Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: G259

I don't think any of them are friends in the real sense.I think they just like to not make things look like they are all competitors and are insecure of each other which is a common perception about female celebs.

True. But still… I like this collective effort they put in for each other and themselves also. I feel like at one point or another female artists always face a lot of harsh comments and judgements so having been through that I feel they’re bound to support one another anyway. And I’ve hardly ever seen them throwing shade at each other.

Originally posted by: Rashi23

Yeah I completely understand...like minded and extroverts bond better..actually I don't really know about the personalities of pak actors and haven't watched any interviews as such...just follow the shows I watch, and discuss about the actors i like😅

My perceptions are also just guesses from the IVs.They can be completely different from what I think.Only those who know them personally can tell how they are IRL.
Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Danish Taimoor

That's because he's the only relevant actor, and people are always ready to discuss everything related to him..

Even that hamza guy and Danish are doing back to back shows but apart from their fans nobody cares because they are irrelevant to general audience..

Also is smd shoot done? Wahaj has been in Lahore since quite some days..and I heard these guys don't shoot during ramzan so I wonder whether the show has only limited number of episodes 🤔

That’s too far-fetched a thing to say. The industry has many relevant actors who have been working since the last decade (minimum). They have still maintained that stardom and have been consistently delivering hits. None of them have been one-hit wonders.

To call Hamza and Danish irrelevant is way too absurd. I’m a very fair person so I can easily say Hamza has his own fan base along with a tight hold on the general audience. You can’t put him in the same bracket as any other actor because he doesn’t have shows coming out every year and whatever project he gets (TV or film) is the best of best. No one else gets that. Jaan e Jahan is a slow burner, old school romance. Its not a masala show that it would gain some kind of mass hysteria from the first episode itself.

Danish has been in this game for the last 20 years. He has done supporting actor roles when Fahad Mustafa and Imran Abbas were leads. Actors from those years have set the foundation for the current position of Pakistani TV. The actors of that age group don’t trend everyday but that does not mean they aren’t relevant.

Danish in particular (and I can say this as a Danish fan) did television, movies during the Lollywood revival phase and then returned to TV to do leading roles. His track record once he established himself after Deewangi changed. Post Deewangi and Meherposh, he’s done only one show a year. A smart decision to avoid overexposure. Those were Ishq Hai (hit) and Kaisi Teri Khudgharzi (blockbuster). Its the general audience of both India and Pakistan that made KTK such a huge deal. And had KTK not been a success, its “successor” shows wouldn’t be anywhere. If anything, Mere Humsafar and Kaisi Teri Khudgharzi were the ones that started drawing more Indian audiences towards Pak TV.

He’s taken it slow after that, switching to Hum for the time being and for a Hum show, the numbers are more than decent. The general audience now prefers ARY and Geo overall (with the exception of Sunday since nothing airs on those two channels). So none of the Hum actors are at fault here.

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Wahaj’s over exposure is being overblown. Jurm, 22 Qadam were shot pre Covid. Not his fault they have been delayed. Since TB and MPHT, he has been doing one show at a time. First Mein, now SMD.

I completely agree! He just gets a lot of attention so people think it’s more than it actually is. I noticed that a lot of actors have multiple projects airing at once. He isn’t the only one. Even his photoshoots get a lot of attention compared to other celebs so there’s that perception that he’s the only one doing them.

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

That’s too far-fetched a thing to say. The industry has many relevant actors who have been working since the last decade (minimum). They have still maintained that stardom and have been consistently delivering hits. None of them have been one-hit wonders.

To call Hamza and Danish irrelevant is way too absurd. I’m a very fair person so I can easily say Hamza has his own fan base along with a tight hold on the general audience. You can’t put him in the same bracket as any other actor because he doesn’t have shows coming out every year and whatever project he gets (TV or film) is the best of best. No one else gets that. Jaan e Jahan is a slow burner, old school romance. Its not a masala show that it would gain some kind of mass hysteria from the first episode itself.

Danish has been in this game for the last 20 years. He has done supporting actor roles when Fahad Mustafa and Imran Abbas were leads. Actors from those years have set the foundation for the current position of Pakistani TV. The actors of that age group don’t trend everyday but that does not mean they aren’t relevant.

Danish in particular (and I can say this as a Danish fan) did television, movies during the Lollywood revival phase and then returned to TV to do leading roles. His track record once he established himself after Deewangi changed. Post Deewangi and Meherposh, he’s done only one show a year. A smart decision to avoid overexposure. Those were Ishq Hai (hit) and Kaisi Teri Khudgharzi (blockbuster). Its the general audience of both India and Pakistan that made KTK such a huge deal. And had KTK not been a success, its “successor” shows wouldn’t be anywhere. If anything, Mere Humsafar and Kaisi Teri Khudgharzi were the ones that started drawing more Indian audiences towards Pak TV.

