chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

Ohh wow! You are watching it too?

I have already developed a soft spot for Barlas & Apana.. šŸ˜‚

But looks like Barlas will die too eventually

I'm not developing any soft spot for any character there. šŸ¤­

She will kill them all and might end up dying too ..who knows!

It's visually very stunning. šŸ‘Œ

Edited by chicksoup - 8 months ago

This is why I canā€™t watch Khaai. Even though I really want to lol. Depends if it has a good ending. If it does I might binge watch it later.

I feel sheā€™s gonna kill them all and then later realise sheā€™s pregnant šŸ˜‚ Whatā€™s she gonna do then? Kill her own baby too for being an heir to that family? šŸ¤­ I feel some poetic justice will be served to her at the end - coz it has to end at some point right ? Her revenge saga. So either she dies too or she realises that she can never win in revenge - through her pregnancy lol - Fate deciding for her and what not šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

anyway itā€™s too morbid and it scares me. And Iā€™m not even watching it šŸ˜‚ Like thereā€™s a kid in there she might end up killing too. Soā€¦ NOPE šŸ«£

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

Ahh! I thought you wouldn't agree that's the reason I tagged only Rashi (for obvious reasons, we don't like Ayra & Azekah's performance & her having more Mein than all combined) šŸ˜œšŸ˜œ

I don't dislike Ayra but I do think that she had Mein and her own flaws.I want to say one thing honestly that I always had a soft corner for MJ despite her questionable actions.I am not blind to her faults and hence am glad that she didn't end up with Zaid.The most disappointing thing was her behaviour during this entire Rayyan fiasco.Like she had zero conscience.How can a person be so casual about this issue?Even in the last episode she said "nashe mein log jhooth bolte Hain"Like girl are you serious?YOU DO KNOW THAT YOUR BROTHER IS THE CULPRIT! Still I couldn't stop myself from feeling bad for her when she was walking alone with the OST playing in the background.Ayra also suffered throughout the show.She had every right to end her relationship with Zaid because of what she went through but I kind of felt she put the entire blame on him.
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: tgota92

I donā€™t trust Khalil ur Rehman Qamar as a writer. He has problematic views which he translates beautifully in script form šŸ˜‚ And heā€™s very strict about his script. He tolerates no changes at all.

I just find his thought process very misogynistic but yes heā€™s got a way with words and his writing is poetic and beautiful. Also usually his heroes are saints and the women are the problematic ones who need redemption lol. But letā€™s see.

Iā€™ll judge it based on the teasers.

But his male heroes always have good heroes, thatā€™s why I expect a good performance from Wahaj.

I donā€™t trust Khalil ur Rehman Qamar as a writer. He has problematic views which he translates beautifully in script form šŸ˜‚ And heā€™s very strict about his script. He tolerates no changes at all.

I just find his thought process very misogynistic but yes heā€™s got a way with words and his writing is poetic and beautiful. Also usually his heroes are saints and the women are the problematic ones who need redemption lol. But letā€™s see.

Iā€™ll judge it based on the teasers.

Mere Paas Tum Ho says Hismiley36
unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: chicksoup

Actually he didn't walk away from Ayra ashamed or broken. Despite the many I love yous, she told it was just based on trust and there was no love. He had confessed to his friend and his sister too that it was not love really. And the final yacht scene also he's confident of what lies ahead and doesn't mourn anyone. His fb of what transpired with Ayra ends on the couch. That chapter of Ayra is closed there.

When MJ comes to him, it's a lot of things going through his mind, foremost of which will be his relationship with his father and how he will have to forego it completely. All his efforts to keep his family together have been wasted and he has lost every relationship except for his sister. That's when MJ comes to him. This is in line with the writer's view of the father- son clash.

And that's why he's able to appreciate her talking about falling in love and he has no emotions when she talks about Ayra. Otherwise there would have been a tinge of anger somewhere.

Agreed, he was not ashamed. After everything she said, I feel he was done too. He tells the bhabi to take care hamesha. There was closure there. I honestly feel Zaid needed to be liberated from his relationship with Ayra. He was never going to be appreciated in that relationship. I personally donā€™t think Ayra ever wanted to get married. She has different goals which she will live out now. One thing they cleared up is that there was no love between them especially when they were married despite them declaring it repeatedly.

