Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

No idea. Also if you notice, Wahaj is also very proactive in the bts. Giving his opinions and suggestions..

Yes.That is why I was saying that all of them were very active and serious in the BTS yet the show turned out to be like this.The actors were fine but the technical aspects weren't.
Edited by G259 - 7 months ago

Originally posted by: G259

I was just watching some shorts of Mein's BTS.I have noticed it before as well that everyone remain so serious about the scenes during the shoot.Badar is always seen explaining scenes to them seriously.Then why was the show so poorly directed?

They had good actors, characters and ph values but they couldn't utilise the potential of the characters..I think they made a khichdi because of the 2 marriage drama and badar has directed shows where there is a tiff between the positive character and the negative character but here zaid mj ayra all were grey, and in the end they completely whitewashed ayra so I think he couldn't handle the script, basically he screwed it up..

The introduction promos of both mj and zaid were so promising, one of the best promos I've seen in recent times and it built so much anticipation but sab phuss ho gaya..

Edited by Rashi23 - 7 months ago
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Rashi23

They had good actors, characters and ph values but they couldn't utilise the potential of the characters..I think they made a khichdi because of the 2 marriage drama and badar has directed shows where there is a tiff between the positive character and the negative character but here zaid mj ayra all were grey, and in the end they completely whitewashed ayra so I think he couldn't handle the script, basically he screwed it up..

The introduction promos of both mj and zaid were so promising, one of the best promos I've seen in recent times and it built so much anticipation but sab phuss ho gaya..

the basic premise was two flawed and egoistic people getting married. They should have just sticked it, 2nd marriage ruined everything

chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I was just watching some shorts of Mein's BTS.I have noticed it before as well that everyone remain so serious about the scenes during the shoot.Badar is always seen explaining scenes to them seriously.Then why was the show so poorly directed?

I feel there was not much continuity in the shoot except for Asif- Ayra track and the initial episodes. There was no episode bank for this show so everything was rushed and Wahaj was scarcely available probably, with the back to back shows he's doing. Azekah and Asif were available all the time, so their track was taken leisurely.

Constraints of time was a real issue with this show and like all critics said - this especially was a topic that needed very sensitive handling and time. Badar was directing what he had in his hand, but even those were half baked or if he was waiting for audience reaction to zero in on his climax, obviously it's not going to work. That requires four times the effort a normal show does. I agree with the KDH analysis of the last episode - it should have been the most powerful episode, but so lacking in terms of the highlights like even Zaid shoving a phone at Asif talking about evidence, Asif's reaction, Asif breakfast scene etc. it was all there for namesake - really lacked depth. I'm not even talking about the love story.

In fact, KDH had talked about flaws in the initial episodes and predicted it was going to get worse since there was no episode bank and pressure would get to the quality of the show.

Edited by chicksoup - 7 months ago

Originally posted by: chicksoup

I feel there was not much continuity in the shoot except for Asif- Ayra track and the initial episodes. There was no episode bank for this show so everything was rushed and Wahaj was scarcely available probably, with the back to back shows he's doing. Azekah and Asif were available all the time, so their track was taken leisurely.

Constraints of time was a real issue with this show and like all critics said - this especially was a topic that needed very sensitive handling and time. Badar was directing what he had in his hand, but even those were half baked or if he was waiting for audience reaction to zero in on his climax, obviously it's not going to work. That requires four times the effort a normal show does. I agree with the KDH analysis of the last episode - it should have been the most powerful episode, but so lacking in terms of the highlights like even Zaid shoving a phone at Asif talking about evidence, Asif's reaction, Asif breakfast scene etc. it was all there for namesake - really lacked depth. I'm not even talking about the love story.

In fact, KDH had talked about flaws in the initial episodes and predicted it was going to get worse since there was no episode bank and pressure would get to the quality of the show.

Wasn't Mein the only show Wahaj did after Tere Bin?Which show was he shooting for during the shoot of Mein?
chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Wasn't Mein the only show Wahaj did after Tere Bin?Which show was he shooting for during the shoot of Mein?

22 Qadam was also airing at the same time na. And anyway, he was doing so many shows he would have been drained with Mein.

22 Qadam was also airing at the same time na. And anyway, he was doing so many shows he would have been drained with Mein.

But I heard that 22 Qadam was shot way before.It just went on-air late.

22 Qadam was filmed couple of years ago when Green channel was creating its first dramas.
During Mein, he was not shooting any other drama. Just photoshoots and ads, that’s it. He could have been utilized wayyyyy more in Mein, which he wasn’t.

I honestly feel he trusted the team instead of reading his actual script. Because first couple of them should have been enough for him to not sign it. There’s no substance on Zaid at all.

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago

Yep. 22 qadam was filmed 3 years ago actually. He also has a supporting role in it which he was okay with doing a few years back. So yeah… no idea why he was so underused in Mein when he was relatively free and didn’t have a huge commitment. The whole project is rushed and weak but he could have been given better scenes and lines at least. Wahaj is known to improvise a lot - he’s even seen working a lot on his scenes in the BTS. With the extras, with Azeekah, etc. And the scenes he has, his acting is absolutely fine. But how much could he have even done with such a poor overall vision of the story and a weak script, right? 😔

I just hope he has learned something from this experience. Signing something relying on just the team and director just doesn’t cut it anymore. You have to look at the script and your character and actual substance in the story. That is key.

For me personally, the problem with Mein is mainly the weak script, weak lines, weak scenes, with the focus on shock value twists n turns and having characters conform to those twists even at the cost of becoming ooc. It’s not an organically driven story at all.

Badar is not a great director lately but here I will put the blame more on script. It should have been revised and revised and revised some more. This feels like they made a drama from Zanjabeels first draft and didn’t care enough to add anything to make it more powerful or meaningful. Her characters don’t even have an arc - they’re mostly unchanged at the end. It’s basically how they all get punished for not changing in the end. Pathetic story telling. And Zanjabeels interview proves this. She and Badar created Mein purely for ratings and TRPs. There’s not really any substance at all. And this sick formula unfortunately worked for them. It got them what they wanted.

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago