Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

When you lived and had your education in your country, even if you settle outside later on in your adulthood, you can't develop different accent easily..yes, I know many people can adapt westernised accent. But generally it's difficult. Yes you will develop a slight accent but core toh same hota hai.

When speaking with western people on calls, I toh can't fake my accent only. I don't even try. Bcz I feel, if I try, it would look like I am being a wannabe 😂 Especially bcz I have south Indian accent 😂

This is very true that you retain at least part of your accent if you move to another country after a certain age. I live in Canada and there are a ton of international students here mostly from India and they have very prominent Indian accents. My parents came here over 35 years ago and still have accents. They are educated and were always fluent in English and I’m sure it’s softened over the years but they definitely still have retained their accents.

I didn’t find anything wrong with how Wahaj or Ayeza spoke in English. They are supposed to be from Pakistan so I would expect them to have Pakistani accents when speaking English. I didn’t find much of a difference between how they spoke compared to others. I don’t know if it’s because I’m born and raised in Canada so I’m not good at distinguishing elite vs regular English within Pakistan. Maybe if I lived in Pakistan, I would feel differently. One thing I hate and can immediately distinguish is a fake accent. I think people should be proud of themselves and true to who they are, it’s so much more authentic. Good for you for not faking an accent.

unicornhugs thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rashi23

You guys remember the mock photoshoot he did with yumna and sabeena, god he looked like a kid infront of yumna in that pssmiley36

The moustache look really helped him look mature and hot.

Seriously I would have never been able to take Murtasim seriously if that’s how he looked 😂
unicornhugs thumbnail

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

If you ask me I don't really mind if female looks older. What matters is how good they look with each other and how in sink they are with each other. Waise toh I loved Meerasim and there were times when for me, Meerab looked older than him. But it doesn't matter because chemistry is really good. Ab Wahaj looks younger than he is so can't help it. Hahaha!

Same thing I find in case if Zaid & Mubashira. Of course can't compare with TB bcz in TB, they were romantically involved and in Mein they weren't. But visually I really really liked them. Didn't really find anything out of place. But yes, I agree it's subjective and others might not agree

I really liked Wahaj and Ayeza together even if she did look older. I think it’s okay for the woman to look older, it’s just how they look on the whole that determines if they suit one another visually. They complement each other nicely and they have a spark when they’re on screen. They also have a nice height difference that is visually appealing. I don’t know why but I thought Ayeza was tall. She just looks tall. She was shorter than Wahaj even with heels on so I guess she isn’t as tall as I thought. Does anyone know how tall she is.
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

I really liked Wahaj and Ayeza together even if she did look older. I think it’s okay for the woman to look older, it’s just how they look on the whole that determines if they suit one another visually. They complement each other nicely and they have a spark when they’re on screen. They also have a nice height difference that is visually appealing. I don’t know why but I thought Ayeza was tall. She just looks tall. She was shorter than Wahaj even with heels on so I guess she isn’t as tall as I thought. Does anyone know how tall she is.

She is really short . 5’2 or 5’3

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

https://youtu.be/gr1bV9F-Eng?si=97MrBRkpdPLOt2jAIn the rain scene, Wahaj was barefooted and Ayeza was significantly shorter than her.

At 0:15

Edited by 2RsFan - 7 months ago
unicornhugs thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

She is really short . 5’2 or 5’3

She’s a shorty like me. I don’t know why but when you look at her individually, she looks tall. I only noticed because she’s significantly shorter than Wahaj.

This is very true that you retain at least part of your accent if you move to another country after a certain age. I live in Canada and there are a ton of international students here mostly from India and they have very prominent Indian accents. My parents came here over 35 years ago and still have accents. They are educated and were always fluent in English and I’m sure it’s softened over the years but they definitely still have retained their accents.

I didn’t find anything wrong with how Wahaj or Ayeza spoke in English. They are supposed to be from Pakistan so I would expect them to have Pakistani accents when speaking English. I didn’t find much of a difference between how they spoke compared to others. I don’t know if it’s because I’m born and raised in Canada so I’m not good at distinguishing elite vs regular English within Pakistan. Maybe if I lived in Pakistan, I would feel differently. One thing I hate and can immediately distinguish is a fake accent. I think people should be proud of themselves and true to who they are, it’s so much more authentic. Good for you for not faking an accent.

Ohh yes. First generation will definitely retain their original accents. Also, like you pointed out, you find the accents similar bcz you can't differentiate. My lecturer once asked me if we can differentiate accents from diff parts of India and I said yes. I asked him don't you find difference in my accent and student from another south Indian state, so he was like no. I find it similar. But he was able to differentiate little bit between me and a north Indian friend. He said you have strong accent when compared to that North Indian friend. About Wahaj and Ayeza, it's not about accent. It's about pronunciation. Their pronunciation seems a little off for a well educated elite modern family in Mein.

I don't fake an accent bcz I came recently for a course. But I see people faking it. You can differentiate between who developed an accent vs who are faking it

Seriously I would have never been able to take Murtasim seriously if that’s how he looked 😂

It would have been like watching POGO Murtasim 😛😂😂

Yes that's what I meant. Forget about chemistry. Visually I really really like them. Infact our of all women, visually I like Wahaj with Ayeza more. Both individually beautiful looking people. Both have that delicate and petite thing going on as a whole frame. They shared less screen space but in whatever ss they had, I really liked the chemistry. There was spark. Yeah the height difference also looks good. Really? Is she that short? She looks tall when I imagine her though..

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

https://youtu.be/gr1bV9F-Eng?si=97MrBRkpdPLOt2jAIn the rain scene, Wahaj was barefooted and Ayeza was significantly shorter than her.

At 0:15

My blood is boiling. Why did they have to give this scene? If there was no damn progression