Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

The reason he had less scenes in Mein is coz he hiked his price and superstars of Pakistan charge per scene instead of per episode when they get super famous

I think we have been told that Big Bang signed him on when he was still shooting MPHT - so before the TB hype. If anything he was more likely to be upset that he was locked into a contract at a pay rate that was no longer at par with his current rate. Also, days and schedules are negotiated before hand when you sign the contract. If Big Bang signed him for fewer days that means that original script never had enough room for him.

If pay scale was a concern then Ayeza would have had even fewer scenes. Even at the height of Wahaj's hype, Ayeza would have had a higher pay rate than him. Payscales for dramas are not based on giving one hit only. Actors with one big hit will of course see a big price hike. But it takes multiple years of stardom and multiple mega hits to get to same pay scale as the likes of Ayeza, Humayoun, Mahira, Fahad, Hamza A.

We were told? By who? I remember the first mentions of this long after TB was already on air. And I believe wahaj and ayeza made the official insta announcement in May if I’m not mistaken. So even if he signed it a few months before it still would have been post TB hype.

I know a lot of people also mentioned some 3 project contract deal or whatever but I don’t believe that’s actually true. Because according to Nadia Khan’s hints in KDH, apparently Wahaj wouldn’t agree to sign Mein unless Badar himself directed it instead of the AD - which is what happened with most of MPHT because Badar got sick and someone else took over most of the shoot. (If only Wahaj had made similar demands about the script rather than just the director lol. But oh well. He’s mentioned in his interviews that director is the most important factor for him). So I don’t buy the 3 project deal thing. It’s just dumb to begin with. No sane actor would do this on blind faith alone. 3 is a lot of commitment to one production house, especially when Wahaj is currently 7th sky’s golden boy.

As for pay grades, no way of knowing who gets paid more. We can just speculate. However, a massive hit like TB was unprecedented by anything before on PTV. A lot of stars get hits, multiple hits even, Wahaj included, but TB was a different phenomenon altogether. I think his and Yumna’s pay scales are at par now with any top actor at the moment.

And Wahaj knows how to milk fame and make the most of it. Unlike his contemporaries he didn’t disappear after giving a hit. If anything, he’s over exposed. By constantly working nonstop and doing shoots and ads as well. Doesn’t sound like a guy who doesn’t know his worth and isn’t making the most of it. He’s definitely getting paid the big bucks 😜

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: tgota92

And Wahaj knows how to milk fame and make the most of it. Unlike his contemporaries he didn’t disappear after giving a hit. If anything, he’s over exposed. By constantly working nonstop and doing shoots and ads as well. Doesn’t sound like a guy who doesn’t know his worth and isn’t making the most of it. He’s definitely getting paid the big bucks 😜

Wahaj has always been like this. He used to have 3-4 shows almost every yearsmiley36. 2021 was his peak as an actor with Fitoor, IJ, DNTUN and JBG. It’s only the ads and photoshoots which are new.

We were told? By who? I remember the first mentions of this long after TB was already on air. And I believe wahaj and ayeza made the official insta announcement in May if I’m not mistaken. So even if he signed it a few months before it still would have been post TB hype.

I know a lot of people also mentioned some 3 project contract deal or whatever but I don’t believe that’s actually true. Because according to Nadia Khan’s hints in KDH, apparently Wahaj wouldn’t agree to sign Mein unless Badar himself directed it instead of the AD - which is what happened with most of MPHT because Badar got sick and someone else took over most of the shoot. (If only Wahaj had made similar demands about the script rather than just the director lol. But oh well. He’s mentioned in his interviews that director is the most important factor for him). So I don’t buy the 3 project deal thing. It’s just dumb to begin with. No sane actor would do this on blind faith alone. 3 is a lot of commitment to one production house, especially when Wahaj is currently 7th sky’s golden boy.

As for pay grades, no way of knowing who gets paid more. We can just speculate. However, a massive hit like TB was unprecedented by anything before on PTV. A lot of stars get hits, multiple hits even, Wahaj included, but TB was a different phenomenon altogether. I think his and Yumna’s pay scales are at par now with any top actor at the moment.

Tere Bin is more of a hit at par with shows like Mere Paas Tum Ho.It was the talk of the town when it was on air as far as I have heard and brags of having higher ratings than TB.Its last episode ratings was 37.1 or something which has not been beaten by any show till date.Tere Bin scores way higher than it in terms of YT views.Hype and ratings wise they are at par.