He’s taken it slow after that, switching to Hum for the time being and for a Hum show, the numbers are more than decent. The general audience now prefers ARY and Geo overall (with the exception of Sunday since nothing airs on those two channels). So none of the Hum actors are at fault here.

So agree about JEJ! Haven't watched it yet but we cannot expect a show of that type to get massive views.Masala shows get massive views no matter whoever the actor is rather than old school romance ones.Hasn't Danish done green flag ML roles?He has! But which are his most popular ones?KTK and Ishq Hai and we all know why.

Btw I saw a post some days back that kaddu junior isn't doing kam4 so I really hope kaddu uncle ropes in wahaj to do that show, that show is a brand and only an actor like wahaj can take that legacy forward...

Plus he needs another blockbuster show apart from tb so that people can shut boasting that only tb is his most successful show...

I must be in the minority bcz KAM doesn't interest me. I had watched little bit of first season & kind of bored me. 2nd season didn't watch. 3rd season I know what it was about. I found the concept very stupid. Why would the ml give baddua to the fl when she didn't even promise him anything.

Also I don't understand this dislike for Kadwani's son. Did he do something?

If he has opportunity he will take it na. I would do the same if I get any opportunity because of someone I know..

Waise I don't think they'll sign Wahaj for KAM bcz he is already doing SMD & TB2 is in pipeline.. If Wahaj does that, then it's going to be a delayed project. But yes, he should do if the character is nice

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

So agree about JEJ! Haven't watched it yet but we cannot expect a show of that type to get massive views.Masala shows get massive views no matter whoever the actor is rather than old school romance ones.Hasn't Danish done green flag ML roles?He has! But which are his most popular ones?KTK and Ishq Hai and we all know why.

Let's stop pretending JeJ is some prestige show intended for elite audiences and critics. this is not a kp or some manto-level writing which explores the complexities and nuances of love and human relationships. JeJ was designed to get ratings: the filmi romance. the saazishi saas. the evil bhai and his gandi nazar on a gaon ki gori. the faux krq dialogbazi. this is max filmi masala at its finest. this is beta with better frames and less dhak dhak. just because it is not getting the kind of popular appreciation you want, let's not pretend that this is some deep artsy fartsy show.

If the issue is people like toxic heroes, why is IM getting the ratings it is. FB is a teddy bear. The top-rated drama in PTV history MPTH had Danish who was mazloom pro max. Let's also look at other big hits of last 2 years that are not KTK or TB. Hamza in MH was not necessarily toxic. Nor was Parizaad.

Edited by hypnotoad - 7 months ago

Finished the Fucshia one.It was mostly talk about various stuff.Last 10-12 mins he talked about Mein.He said Big Bang is the most professional among all the PHs he has worked withsmiley3.He felt that the character of Asif wasn't that prominent acc to the writer's perspective.He kind of credited Badar.He liked the ending of Mein but is aware that majority of the audience didn't like it.Called it "open ended".Rabiya asked about the purpose of the show and he told it was a pure entertainer and had a sublime message.He doesn't feel that it is his job to post stories about the ratings.It is the job of the marketing team ACC to him.Lastly,he talked about the need to respond to fans DMs.

Yes. I watched. He is an interesting man. That butterfly thing is so interesting..

But I liked Amna's iv more (call me shallow 😂)

When Amna asked about Zaid, even he says if there is no space to perform, actor can't.. His talk about responding to DMs was also really good

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

I must be in the minority bcz KAM doesn't interest me. I had watched little bit of first season & kind of bored me. 2nd season didn't watch. 3rd season I know what it was about. I found the concept very stupid. Why would the ml give baddua to the fl when she didn't even promise him anything.

Also I don't understand this dislike for Kadwani's son. Did he do something?

If he has opportunity he will take it na. I would do the same if I get any opportunity because of someone I know..

Waise I don't think they'll sign Wahaj for KAM bcz he is already doing SMD & TB2 is in pipeline.. If Wahaj does that, then it's going to be a delayed project. But yes, he should do if the character is nice

haroon kadwani is confirmed for kam4.

Less about mein and more about philosophy, stopped watching as soon as he started talking sh#t about indiasmiley21

I don't think it was anything bad. He wasn't condescending in any way. That's political view. Everyone talks about other country's political party. He appreciated Indian experiments as well..