Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: arshi1983

Mein was a fun ride, largely thanks to u ppl! Taking a break from Pak TV and looking forward to reconnecting in SMD forum in 3 mths. I have a feeling it will serve, given the writer's knack for stirring up controversial questions :).

Is anyone watching Khaie? Hearing great things abt it, so planning to binge watch it once it gets over.

Yes, Khaie is good. I hope they don't drag it finally. It's really taken well so far and no expectations since it is clearly written as a revenge story.

chicksoup thumbnail

Originally posted by: tgota92

The unrequited love really hits you hard in the last episode.

1. Zaid ready to believe the worst from her. Doubt there was much trust to begin with but whatever little there might have been totally broke in the garden scene. He was quiet but you could tell how easy it was for him to believe Rayyan. Made me think of the window scene after Ayra gets fired and he notices MJ gloating about it- and he glared at her in that moment. So yeah… even back then he could tell she was not to be trusted. Things like that make it easy for him to write her off as someone capable of doing anything to get what she wants.

2. He seemed completely disinterested in her confession. His head bowed down, he was lost in his own depression from the whole Ayra situation and how she left him. I counted an entire minute of MJ rambling and he’s just not even moving his head lol. Then when he finally looks up he doesn’t make eye contact. The only time he does is when she confesses that she fell for him. And it’s shocking for him - he probably wrote off everything she said or did as her being fake so this was unexpected for him. And to say it when things are finished between them also took him by surprise. But as soon as she brings up the Rayyan thing again he breaks eye contact again and looks uncomfortable. He just can’t trust her words. And she knows it. The only mercy he can grant her is the Khulla she asks for. Which he does. She can’t ask more from him.

3. The sandal scene. Even here when MJ is confessing her feelings he’s not making eye contact, although she is trying to. He’s looking ahead, disinterested and aloof. A bit uncomfortable. Its clear these words are outside the boundaries he’s set with her so he can’t do much but look away. Wahaj played it really nicely here. Distant but kind at the same time. Even when he grabs her hand she is the one who looks taken aback but he’s normal about it. A sweet moment but you can tell it means more for her than it does for him.

💔

Actually he didn't walk away from Ayra ashamed or broken. Despite the many I love yous, she told it was just based on trust and there was no love. He had confessed to his friend and his sister too that it was not love really. And the final yacht scene also he's confident of what lies ahead and doesn't mourn anyone. His fb of what transpired with Ayra ends on the couch. That chapter of Ayra is closed there.

When MJ comes to him, it's a lot of things going through his mind, foremost of which will be his relationship with his father and how he will have to forego it completely. All his efforts to keep his family together have been wasted and he has lost every relationship except for his sister. That's when MJ comes to him. This is in line with the writer's view of the father- son clash.

And that's why he's able to appreciate her talking about falling in love and he has no emotions when she talks about Ayra. Otherwise there would have been a tinge of anger somewhere.

Edited by chicksoup - 8 months ago
chicksoup thumbnail

I am searching for my loved ones within myself. I have become tired, I am also winning as well. I don't have any expectations from me but I am completing all the expectations. I have a heart, a brain , also I have a few broken and incomplete realisations. Iam searching for myself and shattering. Even I am not present within myself anymore. Now my eyes don't tear, but the pain is never ending . The entire fight is about self esteem and it doesn't lessen from within.

This is the monologue just before Mubashira comes in. He's walking on the streets liberated as well as searching when this happens...it's him growing up emotionally because he has some major decisions on his life ahead of him. So him not realising she was talking was because of all this heavy duty stuff happening, and not mourning over Ayra. It was never that difficult for Zaid to get over Ayra or Ayra to get over Zaid.

Originally posted by: arshi1983

Mein was a fun ride, largely thanks to u ppl! Taking a break from Pak TV and looking forward to reconnecting in SMD forum in 3 mths. I have a feeling it will serve, given the writer's knack for stirring up controversial questions :).

Is anyone watching Khaie? Hearing great things abt it, so planning to binge watch it once it gets over.

Hey! It was great interacting with you. Though you didn't come as often as we did. But I always resonated with your opinions.

Also yes, I am watching Khaie. Binge watched just this week. You should really give it a try. I hope we can meet in Khaie's thread..

Watched SH's Mein review & I agreed with them in that review

Originally posted by: chicksoup

Yes, Khaie is good. I hope they don't drag it finally. It's really taken well so far and no expectations since it is clearly written as a revenge story.

Ohh wow! You are watching it too?

I have already developed a soft spot for Barlas & Apana.. 😂

But looks like Barlas will die too eventually

My post was about unrequited love of MJ’s not about Ayra at all. Agree to disagree on you there though. I feel throughout this show the ONE relationship Zaid has kept above all others and prioritised is

1. Ayra

That’s it. She’s the main influencer for all his decisions. You might not like it or whatever but the drama has actually not been that deep regarding what the main arcs are:

Asif is a villain through and through. MJ is a sympathetic villain who happens to accidentally fall for a man who doesn’t love her back. (Even that love is a big question because it comes with her Mein intact and total lack of honesty and trust). Zaid loves Ayra and Ayra has her ups and downs regarding her love/trust for Zaid. Understandable given her history with his family.

If you’ve fought so hard for a relationship and put it as your number 1 all throughout, the moment it crashes you’re still reeling from it. The Zaid MJ sees is a defeated Zaid. Who’s lost the most important relationship in his life. Ayra. And is about to walk away from his family too. He didn’t have to because Ayra is gone so why does he? It’s because he blames his father and MJ for a lot of wrong that happened between him and Ayra. And he can never ever trust either of them again. Because it’s not love really when you’re willing to hurt someone who that person cares the most about. Asif doesn’t love Zaid. Not really. Neither does MJ. Otherwise they would never have tried to hurt Ayra or scheme against her. It’s like someone claiming they love me but then try to hurt someone I care about the most! Is that really love? Of course not. Asif and MJ’s love is filled with their own Mein.

Love in its purest form doesn’t exist in this show. The closest is probably Ayra and her brother Aamir’s familial love.

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

Watched SH's Mein review & I agreed with them in that review

Ya they are on same page as us...even they don't feel sympathy for ayra, although she went through a lot, and they reasoned this by saying that azeekahs performance was weak and she couldn't really be on par with wahaj and ayeza despite having much more ss than them...and people always thought that he would end up with mj inspite of her putting up the act of niceness..

They summed up the review well, also about mjs confession they had a problem like we pointed out that zaid never gave her equal rights as ayra and mistreated her a lot so her praising him didn't make sense to them..

Edited by Rashi23 - 8 months ago

Wahaj came online to support his sports friend but didnt really put up anything related to meins last episode smiley22

Atleast kaddu uncle makes sure he and yumna reposts all the tb related stories he shares but big bang doesn't care only about these things though ironically they made this show for trpssmiley39