girl trope in Bollywood can check this out. At least this was a bit different 😂

I would understand it easily when I watch because I am aware of the history.Anyways, that's fine.From a Bangladeshi perspective it would be different than a Pakistani one.Someone's hero is another one's villain.If a person is from neither of the two countries,he wouldn't really care.

Abdullah Kadwani said during the Lux Style Awards that they couldn’t make both simultaneously because of logistics / cost etc. so it’ll definitely get on floors post TB 2 like you said.

As for Haroon Kadwani, his voice is super weird and I personally don’t find him good looking as such. Which I know is relative but like… I couldn’t care less about his casting. It’s fairly predictable to prop him up using their big brand show, but there are SO many great new faces which are a 100x better options. Haroon can’t guarantee a good pull anyway so it’ll depend on who they cast opposite him.

Right, the profits earned from tb2 would be utilised for kam4 then😂

But if Haroon is doing the show then somebody in his league would have to be roped in to play the fl bcoz a list actress wouldn't star opposite him I guess?

So to cash on the brand I feel they should cast a listers only, feroze was once 7th sky's favourite boy and they casted him for kam3 and it became a bb so I don't know if smd and tb2 do well then kaddu uncle might take wahaj for kam4👉👈 I just want his other shows to also be bb show like tb so that he isn't known as one bb show actor only..

Btw what were your thoughts on the love triangle in jbg? Wahaj said rumi loved Sonia but we don't know whom she loved...