In contrast, Zaidā€™s expressions showed more empathy towards MJ. With Ayra, I didnā€™t feel like he was agreeing with her. Zaid had one wife tell him she fell out of love before she married him and the other one tell him that she ended up falling in love with him. However Zaidā€™s efforts were always geared towards preserving his relationship with Ayra up until he accepted it was done. His words to the bhabi put closure on the relationship from Zaidā€™s side too. We didnā€™t get the same closure on his end for MJ. Clearly they are not together but there wasnā€™t definitive closure from Zaidā€™s end thereā€¦they could have shown him sign the papers. Maybe it was more important to show that he was finally done with Ayra and accepted the relationship was done. For MJ, it was important to show that she can let go of Zaid too. They obviously all need time on their own to self reflect. Zaid is still searching for his own identity.

I really wish Zaid got some lines to tell us how he is feeling specifically not just in general terms. Every other character got this.

chicksoup thumbnail

This is why I canā€™t watch Khaai. Even though I really want to lol. Depends if it has a good ending. If it does I might binge watch it later.

I feel sheā€™s gonna kill them all and then later realise sheā€™s pregnant šŸ˜‚ Whatā€™s she gonna do then? Kill her own baby too for being an heir to that family? šŸ¤­ I feel some poetic justice will be served to her at the end - coz it has to end at some point right ? Her revenge saga. So either she dies too or she realises that she can never win in revenge - through her pregnancy lol - Fate deciding for her and what not šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

anyway itā€™s too morbid and it scares me. And Iā€™m not even watching it šŸ˜‚ Like thereā€™s a kid in there she might end up killing too. Soā€¦ NOPE šŸ«£

The first person she killed is a kid. It might get tougher for her down the line because she will develop feelings for the family. Yes, I thought too what if she gets pregnant. Well, if it's a girl child she won't have to kill it. šŸ˜‰

chicksoup thumbnail

Originally posted by: G259

I watched it for the first time today after seeing your post.I also agreed with them.They basically pointed out all the issues I had with the episode.But I had overlooked them because the ending was the way I wanted it to be.

Is there a link to this?

It was a very disconnected episode. They gave that villainous music to MJ while she was planning her future - totally unnecessary and out of place when she was going for khula.

Also that jarring dialogue to Zaid that she'd never stand against a woman's honour - director forgot how she blackmailed her way into getting the contract?!

Likewise, Zaid walking on the street in full suit after break up with Ayra-it looked so odd and out of place. Some segments were good like both family garden scene and MJ garden scene. Actually on the whole it looked quite disconnected.

chicksoup thumbnail

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

Agreed, he was not ashamed. After everything she said, I feel he was done too. He tells the bhabi to take care hamesha. There was closure there. I honestly feel Zaid needed to be liberated from his relationship with Ayra. He was never going to be appreciated in that relationship. I personally donā€™t think Ayra ever wanted to get married. She has different goals which she will live out now. One thing they cleared up is that there was no love between them especially when they were married despite them declaring it repeatedly.

In contrast, Zaidā€™s expressions showed more empathy towards MJ. With Ayra, I didnā€™t feel like he was agreeing with her. Zaid had one wife tell him she fell out of love before she married him and the other one tell him that she ended up falling in love with him. However Zaidā€™s efforts were always geared towards preserving his relationship with Ayra up until he accepted it was done. His words to the bhabi put closure on the relationship from Zaidā€™s side too. We didnā€™t get the same closure on his end for MJ. Clearly they are not together but there wasnā€™t definitive closure from Zaidā€™s end thereā€¦they could have shown him sign the papers. Maybe it was more important to show that he was finally done with Ayra and accepted the relationship was done. For MJ, it was important to show that she can let go of Zaid too. They obviously all need time on their own to self reflect. Zaid is still searching for his own identity.

I really wish Zaid got some lines to tell us how he is feeling specifically not just in general terms. Every other character got this.

Ayra is not a girl who is the marrying type, really. She's too demanding for a normal guy. Even Zaid found her demanding, so she'll need a guy to be her slave and no idea if she will respect a person like that.

Yes, I don't know why the director left the MJ angle so open ended...he obviously felt something for her because his intense reaction was that she betrayed him. May be he didn't want to process her after that and she sensed it too, that's why she offered the khula.

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

But his male heroes always have good heroes, thatā€™s why I expect a good performance from Wahaj.

He will eat up the script. Like he did in Teri Meri Kahaaniyaan. He was so so amazing with KRQā€™s script in that.

Khalil ur Rehman might have problematic ideas but his scenes and lines are pure beauty. I hate the man but I canā€™t deny heā€™s talented as hell when it comes to words. Even in TMK I didnā€™t agree with what he was saying but god, did he say it beautifully. He had me agreeing with him at the end even though I should know better lol.

Also he doesnā€™t do the lame shayari we got from Zanjabeel in Mein. Khalil ur rehmans words are more poignant yet concise.

Edited by tgota92 - 8 months ago