Wahaj's pay rate may be in the same zone as Ayeza or any other A lister now after Tere Bin.If he signed Mein during MPHT before TB's hype happened then his pay scale might have been lower.

He is definitely overexposed.I have seen those who are not his fans commenting that they are tired of seeing him onscreen(I am aware that he has only shot for Mein after TB but the fact remains that all his shows are airing one after another or simultaneously.)

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: G259

Wahaj's pay rate may be in the same zone as Ayeza or any other A lister now after Tere Bin.If he signed Mein during MPHT before TB's hype happened then his pay scale might have been lower.

Even after TB, i doubt his pay rate would be the same as Ayeza. She is one of the biggest stars in PTV industry and career wise his senior.

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Even after TB, i doubt his pay rate would be the same as Ayeza. She is one of the biggest stars in PTV industry and career wise his senior.

We can only guess.But I do think he is getting paid a lot now.
_OrChiD_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Ayeza Khan

Wahaj's fanbase did contribute to good viewership of Mein.Another thing is that Mein wasn't boring.It gave a lot of scope to the audience to discuss about its happenings.Jaan-e-Jahan has old school romance which is not everyone's cup of tea.Many people get bored watching such stuff.

I am waiting Jaan e Jahan to end to start watching, a lot of people doing it because watching slow burn and waiting for weeks is hard. YT views toh aati jati haii, it can't be reason of any success 🫣

Why Jaan e Jahan ki pichey padi hooo Tum logg...Wahjaj is so so big bigger biggest star...compare him with his own show 22 qudam ...22 qudam comes to YouTube too, channel new but YouTube new nahi hai nah..he brought all the views in Mein, ask them to open 22 qadam toosmiley4

Edited by _OrChiD_ - 7 months ago
hypnotoad thumbnail

Nadia herself said Big Bang locked in Wahaj for a second project while MPHT was shooting. She basically said Wahaj is too easy going and a people pleaser and should learn to say no. The rumour of Wahaj signing this project before Tere Bin built its hype has been around even before Mein teasers or posters had come. One of the things being said was that Wahaj had been signed for a while but they were not able to get a FL sign on for a long time until Ayeza said yes, which is when they announced it.

About requiring Badar on set, Nadia had just said a superstar in Badar's next project has demanded that they will not shoot a scene if Badar is not present. She did not name any one. This does not sound like Wahaj at all and sounds very much like Ayeza. I have my reasons to believe this is Ayeza and do not wish to argue further. We can just agree to disagree.

Ad rate is different from drama pay scale. Wahaj would have ad rate on par with the top names because of hype but that is not how drama pay scales work. We were discussing drama pay not ad pay so let's not conflate the two.

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Nadia herself said Big Bang locked in Wahaj for a second project while MPHT was shooting. She basically said Wahaj is too easy going and a people pleaser and should learn to say no. The rumour of Wahaj signing this project before Tere Bin built its hype has been around even before Mein teasers or posters had come. One of the things being said was that Wahaj had been signed for a while but they were not able to get a FL sign on for a long time until Ayeza said yes, which is when they announced it.

About requiring Badar on set, Nadia had just said a superstar in Badar's next project has demanded that they will not shoot a scene if Badar is not present. She did not name any one. This does not sound like Wahaj at all and sounds very much like Ayeza. I have my reasons to believe this is Ayeza and do not wish to argue further. We can just agree to disagree.

Ad rate is different from drama pay scale. Wahaj would have ad rate on par with the top names because of hype but that is not how drama pay scales work. We were discussing drama pay not ad pay so let's not conflate the two.

Agree with what you said about Nadia's statement.This is what I understood too.I remember some fans on Twitter discussing the same that the person might be Ayeza and not Wahaj.She seems to be particular about things.

No idea how pay rates work.I just guessed that he might be getting paid at par with the top rated actors now thanks to his immense popularity post TB.

hypnotoad thumbnail

We can only guess. But I do think he is getting paid a lot now.

Of course he is getting paid more now that before.

But he is still not same league as Ayeza and many others at least where drama pay scale is concerned.

Ad rate is different from drama pay scales. When it comes to ad rates, among men, he will likely be top paid (after Fawad and some cricketers maybe) but if you are comparing his ad rates to female celebs then I dunno. I think Ayeza and some others would still have him beat there.