Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: tgota92

I usually disagree about the ageism nonsense but I have to agree that Ayeza styling MJ as a vamp did make her look older. The hair, makeup, contacts - it all added up. Especially since Wahaj had made his Zaid look younger than Wahaj’s actual age. So the discrepancy is there

What you are saying is fine.But people have age-shamed Ayeza.She might look older than him and anyone telling that is fine.But saying stuff like aunty,telling that she should only play mother in shows,calling them sibling Jodi,mother-son duo is gross.

Of course. People will take something and will bring it to a level of extreme toxicity. Which is not okay.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

You’ve clearly not checked out YT, X and insta 😂

I personally didn’t mind them. I thought they had cute scenes. Nothing special or anything but good enough for a show that’s not a love story but based on egos. Same with Wahaj Ayeza - nothing special. Appropriate enough for the kind of show it is.

But Badar definitely prioritised Ayra and the Zaid - Ayra scenes. There’s a lot of intimacy added. Perhaps some people were expecting the focus to be on the other pairing and it makes sense for it to not sit well with expectations

This is where the show has failed. There wasn’t supposed to be MJ-Zaid shippers at all cos Zaid never loved MJ. Everyone unanimously should have rooted for Zaid-Ayra and their love story is the one which should have been promoted from the beginning.

2RsFan thumbnail

Of course. People will take something and will bring it to a level of extreme toxicity. Which is not okay.

Sometimes I wonder if Tere Bin has been both a curse and blessing for Wahaj. It took his fame to another level but also gave him toxic stans.

I usually disagree about the ageism nonsense but I have to agree that Ayeza styling MJ as a vamp did make her look older. The hair, makeup, contacts - it all added up. Especially since Wahaj had made his Zaid look younger than Wahaj’s actual age. So the discrepancy is there

I don't know. I didn't really feel any thing as such. Also in my opinion, doesn't matter if one looks older or younger than the other. They should just look good together which they did according to me..

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

This is where the show has failed. There wasn’t supposed to be MJ-Zaid shippers at all cos Zaid never loved MJ. Everyone unanimously should have rooted for Zaid-Ayra and their love story is the one which should have been promoted from the beginning.

This shows that MJ-Zaid had potential and something was translated on screen when they shared SS. You see Polarised views bcz people definitely saw something and on top of it, they had promoted it with their names

2RsFan thumbnail

I am watching some other Wahaj older shows and he used to give so much effort whatever the outcome is and even if the character/show sucked . Again wondering what went so wrong with him and Mein ??

Edited by 2RsFan - 7 months ago

Which is why the marketing played such a huge role in people’s perception of the show. And it only did it a disservice, nothing else.

1. People waited and waited for something to evolve between Zaid and MJ after they got married and the assumption was that eventually they’ll be endgame - so every interaction was micro scrutinized - when honestly nothing was there except toxicity for the most part.

2. A lot of people still believe that MJ “changed for Zaid” - lol no she didn’t ! She changed so she could win at the game and beat Ayra. Winning Zaid was her winning at marriage and she didn’t want to fail at it. It was only much, MUCH later towards the end that she actually caught feelings. But even then her plotting continued. So a lot of people’s perception of MJ’s change is a lot of wishful thinking. It was never for him. It was a calculated move from her side. As the last few episodes proved, she was still very much the same. Mein n all, everything intact.

3. Audience kept waiting for Ayra and Zaid’s chapter to fizzle out - or for her to die (I’m included in this lol). Were any of us expecting her to get MARRIED to him? Of course not! So we kept waiting for Zaid to turn his head from Ayra towards MJ - but as the story progressed, Zaid just got even more obsessed with Ayra lol. So expectations of the audience had a huge role to play in this. But even despite that I consider it a huge win for Zaid Ayra that their shippers do exist and why won’t they? The mutual love story in this drama is just theirs. And you have Wahaj playing Zaid who does so much for Ayra. So the audience inclination as the story progressed makes sense. It also helps that Zaid and Ayra are the better morally sound people on the show. At least they’re not outright criminals or whatever.

Ultimately it’s an expectations game. Where the show failed so so much. And Badar milked this like crazy. He played us. That’s exactly what happened lol. Till the last episode we didn’t know what would happen and he kept us at the edge of our seats. He marketed MJ Zaid but showed us Zaid Ayra. It’s quite a game he played lol. And in my opinion it worked - they got the ratings and the TRPs they so badly wanted from this show. I don’t think they care about the criticism because it’s still technically a “hit” show. It followed a specific formula both in writing and in marketing and it worked like a charm.

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago

I am watching some other Wahaj older shows and he used to give so much effort whatever the outcome is and even if the character/show sucked . Again wondering what went so wrong with him and Mein ??

The character sketch he got - battle of egos between father and son - was not what Zaid actually turned out to be on paper. Actors can’t do a lot where there’s no substance in script. No fleshed out scenes with scope for performance. It required pretty basic acting so he probably got bored.

The polygamy plot definitely didn’t help either. The story completely went off track and became this domestic thriller instead of an actually engaging battle of egos concept that was probably fed to him when he signed it.

ultimately though, he signed it himself and he’s not a baby. He should have dug deeper and actually read the first couple of scripts. It’s obvious he didn’t. Because just the first few scripts tell you this is not really Zaid’s story at all.

2RsFan thumbnail

The character sketch he got - battle of egos between father and son - was not what Zaid actually turned out to be on paper. Actors can’t do a lot where there’s no substance in script. No fleshed out scenes with scope for performance. It required pretty basic acting so he probably got bored.

The polygamy plot definitely didn’t help either. The story completely went off track and became this domestic thriller instead of an actually engaging battle of egos concept that was probably fed to him when he signed it.

ultimately though, he signed it himself and he’s not a baby. He should have dug deeper and actually read the first couple of scripts. It’s obvious he didn’t. Because just the first few scripts tell you this is not really Zaid’s story at all.

Yes no actor is perfect and everyone has made at least one blunder in their careers smiley36Hope the criticism from Mein makes him more serious for his next projects.