Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: G259

We cannot expect any person to badmouth his own country.There was a discussion going on about Jo Bichar Gaye here.I would never watch that show even if it is good because I know that it would have historical inaccuracies which I won't be able to stand.A Bangladeshi watching a movie like Khel Khel Mein or a show like Jo Bichar Gaye will never like it if he tries to think about the historical facts.I watched the trailer of KKM and it pissed me off but I do understand that them glorifying their own country is a given.

I had started watching JBG but it didn't interest me. Not a bengali. I am Indian but I felt the bengali accent was kind of off & it in general didn't interest me. Felt like they were just portraying Bengalis as the villains..

Originally posted by: Haalim

Okay I watched the part. It starts after 47 minutes. He didn't say anything against India particularly, it was more about the diplomatic ties. He did say we respect them & they respect us, also about the trade as well.

About minorities, he talked about what news channels show.

Exactly. He wasn't condescending at all. Also about secularism, there was truth to it. It's not about people it's about diplomatic/political views.

His wavelength won't match with Ayeza.As someone who has watched many IVs of Ayeza till date,I feel that way.I saw him being all smiles with Wahaj in the BTS which gave me vibes that they got along well.I am yet to watch the SH IV but have already watched the other one.Not much about Mein there.

They didn't ask about Ayeza so we can't know about his view na. They should have asked about Ayeza, then we would have..

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Danish Taimoor

So agree about JEJ! Haven't watched it yet but we cannot expect a show of that type to get massive views.Masala shows get massive views no matter whoever the actor is rather than old school romance ones.Hasn't Danish done green flag ML roles?He has! But which are his most popular ones?KTK and Ishq Hai and we all know why.

JEJ's storyline might not be unique but the aesthetic is super old school. It has a very poetic vibe to it. Now viewers unfortunately have shorter attention spans or want shows were every episode there are major twists and turns. Or they will sit through a slow burner kind of show only for their favourite actors.

Any masala project will do better than a slow burn show. Adding more names: Feroze (Khaani...KAM3 had more of his existing star power and the franchise name), Wahaj (Tere Bin), Faysal Qureshi (Badar Momin, Muqaddar, Fitoor).

There are exceptions:

Mere Humsafar's wasn't toxic initially but the hero's mother torturing Hala made it this Cinderella-like fairytale. Still at the end of the day it was a masala show with lots of toxicity.

MPTH: You can't beat SixSigma, KQR and Humayun coming together. Now looking back I see Danish's flaws too, but at the time the dialogues were pure poetry that we all felt only for him, Rumi and eventaully Hania teacher.

Ishq Murshid: the premise is quite far-fetched, very 90s bollywood, and in the real world, no girl would trust a guy faking his identity but its still masala entertainment even though the hero is positive.

Meanwhile green flag characters need much better writing. Will any writer put that much thought and effort into the script or just write whatever the channel wants in order to get a hit? Thats the viewpoint to think from.

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

I completely agree! He just gets a lot of attention so people think it’s more than it actually is. I noticed that a lot of actors have multiple projects airing at once. He isn’t the only one. Even his photoshoots get a lot of attention compared to other celebs so there’s that perception that he’s the only one doing them.

Lots of actors that had multiple projects on air between Jan 2023 till now. Some examples below:

Faisal qureshi (6): Farq, Hook, Zulm, Shikar, Khaie, Siyyah

Usama khan (6): Agar, Hostel, TIKN, Kaccha dhaga, Fatima feng, Siyyah

Hamza sohail (5): Ft1, Ft2, Sirf tum, Breaking news, BRKRJ

Saba qamar (5): Gunah, Sar-e-rah, Serial killer, THKN, Pagal khana

Wahaj ali (5): TB, MPHT, Jurm, 22Q, Mein

Durre fishan (4): Jurm, JAM, IM, Khaie

Muneeb butt (4): Sar-e-rah, Qalandar, Tere aanay se, Shiddat

Komal meer (4): Qalandar, Tere aanay se, Dhoka, ReJ

Ayeza khan (3): CT, Mein, JeJ

Affan waheed (3): Bandish 2, Meherposh, Dhoka

Bilal abbas khan (3): KA, IM, EJLS

Even looking at top actors who have given quality content, we see they have had multiple projects without being called overexposed. Sometimes these stars even had 3 full time dramas running in parallel at the same time.

Fawad I recall had 3 dramas on air at the same time: Akbari Asghari, Humsafar, KPKPBT. Humsafar and KPKBT ran parallel through their entire runs.

Yumna throughout most of her career had multiple shows on air at the same time. Sinf-e-Ahan, Parizaad, Ishq e Laa - all 3 aired concurrently. PKS and Raaz e Ulfat used to air simultaneously. DKK, Inkar and IZN overlapped.

Edited by hypnotoad - 7 months ago
hypnotoad thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

That’s too far-fetched a thing to say. The industry has many relevant actors who have been working since the last decade (minimum). They have still maintained that stardom and have been consistently delivering hits. None of them have been one-hit wonders.

To call Hamza and Danish irrelevant is way too absurd. I’m a very fair person so I can easily say Hamza has his own fan base along with a tight hold on the general audience. You can’t put him in the same bracket as any other actor because he doesn’t have shows coming out every year and whatever project he gets (TV or film) is the best of best. No one else gets that. Jaan e Jahan is a slow burner, old school romance. Its not a masala show that it would gain some kind of mass hysteria from the first episode itself.

