Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Yeah those stardom days are gone.

Now it's really the show or the cktr that is the breakout hit but that hype and fandom for the show does not fully carry over to the actor's next projects. We see this Wahaj now. But we have seen this with Farhan (where MH hype did not carry over to JS) and Ahmed Ali Akbar (the Parizaad fame did not garner any buzz for Idiot). Even Bilal had so much hype after Cheekh and PKS but he had a lull phase right after. Affan too had so much hype with 2 Bol and look now.

I think this is the era where content is king and not stars.

Only very few ptv actors break through to establish a stardom where their name and their presence is the star attraction. Fawad is one of them. Humayoun also. Like people say Fawad or Humayoun ka drama ya film aa rahi hai. But for the new lot, they would say Parizaad or Murtasim ka naya drama drama aa raha hai. I hesitate to put Danish here because he has that buzz when he dons one certain avatar. When he has a different avatar, the hype does not carry over.

The Fawads and Humayoun's have transcended hit or flop issues. Even a flop wouldn't make a dent to their stardom. Like you said, I don't think if it is even possible to have this stardom anymore. Bilal could be an interesting test case. Unlike the other guys, he has now had multiple iconic cktrs to his name. Does that mean his stardom will manage to rise above his shows & cktrs? Too early to say anything though. It's a a very fickle and fast moving marketplace now.

Danish is getting typecast as someone who plays toxic ML.I have never watched any of his shows but what I have understood is that he has played green flag MLs before but since his recent dramas have all had him playing toxic ML,people don't remember him much that way.I agree with you whatever you have said about stardom.It is very temporary and difficult to sustain.
Edited by G259 - 7 months ago
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Now it's really the show or the cktr that is the breakout hit but that hype and fandom for the show does not fully carry over to the actor's next projects. We see this Wahaj now. But we have seen this with Farhan (where MH hype did not carry over to JS) and Ahmed Ali Akbar (the Parizaad fame did not garner any buzz for Idiot). Even Bilal had so much hype after Cheekh and PKS but he had a lull phase right after. Affan too had so much hype with 2 Bol and look now.

Only very few ptv actors break through to establish a stardom where their name and their presence is the star attraction. Fawad is one of them. Humayoun also. Like people say Fawad or Humayoun ka drama ya film aa rahi hai. But for the new lot, they would say Parizaad or Murtasim ka naya drama drama aa raha hai. I hesitate to put Danish here because he has that buzz when he dons one certain avatar. When he has a different avatar, the hype does not carry over.

The Fawads and Humayoun's have transcended hit or flop issues. Even a flop wouldn't make a dent to their stardom. Like you said, I don't think if it is even possible to have this stardom anymore. Bilal could be an interesting test case. Unlike the other guys, he has now had multiple iconic cktrs to his name. Does that mean his stardom will manage to rise above his shows & cktrs? Too early to say anything though. It's a a very fickle and fast moving marketplace now.

One difference between Wahaj and those guys is the exposure . All those guys disappeared or took their time after their breakout shows while Wahaj is everywhere whether through photoshoots, ads or back to back shows.

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: G259

Danish is getting typecasted as someone who plays toxic ML.I have never watched any of his shows but what I have understood is that he has played green flag MLs before but since his recent dramas have all had him playing toxic ML,people don't remember him much that way.I agree with you whatever you have said about stardom.It is very temporary and difficult to sustain.

Danish has played multiple soft green flag cktrs in between his toxic ML shows but they don't get an audience, sadly. Chand Taara was between KTK and ReJ.

I think we now conflate cktr and show hype with actor hype because that is the template we are used to. Not just ptv but also other industries. it's a global trend. like Chris Evans as Captain America (or even RDJ as Iron Man) has an altogether different level of hype but Chris Evans or RDJ on their own in their other films do not get people into theatres the way a Will Smith or Tom Cruise does (what real og stardom was all about).

Yes. Like you said Fawad and Humayun (though I don't like Humayun for some reason) have that stardom but again they can't be counted in new generation actors. It's like they are from the older lot and they will have that status anyway. It's like Amitabh, SRK, Salman. They will have star status even if they don't do any work.

