Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

I am watching some other Wahaj older shows and he used to give so much effort whatever the outcome is and even if the character/show sucked . Again wondering what went so wrong with him and Mein ??

I’ve seen many of his older shows too and even if the show wasn’t great. wahaj managed to shine. One thing I noticed though is that Wahaj always had more to do in even a side role. I honestly think he intentionally played Zaid that way because Zaid was tired, stressed out, indecisive and confused. If you look at the behind the scenes footage, you can see that he actually has a lot of energy. I doubt he would just put so much into every character and just give up at the height of his career.

With a character as passive as Zaid, lines and dialogue become even more important because we can’t get his POV from his behaviour since he isn’t really jumping into action. Keeping in quiet and making him a silent observer worked in the story’s favour for a bit but they took it too far. They kept him quiet even in the end. What more could he have done?

I don’t know if this started with him having more focus and changed later but clearly Wahaj didn’t advocate enough for his role. From what I’ve heard, it sounds like he improvises and adds things in to enhance scenes. The actress that played Saad’s sister said that he suggested adding certain elements to her scene and they reshot it and her performance ended up being praised quite a bit. If he puts that much energy into enhancing his costar’s scenes, I can’t imagine that he just wouldn’t care about his own. Something went wrong where he just kind of let them completely sideline his character. I don’t know if they weren’t sure how it was going to end so they wanted to keep Zaid’s feelings a mystery and therefore gave him no lines.

I have a theory that I have completely made up but I feel this project was rushed. Maybe the there was no time for him to implement the little things that he normally does when a script is weak. In this case he had to rely on a strong script that didn’t require as much creative input from him…there was just no time to add those touches in he usually does.

Honestly though, the fact that Zaid had no lines even right at the end when both MJ and Ayra were talking to him makes me feel he was neglected in the process. They clearly didn’t have a proper definitive ending planned and had to keep us in the dark about his feelings. Because they neglected him so much, they couldn’t figure out themselves what to have him say that would make sense so they kept him quiet even until the last minute.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Yes it can be a rushed project just to cash on his hype from Tere Bin. If you noticed, the first episode of Mein has 26 mill views but no other episode even reached 15 mill views. I think Wahaj fans realised that they have been fooled and rightfully stopped watching it.

Agree with you. I know it's just a theory that he played Zaid like that deliberately and people might make fun of this opinion but it can actually be true. Because in all his BTS, I see him very active and giving suggestions, himself recording in one scene..But his underplaying just didn't work because the script was not solid. They just started making up as they went. Also they were not sure how to end the show. If they had the end in their mind right from the beginning, they could have executed a little better at least. Then also some scenes are edited in the final version and that must have further decreased his SS.

Anyway, one bad project and everyone is behind him 😂

Also how come he is unprofessional all of a sudden...

Btw I think Zaid's bedroom is the best bedroom I've seen in a pak drama...it was so classy and elegant smiley42Murtasims room looks pheka in front of zaids room.

If wahaj would have aced the styling and hair department, zaid could have been one of his best characters in terms of looks and statussmiley18

Originally posted by: Rashi23

Btw I think Zaid's bedroom is the best bedroom I've seen in a pak drama...it was so classy and elegant smiley42Murtasims room looks pheka in front of zaids room.

If wahaj would have aced the styling and hair department, zaid could have been one of his best characters in terms of looks and statussmiley18

Zaid's bedroom me kya tha? Plain hi toh tha..

I like four poster beds. So MK ke room ka bed I liked 😂 But haan otherwise room was okayish but they really personalised his room and that sitting area outside of his room in TB..

Zaid was just a plain boring guy I think. islie they didn't

Yesterday I went back and watched couple of episodes post zaid mj reception and zaid ayra reception and you know what I felt that his acting was up to the mark, mujhe aisa nahi laga that he's not giving his best or he's lacking somewhere. Look wise also he didn't look tired to me in those scenes.

But I must say zaid mj had so much potential, and zaid was sucha jerk. Sad that he didn’t even apologise to mj in the end.

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

Zaid's bedroom me kya tha? Plain hi toh tha..

I like four poster beds. So MK ke room ka bed I liked 😂 But haan otherwise room was okayish but they really personalised his room and that sitting area outside of his room in TB..

Zaid was just a plain boring guy I think. islie they didn't

Ha plain tha but I don't know why I really liked it. Like it was minimalistic but also had a royal and classy touch to it.

Edited by Rashi23 - 7 months ago

Yesterday I went back and watched couple of episodes post zaid mj reception and zaid ayra reception and you know what I felt that his acting was up to the mark, mujhe aisa nahi laga that he's not giving his best or he's lacking somewhere. Look wise also he didn't look tired to me in those scenes.

But I must say zaid mj had so much potential, and zaid was sucha jerk. Sad that he didn’t even apologise to mj in the end.

I toh never said that he hasn't acted well or he looks tired. I always said his character is not really likable.

Zaid MJ toh had so much potential. IDK why they had to do this. He should have said something at least in the end. But he is mute.

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

I toh never said that he hasn't acted well or he looks tired. I always said his character is not really likable.

Zaid MJ toh had so much potential. IDK why they had to do this. He should have said something at least in the end. But he is mute.

I'm saying people in general were of the opinion that he looked tired and bored to do the show so that's what I'm saying now that I went back and watched the show again I didn't feel like that.

True I got so irritated with him for being sucha ziddi and clueless guysmiley21

I'm saying people in general were of the opinion that he looked tired and bored to do the show so that's what I'm saying now that I went back and watched the show again I didn't feel like that.

True I got so irritated with him for being sucha ziddi and clueless guysmiley21

Haan. Each to their own I guess.

I didn't mind his performance in Mein.

Just didn't like Zaid as a character.