Danish has been in this game for the last 20 years. He has done supporting actor roles when Fahad Mustafa and Imran Abbas were leads. Actors from those years have set the foundation for the current position of Pakistani TV. The actors of that age group don’t trend everyday but that does not mean they aren’t relevant.

Danish in particular (and I can say this as a Danish fan) did television, movies during the Lollywood revival phase and then returned to TV to do leading roles. His track record once he established himself after Deewangi changed. Post Deewangi and Meherposh, he’s done only one show a year. A smart decision to avoid overexposure. Those were Ishq Hai (hit) and Kaisi Teri Khudgharzi (blockbuster). Its the general audience of both India and Pakistan that made KTK such a huge deal. And had KTK not been a success, its “successor” shows wouldn’t be anywhere. If anything, Mere Humsafar and Kaisi Teri Khudgharzi were the ones that started drawing more Indian audiences towards Pak TV.

He’s taken it slow after that, switching to Hum for the time being and for a Hum show, the numbers are more than decent. The general audience now prefers ARY and Geo overall (with the exception of Sunday since nothing airs on those two channels). So none of the Hum actors are at fault here.

I think she meant Hamza Sohail who had 5 shows on air in last 10 months and another one to come on air soon. In what world is Hamza Ali Abbasi doing back to back shows. If anything, HAA needs to work more.

Danish is an established star already. His stardom is beyond hit or flop now. ReJ doesn't have great TRPs but its YT views are highest after Ishq Murshid. I see Danish trend twice a week every week with 10k-12k posts consistently. He has a fanbase and stardom that now supercedes flavour-of-the-month type of actor ki hype. Danish and Feroze ki fanbase is like Selmon bhoi fanbase. Jo bhi project karenge they will watch and make it trend.

Danish is doing more projects now. He had CT on air in 2023 and then ReJ. ReJ is on air now and the one with Laiba and Hiba will come next. So he will have 3 back to back projects that'll air in 2024. Plus he also hosts a daily game show so we see him on TV everyday now.

Edited by hypnotoad - 7 months ago

So you are watching JeH???

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Lots of actors that had multiple projects on air between Jan 2023 till now. Some examples below:

Faisal qureshi (6): Farq, Hook, Zulm, Shikar, Khaie, Siyyah

Usama khan (6): Agar, Hostel, TIKN, Kaccha dhaga, Fatima feng, Siyyah

Hamza sohail (5): Ft1, Ft2, Sirf tum, Breaking news, BRKRJ

Saba qamar (5): Gunah, Sar-e-rah, Serial killer, THKN, Pagal khana

Wahaj ali (5): TB, MPHT, Jurm, 22Q, Mein

Muneeb butt (4): Sar-e-rah, Qalandar, Tere aanay se, Shiddat

Komal meer (4): Qalandar, Tere aanay se, Dhoka, ReJ

Ayeza khan (3): CT, Mein, JeJ

Durre fishan (3): JAM, IM, Khaie

Affan waheed (3): Bandish 2, Meherposh, Dhoka

Bilal abbas khan (3): KA, IM, EJLS

Even looking at top actors who have given quality content, we see they have had multiple projects without being called overexposed. Sometimes these stars even had 3 full time dramas running in parallel at the same time.

Fawad I recall had 3 dramas on air at the same time: Akbari Asghari, Humsafar, KPKPBT. Humsafar and KPKBT ran parallel through their entire runs.

Yumna throughout most of her career had multiple shows on air at the same time. Sinf-e-Ahan, Parizaad, Ishq e Laa - all 3 aired concurrently. PKS and Raaz e Ulfat used to air simultaneously. DKK, Inkar and IZN overlapped.

Yes! Thanks for listing out other actors’ projects. It’s clear to see that it’s common in the Pakistani tv industry to have various projects air simultaneously or within a short timeframe. I don’t know why Wahaj gets singled out. Plus there are so many shows that air alongside his with other artists so he’s easy to avoid if people are not interested. I think he’s popular at the moment so his work is getting more attention giving the perceived notion that he’s the only one working on multiple projects.

On a side note, I just wanted to add that Durre was in Jurm too so that’s one more project added in to her name.

hypnotoad thumbnail

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

Yes! Thanks for listing out other actors’ projects. It’s clear to see that it’s common in the Pakistani tv industry to have various projects air simultaneously or within a short timeframe. I don’t know why Wahaj gets singled out. Plus there are so many shows that air alongside his with other artists so he’s easy to avoid if people are not interested. I think he’s popular at the moment so his work is getting more attention giving the perceived notion that he’s the only one working on multiple projects.

On a side note, I just wanted to add that Durre was in Jurm too so that’s one more project added in to her name.

Yes. I forgot Jurm for Durre. Updated it.

I think the perception of overexposed is a function of both how much people pay attention to what you do but also the quality of your work. If the work is well-received, no one gets tired. Maybe if more of Wahaj's projects were better received or were perceived to be of higher quality, he might not have gotten this tag.

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Yes. I forgot Jurm for Durre. Updated it.

I think the perception of overexposed is a function of both how much people pay attention to what you do but also the quality of your work. If the work is well-received, no one gets tired. Maybe if more of Wahaj's projects were better received or were perceived to be of higher quality, he might not have gotten this tag.

I feel like Mein was the only one where his performance wasn’t loved. Also I doubt all those other actors listed with multiple projects are delivering high quality work back to back. I agree that it’s a function of both though. Mein did not work in Wahaj’s favour.