In Wahaj's case, I think hype is definitely there till now. But ofcourse not as much as TB/MK bcz not all projects become that successful or gain that level of global recognition. People not watching dramas also got to know of the show. So, it's anyway waste of time to think if he has same hype or same popularity. But he definitely is popular and I think will remain so till TB2 ends. After that really depends

hypnotoad thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

One difference between Wahaj and those guys is the exposure . All those guys disappeared or took their time after their breakout shows while Wahaj is everywhere whether through photoshoots, ads or back to back shows.

I mean look at Fawad. Him not being seen makes the anticipation of him in a comeback show that much more strong. Humayoun too. But when Ahmed disappeared after Parizaad, people forgot him.

That's what I was getting it. We are quick to label people as stars when the real star was content (either the show or the cktr).

When a real star is gone for long and comes back, there is anticipation of his return and the buzz is through the roof. Pathaan was not a good film but it made that much money because SRK was coming back after 4 years.

People thought Ahmed had become a star after Parizaad. But it was really Parizaad that was the star. If Ahmed had become a star then the anticipation of his return after 1.5 years would have given Idiot a lot of buzz or at least a strong opening. But people forgot about him

The same would have happened to Wahaj. If Wahaj had disappeared, people would have forgotten him the way they did Ahmed. Him being overexposed tells us the same thing that it was TB and Murtasim that were the real king.

My point is, either you disappear or do a lot of work, the hype cycle would have died down anyways because star hype is different from cktr/show hype.

Edited by hypnotoad - 7 months ago
2RsFan thumbnail

I mean look at Fawad. Him not being seen makes the anticipation of him in a comeback show that much more strong. HumayounBut when Ahmed disappeared after Parizaad, people forgot him.

That's what I was getting it. We are quick to label people as stars when the real star was content (either the show or the cktr).

When a real star is gone for long and comes back, there is anticipation of his return and the buzz is through the roof. Pathaan was not a good film but it made that much money because SRK was coming back after 4 years.

People thought Ahmed had become a star after Parizaad. But it was really Parizaad that was the star. If Ahmed had become a star then the anticipation of his return after 1.5 years would have given Idiot a lot of buzz or at least a strong opening. But people forgot about him

The same would have happened to Wahaj. If Wahaj had disappeared, people would have forgotten him the way they did Ahmed. Him being overexposed tells us the same thing that it was TB and Murtasim that were the real king.

My point is, either you disappear or do a lot of work, the hype cycle would have died down anyways because star hype is different from cktr/show hype.

Ya but the shows that Wahaj did after TB were really bad and universally panned. If SMD is critically acclaimed but gets low trps then we can say his hype is truly gone.

hypnotoad thumbnail

Those of you who were playing the guessing game on the bts, is it really yumhaj?

The nails are still confusing me.

https://x.com/putterchuttiker/status/1758190846938075191?s=20

2RsFan thumbnail

Those of you who were playing the guessing game on the bts, is it really yumhaj?

The nails are still confusing me.

https://x.com/putterchuttiker/status/1758190846938075191?s=20

I know it’s unlikely but Ayeza has long nailssmiley36

Edited by 2RsFan - 7 months ago

Danish has played multiple soft green flag cktrs in between his toxic ML shows but they don't get an audience, sadly. Chand Taara was between KTK and ReJ.

I think we now conflate cktr and show hype with actor hype because that is the template we are used to. Not just ptv but also other industries. it's a global trend. like Chris Evans as Captain America (or even RDJ as Iron Man) has an altogether different level of hype but Chris Evans or RDJ on their own in their other films do not get people into theatres the way a Will Smith or Tom Cruise does (what real og stardom was all about).

Agreed. For example I totally Love Chris Evans as Captain America but I hardly watched any of his other movies..

hypnotoad thumbnail

the mystery plot thickens

is it waiza?

https://x.com/forAyeza/status/1758198898948976725?s=20