Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Taz990 thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

I wonder what makes them decide to air the least liked one - was clearly not a popular ending.

Funny thing is so many people didn't even seem to understand what the ending was.

Originally posted by: Taz990

I wonder what makes them decide to air the least liked one - was clearly not a popular ending.

Funny thing is so many people didn't even seem to understand what the ending was.

Even if it was the least liked, it was the most appropriate one.You are right about many people not understanding the ending.
Taz990 thumbnail

I don't have a issue with the ending in theory. It makes sense for the characters. The problem is the execution in between means there is a big disconnect between what the writer intended to show and the translation to what appears on screen.

There is no flow or cohesion for the main three characters. For example how we were supposed to interpret Ayra was as a strong character who was just in her dealings with everyone else, loved Zaid but she was wronged by everyone Because she was wronged she gets a ending where she is free and somewhat happy.

Zaid, Mubashira, Asif and Rayyan are all supposed to be her culprits so they are all punished to various degrees accordingly. For me this didn't come across as intended therefore the ending didn't make sense.

I don't have a issue with the ending in theory. It makes sense for the characters. The problem is the execution in between means there is a big disconnect between what the writer intended to show and the translation to what appears on screen.

There is no flow or cohesion for the main three characters. For example how we were supposed to interpret Ayra was as a strong character who was just in her dealings with everyone else, loved Zaid but she was wronged by everyone Because she was wronged she gets a ending where she is free and somewhat happy.

Zaid, Mubashira, Asif and Rayyan are all supposed to be her culprits so they are all punished to various degrees accordingly. For me this didn't come across as intended therefore the ending didn't make sense.

They failed in execution.The last episode had many inconsistencies.

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

I am so glad he did not post. I had zero appetite for Lida ke behooda comments under a child's birthday post. Next thing you know she will be tagging Amirah ranting about Maya being a sl** who sleeps with all men and Wahaj's mistress smiley7

I am glad Wahaj is off SM. I will be thousand times more glad if we don't get bts pics, gym pics and selfies with some rando fan every other day. I want Wahaj to disappear completely for 2-3 months and come back when SMD airs. It would help build anticipation for him and SMD. Also, he needs to take a break now because the negativity and hate train when SMD starts is going to be unbearable so he better prepare himself now for that onslaught.

Why doesn't everybody report that account, I saw her spewing garbage under sana's comment on mayas postsmiley35

When smd airs, I want maya, wahaj and his family to go on a long vacation and cut off from the sm because the level of bashing and shaming will be on the another level, the haters are just waiting for the show to come so that they can display their hate and enjoy their failuresmiley18

Originally posted by: Rashi23

https://twitter.com/marjawaaan/status/1755787163906548177?t=v5bGRpPnA8Ik9RZ-eW8zQw&s=19

On contrary there was never a dull moment in zaid mubashira scenes, despite their characters not being in love with each other they still had spark maybe because of their clashing and dynamic personalities...The above scene is smiley27

Ayra and zaid were too boring to be together.

I love this scene. As soon as she says anything for you, the way he turns.. ,😍 It was different the way Wahaj turns and gives that look😍

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Exactly . Even their hate scenes had so much intensity. Wahaj once said that his co-star’s energy needs to match his otherwise he won’t be able to perform well. No his scenes were Azekah were so lame.

Azekah & him toh used to look like bro sis to me. I never watched their supposed romantic scenes. Skip skip

Taz990 thumbnail

Do they never do screen tests to see if actors have any compatibility or do they just pick whoever they want and stick them together.

Do they never do screen tests to see if actors have any compatibility or do they just pick whoever they want and stick them together.

Yes that's what I was thinking bcz at least in itv movies & shows I think they do screen tests in many shows. But I think many times they want certain actors. In Mein's case toh Azekah obviously was constant bcz she's a fav. Now they should have just casted someone who she can have some sort of chem with..

Wahaj & Ayeza looked good in terms of chem..

Originally posted by: G259

Even if it was the least liked, it was the most appropriate one.You are right about many people not understanding the ending.

It’s okay. People generally have a hard time accepting endings that aren’t happy.

Even before the finale aired it was quite obvious where logically the story should go. Ayra’s trust in Zaid was broken so it was clear she would leave him. Zaid was dismissive of MJ again post Turkey and mistrusting her (which she did nothing to rectify), so again it was clear they were stuck at the same place.

The only thing unclear was if Zaid would stay with Asif. And I’m glad they showed that he left. It was about time and the story followed logic there too. The writer always meant to separate everyone - punish everyone for not growing out of their Mein. It was always going to end in tragedy. It’s one of those “moral lesson” stories.