Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 7 months ago

I don't know why everyone is blaming wahaj for playing Zaid the way he was blamed for playing Saad also in mpht

There are gentlemen like Saad and Zaid in today's world

And I salute wahaj for doing the show which is not always HIM centric

That also shows how secure and intelligent an actor he is

MJ falling for some x y z actor playing Zaid would have ruined the show completely

I really don't understand what the audience wants actually

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

I don't know why everyone is blaming wahaj for playing Zaid the way he was blamed for playing Saad also in mpht

There are gentlemen like Saad and Zaid in today's world

And I salute wahaj for doing the show which is not always HIM centric

That also shows how secure and intelligent an actor he is

MJ falling for some x y z actor playing Zaid would have ruined the show completely

I really don't understand what the audience wants actually

I thought he was great as Saad. He did good as Zaid too but his role was limited. He didn’t have enough lines and we needed his POV. I agree that he doesn’t have to be on a show where it is him centric but his role should have substance. Zaid was an important character but for some reason no lines were written for him. He was completely neglected. Wahaj is a very capable actor and they hardly utilized him. Not just that but I felt we needed Zaid’s POV for the sake of the story.

Agreed that if Zaid was played by just anyone it wouldn’t have been as enjoyable and most likely wouldn’t bring in the same viewership.

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

I think he realised that the story is sh*t and his character doesnt much have to do so didnt give a damn anymore.

This is probably what actually happened. It was a rushed project with not enough time for him to fight for more Zaid screen time and material. And he had already signed it, counting on Badar and Zanjabeel. Who, let’s face it, have delivered in the past. So he probably didn’t actually read the script. But once he started shooting it would have been CLEAR as day to him how little scope his character has … with no time to make it better in any significant way … hence he stopped caring and hoped for the best.

I don’t think he acted bad. For any refined actor it’s not possible to “act bad” - he performed Zaid well. But the direction and script didn’t make this character shine for Wahaj. And that I think is what the audience is mad about. They didn’t let Wahaj shine or use him properly. And that’s a valid criticism. Literally all wahaj had to do was read the first couple of scripts to reject the project … but it’s quite obvious he didn’t 😒😒😒

so yeah he lost interest but like… he also only has himself to blame for it 🤷‍♀️

Also people shoot multiples shows at the same time. Which wasn’t the case with Wahaj during Mein. Recently saw Faisal Qureshi’s interview where he said he was shooting Khaie (in Gilgit) and Zulm (in Karachi) at the same time. Same with Dure Fishan (Khaie in Gilgit and Ishq Murshid in Karachi). That is serious long distance commitment but they made it work and they have screen time in both. So it’s not an issue of less time or more work. Mein just forgot about utilizing Wahaj. Simple as that. He was free as a bird at the time.

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

I thought he was great as Saad. He did good as Zaid too but his role was limited. He didn’t have enough lines and we needed his POV. I agree that he doesn’t have to be on a show where it is him centric but his role should have substance. Zaid was an important character but for some reason no lines were written for him. He was completely neglected. Wahaj is a very capable actor and they hardly utilized him. Not just that but I felt we needed Zaid’s POV for the sake of the story.

Agreed that if Zaid was played by just anyone it wouldn’t have been as enjoyable and most likely wouldn’t bring in the same viewership.

Agreed. The reason Mein has views is because it brought in Ayeza fans. And for the most part Wahaj fans. No doubt Ayeza is a big star but the timing of Mein happened when Wahaj craze was at its peak. He was the new superstar.

If you look at Jaan e Jahan, Ayeza isn’t bringing in a lot of views on her own over there compared to Mein. The YT views are even less than Khumar which is its prime slot competitor. So Mein, to a large extent, owes its success to Wahaj fans. I myself only watched for him. That’s it. If anyone else played Zaid, you can easily cut the viewership to half lol.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: tgota92

I don’t think he acted bad. For any refined actor it’s not possible to “act bad” - he performed Zaid well. But the direction and script didn’t make this character shine for Wahaj. And that I think is what the audience is mad about. They didn’t let Wahaj shine or use him properly. And that’s a valid criticism. Literally all wahaj had to do was read the first couple of scripts to reject the project … but it’s quite obvious he didn’t 😒😒😒

I feel all his best scenes were Mubashira/ Ayeza. Whether hatred, sympathy or little bit of attraction, that’s the only thing that people got to understand about Zaid. It’s as if MJ injected some kind of energy to this lifeless character.

Edited by 2RsFan - 7 months ago

Agreed. The reason Mein has views is because it brought in Ayeza fans. And for the most part Wahaj fans. No doubt Ayeza is a big star but the timing of Mein happened when Wahaj craze was at its peak. He was the new superstar.

If you look at Jaan e Jahan, Ayeza isn’t bringing in a lot of views on her own over there compared to Mein. The YT views are even less than Khumar which is its prime slot competitor. So Mein, to a large extent, owes its success to Wahaj fans. I myself only watched for him. That’s it. If anyone else played Zaid, you can easily cut the viewership to half lol.

Wahaj's fanbase did contribute to good viewership of Mein.Another thing is that Mein wasn't boring.It gave a lot of scope to the audience to discuss about its happenings.Jaan-e-Jahan has old school romance which is not everyone's cup of tea.Many people get bored watching such stuff.

I think everyone hated MJ’s guts and since he kept giving her a shut up call it was entertaining to watch lol. Yes it was a toxic trait but at least he was one person she had no control over lol. But other than that, it was hard for me to get behind his behavior with her. Be it the hate or the guilt later on. For me Wahaj shined the most with Shahzad Nawaz. And it made Zaids real personality crystal clear in his scenes with him. As the weaker, easily influenced yet morally ethic son. The direct contrast to Asif. Most of my favorite Zaid scenes are the Asif ones because that’s his real clash - with his dad.

Same with Mj - I found Ayeza’s best scenes to be with Asif too. Their chemistry was a running joke for a reason lol. Shahzad Nawaz was the glue holding the dynamics in the show together

Originally posted by: G259

Wahaj's fanbase did contribute to good viewership of Mein.Another thing is that Mein wasn't boring.It gave a lot of scope to the audience to discuss about its happenings.Jaan-e-Jahan has old school romance which is not everyone's cup of tea.Many people get bored watching such stuff.

Yeah a lot of people I know who’re watching are more invested in the other characters and ships on the show than Ayeza and Hamza 😂 Even Pyaare Afzal fans are underwhelmed by these two in JeJ

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Remove Wahaj from both MPHT and Mein, and their trps would be halved smiley36

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Remove Wahaj from both MPHT and Mein, and their trps would be halved smiley36

More than half even, I think.

Half I’m just saying out of politeness for the FL fans 😂