Users

Frequent Posters

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: tgota92

More than half even, I think.

Half I’m just saying out of politeness for the FL fans 😂

I am waiting for SMD to see how much Wahaj’s craze has been affected.

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

I am waiting for SMD to see how much Wahaj’s craze has been affected.

idk a lot of people are wary about Khalil ur Rehman Qamars scripts. Including me. As a wahaj and Maya fan even I would watch it with caution and it’s got nothing to do with wahaj, but the writer.

I think best estimate to see if the craze has dipped would be TB 2. Because the writer director everything in that is a constant factor. So that would be the true indicator. Let’s see.

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago
2RsFan thumbnail

idk a lot of people are weary about Khalil ur Rehman Qamars scripts. Including me. As a wahaj and Maya fan even I would watch it with caution and it’s got nothing to do with wahaj, but the writer.

I think best estimate to see if the craze has dipped would be TB 2. Because the writer director everything in that is a constant factor. So that would be the true indicator. Let’s see.

Honestly, TB 2 might succumb to over expectations. Not everything requires a sequel. Wahaj needs another critically acclaimed hit apart from Tere Bin otherwise he would be typecast as Murtasim forever.

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

The reason he had less scenes in Mein is coz he hiked his price and superstars of Pakistan charge per scene instead of per episode when they get super famous

2RsFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

The reason he had less scenes in Mein is coz he hiked his price and superstars of Pakistan charge per scene instead of per episode when they get super famous

or may be he signed Mein before his pre- Tere Bin fame

As far as I know the charges are per episode. Not scene. Because that would be hard to control with scripts anyway. Usually they charge 2-4 lakh per episode but the bigger stars charge a lot more.

This was also mentioned during the TB time interviews when the actual episodes were 27 but 7th sky dragged the show for 58 episodes. And also because Nooran, the writer, wrote such long episodes that they had to divide it up frequently. She owned to this in her interview. That her one episode in the script is not translatable for a one hour slot because she wrote really long ones.

So what happened was that the production had to pay up for every single episode post 27th episode. To the entire team. So actors , since they get paid per “script episode”, ended up getting paid more after the final product gets edited. Look at Khaie. It was only 16 episodes on paper and that’s how everyone in the team got paid. But now since they’re stretching it, the actors writers etc everyone will get paid for each additional episode they add.

I remember loving this because yes it’s true that production drags dramas sometimes to really milk the viewership and TRPs etc, but at least they’re compensating the whole team if they’re benefiting from this.

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago
unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

As far as I know the charges are per episode. Not scene. Because that would be hard to control with scripts anyway. Usually they charge 2-4 lakh per episode but the bigger stars charge a lot more.

This was also mentioned during the TB time interviews when the actual episodes were 27 but 7th sky dragged the show for 58 episodes. And also because Nooran, the writer, wrote such long episodes that they had to divide it up frequently. She owned to this in her interview. That her one episode in the script is not translatable for a one hour slot because she wrote really long ones.

So what happened was that the production had to pay up for every single episode post 27th episode. To the entire team. So actors , since they get paid per “script episode”, ended up getting paid more after the final product gets edited. Look at Khaie. It was only 16 episodes on paper and that’s how everyone in the team got paid. But now since they’re stretching it, the actors writers etc everyone will get paid for each additional episode they add.

I remember loving this because yes it’s true that production drags dramas sometimes to really milk the viewership and TRPs etc, but at least they’re compensating the whole team if they’re benefiting from this.

Really? They pay the actors more if they stretch the show to more episodes?
unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

He was on screen though but he didn’t speak much. It’s not like he didn’t have any scenes, it’s just that he was mute or had mundane lines.

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

Really? They pay the actors more if they stretch the show to more episodes?

I only know 7th sky production does this for sure.
But if they do, I’m assuming the others do too

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Remove Wahaj from both MPHT and Mein, and their trps would be halved smiley36

TRPs I don't think so.That doesn’t depend on the actor.Jaan-e-Jahan is getting good TRPs.It is the views which is underwhelming.So,it might have been the same.Mein was dramatic,so would have gotten ratings anyways I feel.There are many shows which are getting good ratings but don't have any A lister as the lead.
Edited by G259 - 7 months ago