Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: G259

Have seen a lot of people telling that the ending didn't make sense.But I think it was the most justified ending to the show.True to the title.It was never a love story.It was a battle of egos.What happens when people are absorbed in their Mein is the main concept of the show."Mein hoon se mein tha tak safar insaan ko ye ehsaas dilaata hai Ki woh apni mein main ghaate ka sauda kar baitha".First scene of the first episode and last scene of the last episode said it all.The concept of the show was interesting but wasn't executed well.The marketing was completely false,done for luring the audience into watching it.They wanted to milk the popularity of Wahaj which he got from Tere Bin.Plus Ayeza who has good fanbase.The audience fell for that trap unfortunately.

The Last episode was not balanced. Ayra had a mein too and suddenly the makers pulled a fast one on the audience to glorify her which didn't match with the story so far. They didn't show what happened to her also at the end. Likewise, they never gave Zaid's pov wrt what he felt for Ayra after the break up or what he ever felt for MJ. It was just expressions and I feel purposely Badar made it look vague because he felt it looks abstract. At best, I can say this was an experiment by Badar on how much he can play around with the script and the characters. And since it was an experiment, he was conveniently careless about it. MPHT was much better that way- it had clear continuity. So I won't say he's a bad director, he just ended up giving Zanjabeel a bad rating as writer by twisting it too much. Anyway, hopefully his next one will be made well. 

chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Someone in that PH is an eternal romantic and desperate for a happy ending. 😂

Gosh! Kitne shameless hain.. Abhi bhi cashing just on these two 😂

Doosro ko bhi Kardo 

tgota92 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Emotional Epics

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

I think things changed when he came back from Turkey. The reality of being lied and manipulated to settled in for Zaid. He didn’t feel like anyone was being true to him and only trusted Ayra. He lumped MJ into the 2 families. MJ did have those qualities and no matter how much she tried, it was so easy for him to lose that trust in her. I think he was just so done with everyone. If MJ told him what she learned from Rayyan, it would have strengthened their relationship. She was scared too though. Still Zaid looked really hurt when Rayyan accused MJ. He didn’t lash out at her like he did with Rayyan and Asif, he just looked hurt and disappointed. He still didn’t divorce on the spot there which he could have easily done. 

After returning from Turkey, I think he started doubting her sincerity. Perhaps he thought she was faking it. When she confesses before giving him the khula papers, she was very vulnerable and maybe he sensed her sincerity then and so was surprised when she declared her love for him. So much inferring for Zaid’s perspective. I think he definitely needed some lines because we don’t really know where he stood with MJ. 

I think it was deliberate to show Zaid kind of not even registering her in the beginning. His head was down and he was not interested in what she had to say. He himself was too depressed about his break up to process anything. So while MJ is making her important confession he’s not even “there” you know? Complete defeat mode was on, totally zoned out.

He doesn’t even look at her. Until she says that she fell for him during this time when she was trying to win him. He must have believed everything from her was fake so this kind of took him by surprise. Not sure if he still believed it but he was not expecting to hear it. 

I know some people wanted to hear an apology from him to MJ but the thing is - he’s still in his Mein and she is in her Mein still as well (hence the Khulla). Remember how mad we used to get that they’re not getting any real genuine growth? Well the writer never intended for them to grow up. Kept them in their Mein till the end. And the end result is everyone losing what they care about: Zaid loses Ayra, MJ loses Zaid, Asif loses everyone. Ayra also loses Zaid but she’s content with the peace and security it brings 

Big shoutout to all actors in this episode. They all made me cry and tear up. The helplessness and inevitability was so palpable in each dynamic ❤️

Edited by tgota92 - 5 months ago
tgota92 thumbnail

Emotional Epics

The last episode was actually the most powerful episode of the drama. And completely justified by the narrative. This was always going to be how everything ended. 

I feel only Zaid apologists or MJ apologists might have wanted more, but ending has to justify the story and I’m glad it did. Even the critics were rooting for everyone ending up alone. Because that’s what logic states should happen given the story

tgota92 thumbnail

Emotional Epics

For the hopeless romantics …

Ayra with Husband # 2

IMG_2492.jpeg

Zaid with Wife # 3

IMG_2493.jpeg

And MJ with Husband # 3

IMG_2494.jpeg

And Asif just adopts Ijaz’s family 😂

They all learned from their mistakes and moved on to happier futures 👏❤️

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I have no problem with everyone going off on their own. I feel like they all need that time to themselves. Everything was so toxic around these two families. I personally don’t feel like Ayra ever wanted to get married, she only did because her bhabi made that fuss. That’s when she called Zaid in a panic asking him to bring the proposal. I think she’s content concentrating on her career. 

MJ needs to know that she will be fine on her own and a marriage doesn’t define her success. I just feel bad that she fell in love but she’s needs self reflection. Being in a relationship where you constantly fear someone will leave you isn’t healthy. It also led to her making some bad decisions because of that fear.

Zaid has been lied and manipulated to by those he was closest to. He tried to maintain all relationships but ended up feeling like he let everyone down. He needs time to himself where he too can figure out who he is.

My biggest issue is that we didn’t get Zaid’s perspective. I think that was badly needed. He got a monologue that was about ego vs self respect but it was all in general terms. I wish he had dialogue with MJ and Ayra. 

Navyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Winterberry

Zaid - Aira never loved nor trusted each other , the first blow came when Asif created misunderstanding and they fell off . Very few people get second chances , they got and they decided to integrate MJ again , pray tell me which women would want to be someone second wife she had chance to restart and U don’t see Zaid even resisting the idea either , like make this sense to me .

MJ was not in love yet she seethed at idea of sharing him while Aira was in love and was cool abt it .

. In bold … DISGUSTING! Sorry to bother you but just one more question. Did he sleep with MJ ? 

tgota92 thumbnail

Emotional Epics

Originally posted by: Navyya

. In bold … DISGUSTING! Sorry to bother you but just one more question. Did he sleep with MJ ? 

Never. 

They didn’t consummate the marriage. Writer specially cleared this up in her recent interview. 

Writer talked about him having Wafa / loyalty to just one woman - Ayra. This is what always happens in polygamy plots. They keep the hero as a one woman man. One of the many issues with this kind of plot. 

Edited by tgota92 - 5 months ago
Winterberry thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Navyya

No I guess unless if there were any slips in Turkey , given shows history of slippage .