Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

Arey even I don't like him for some reason but I watched it coincidentally. Also I liked that he accepted that he makes wrong choices frequently as an actor. Took his character names. Bola pata nai kya hojata hai ke I just do such roles πŸ˜‚ But Mai Kuch ache bhi karta hun.. Said I didn't know how to say No to people islie us chakkar me dramas hojate theπŸ˜‚

Haan Eng pronunciation is off definitely. I think his and Ayeza's eng must not be that good & nothing wrong with it. But I feel, if you have such character, director should make sure that they take few lessons and practice the pronunciation.

Now, if someone is rich doesn't mean their Eng should be good.. but in Mein's case, Asif is so good & Zaid is an educated man. So his eng should be good.

Upar se May I ki jaga Can I πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

Okay. Main dekhti hoon phir smiley36

As I said earlier they wanted them to speak with an accent. The actors should have worked on it & the director should also have paid attention. IM main Shibra said butter ke oopar toast lagati hoon, Farooq Rind was also sleeping at that time.

Educated hunge tou english tou aani chahiye as per norm smiley36

Grammatical mistakes zyada nahin dikhti, pronounciation sab notice karte hain.

Originally posted by: G259

A similar discussion happened in Reddit recently.If we go by the current Info in wiki,it is creepy but they are going strong in their relationship MashaAllah.So,works for them I guess.

Also see, yes, on paper it definitely looks creepy because one of them isn't of legal age. But how will you decide who matures when. You see this happening in many cases and it's not uncommon. Not justifying it but if it's the same age difference when both are of legal age, it suddenly becomes ok. I know it's because people tend to be have the capacity to make their decisions by 18 but still...

I wouldn't prefer someone dating even 18 year old but if it works for them then each to their own I guess as long as you aren't exploiting..

Arey even I don't like him for some reason but I watched it coincidentally. Also I liked that he accepted that he makes wrong choices frequently as an actor. Took his character names. Bola pata nai kya hojata hai ke I just do such roles πŸ˜‚ But Mai Kuch ache bhi karta hun.. Said I didn't know how to say No to people islie us chakkar me dramas hojate theπŸ˜‚

Haan Eng pronunciation is off definitely. I think his and Ayeza's eng must not be that good & nothing wrong with it. But I feel, if you have such character, director should make sure that they take few lessons and practice the pronunciation.

Now, if someone is rich doesn't mean their Eng should be good.. but in Mein's case, Asif is so good & Zaid is an educated man. So his eng should be good.

Upar se May I ki jaga Can I πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

Both Ayeza and Wahaj aren't great in English I guess.Wahaj has mispronounced words a few times and Ayeza usually doesn't talk much in English if you notice her IVs.Even if she starts with English,she switches to Urdu soon.Not that it is an issue.But for Mein it became an issue.

Originally posted by: Haalim

As I said earlier they wanted them to speak with an accent. The actors should have worked on it & the director should also have paid attention. IM main Shibra said butter ke oopar toast lagati hoon, Farooq Rind was also sleeping at that time.

Haan pronunciation people notice.. But I feel accent toh is fine. Not everyone will have westernized accent. But I see most ptv actors having this fake accent/pronunciation. At least to me it looks fake. Very few have normal accent and few have westernized accent but it looks natural on them. May be bcz some of them had their education in such countries

Also see, yes, on paper it definitely looks creepy because one of them isn't of legal age. But how will you decide who matures when. You see this happening in many cases and it's not uncommon. Not justifying it but if it's the same age difference when both are of legal age, it suddenly becomes ok. I know it's because people tend to be have the capacity to make their decisions by 18 but still...

I wouldn't prefer someone dating even 18 year old but if it works for them then each to their own I guess as long as you aren't exploiting..

She was a minor then so it feels uncomfortable.But now they are happily married with 2 kids sosmiley1.Not justifying it in anyway at all.

Haan pronunciation people notice.. But I feel accent toh is fine. Not everyone will have westernized accent. But I see most ptv actors having this fake accent/pronunciation. At least to me it looks fake. Very few have normal accent and few have westernized accent but it looks natural on them. May be bcz some of them had their education in such countries

Agree.Accent isn't westernized for most of us unless the education has happened in such a country.But pronunciation sahi honi chahiye.

Both Ayeza and Wahaj aren't great in English I guess.Wahaj has mispronounced words a few times and Ayeza usually doesn't talk much in English if you notice her IVs.Even if she starts with English,she switches to Urdu soon.Not that it is an issue.But for Mein it became an issue.

Yes. I was telling the same thing to my friend that Wahaj & Ayeza both don't speak in Eng much. They mostly talk in Urdu and it's totally fine. I like they don't try to fake it at least.

But like you said, it becomes a problem in Mein bcz they clearly were from a modern, educated family. Asif and Jaffar are examples. So Zaid & Mub should have had that training.

Now if they are rich like Zameendars or any other businessmen where you are not that posh then you can understand. Again I understand being modern or educated in English medium doesn't mean you should have good English but in Mein's case it was 😁

Agree.Accent isn't westernized for most of us unless the education has happened in such a country.But pronunciation sahi honi chahiye.

When you lived and had your education in your country, even if you settle outside later on in your adulthood, you can't develop different accent easily..yes, I know many people can adapt westernised accent. But generally it's difficult. Yes you will develop a slight accent but core toh same hota hai.

When speaking with western people on calls, I toh can't fake my accent only. I don't even try. Bcz I feel, if I try, it would look like I am being a wannabe πŸ˜‚ Especially bcz I have south Indian accent πŸ˜‚

Originally posted by: Haalim

Imran also told Amna ke ye bhi sahi nahi hai when actors are criticized for not speaking good English. You can't judge based on eng. Amna was taken back. She was like no no..not actors. We talk about character πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

When you lived and had your education in your country, even if you settle outside later on in your adulthood, you can't develop different accent easily..yes, I know many people can adapt westernised accent. But generally it's difficult. Yes you will develop a slight accent but core toh same hota hai.

When speaking with western people on calls, I toh can't fake my accent only. I don't even try. Bcz I feel, if I try, it would look like I am being a wannabe πŸ˜‚ Especially bcz I have south Indian accent πŸ˜‚

I never try to fake my accent.So unnecessary!