Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Charu21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Padmajaan

Hi everyone, I am joining the bandwagon here with my attempt at Tum ko dekha toh ye khayal aya. smiley1

https://record.reverb.chat/embed/EHynMIGSaBZvDKH4u8Ai

Original song

https://youtu.be/PnH56Koh_TY?si=75PXWOP6CfA-DgNY

Arre waah.. welcome to the thread..

Very beautifully sung.. Thehraav ke sath, which is so necessary for this song. 👏

Keep sharing your songs..

Charu21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheGirlofRagas

Guys I submitted my R5 😎😎

Music Day pe hi submission karne ka mission finish

Oh wow!! That is just awesome!

I am done with songs selection but can't record in weekends so will do it in next week only. I need complete privacy for this. smiley36

Charu21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Alright, finally got a free afternoon and listened to all the songs I was tagged on.

Charu: Aye Dil-e-Nadaan

When I heard you strike the first note... I was like, wait am I listening to the original? Your voice has that distinct 'khanak' that is made for recording artists. You're halfway there to becoming one. Wonderful effort.

Charu & NP: Tere bina zindagi se koi

This used to be one of my favorite songs growing up. The lyrics remain unmatched like only Gulzar can do. How beautifully he sums up one of life's complex paradoxes. Aahhh.. a beauty of a song.

And so so well sung. I forgot Kishoreda sings only one antara in this and was waiting a long time to hear you come on, NP. Charu, you were wonderful as always, but I have to make a special mention of NP. I think you toned down the natural exuberance in your voice to suit this song and that mellowness and angst was very well captured. Great work, both of you.

Also, do join in on the Antakshari thread..that's been real soona soona for a while now! smiley13

Woahh! Yaar you are occupied with a lot still gave such a detailed comment for everyone. That's so sweet of you. ❤️

Thank you sooooo much.. smiley31 Ae Dil e Nadan is one of my favourites (from my recent recordings). Was on the cards for so long. Had tried it once last year but couldn't do justice so dropped the idea.. This time it was still better.

Tere Bina Zindagi I had recorded my part one year back, I can clearly see how shaky my voice was at some places. I sounded nervous too. But this I am able to see only now, as thanks to StarMaker and regular singing, I can see so much change in my voice. Happy with the progress..

Uff.. kuchh zyada hi likh diya.. 😅

I would surely join Antakshari thread in next week. And once I am done with VoIF, I would be regular overthere. 🥳

Grey-licious thumbnail

Vying for Vintage

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

4 songs and just 2:40 minutes. Lagta hai songs ka sirf mukhda hi gaa rahi ho ... 🤔

Aisa karo songs ke mukhde ke sath antara bhi gaa do smiley17

Mukhda nhi but i have linked the songs that's why it's only 2:40

Bro mere liye 2:40 bhi jyada hai , I'm an amateur singer upar se heart issue

Originally posted by: Grey-licious

Mukhda nhi but i have linked the songs that's why it's only 2:40

Bro mere liye 2:40 bhi jyada hai , I'm an amateur singer upar se heart issue

Heart issue? I hope nothing serious ....

Grey-licious thumbnail

Vying for Vintage

Was feeling bored so thought to record something 🙈

https://voca.ro/16qDLwPZftsf

Pal pal dil k pass

P.s R5 is like a homework which am avoiding till the last date smiley36

Grey-licious thumbnail

Vying for Vintage

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

Heart issue? I hope nothing serious ....

I have a Weak heart Nothing serious it's just that mai jyada load nhi le paati heart pe or singing mai breathing control karna padta hai jo mujhe nhi aata toh heart heavy sa lagne lag jata hai

Edited by Grey-licious - 3 months ago
Spideyweb thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Alright, finally got a free afternoon and listened to all the songs I was tagged on.

Charu: Aye Dil-e-Nadaan

When I heard you strike the first note... I was like, wait am I listening to the original? Your voice has that distinct 'khanak' that is made for recording artists. You're halfway there to becoming one. Wonderful effort.

Spidey: Tribute to 80s singers

You started with a song I really enjoy and ended with one of my most favorites. I think Suresh Wadkar did such a great job on this song and Ilaiya Raja (Fight me on this) remains an unsung genius. What a wonderful composition. In between were songs that aren't my faves with a couple by Rafi wannabes that I'd forgotten about smiley36. But you have a great talent for imitating their styles, & capturing the nuances in their singing and you do it really well. Keep it up!

Charu & NP: Tere bina zindagi se koi

This used to be one of my favorite songs growing up. The lyrics remain unmatched like only Gulzar can do. How beautifully he sums up one of life's complex paradoxes. Aahhh.. a beauty of a song.

And so so well sung. I forgot Kishoreda sings only one antara in this and was waiting a long time to hear you come on, NP. Charu, you were wonderful as always, but I have to make a special mention of NP. I think you toned down the natural exuberance in your voice to suit this song and that mellowness and angst was very well captured. Great work, both of you.

Kosha: Raag Megh Malhar

I really enjoyed this one (Yes I listened till the end) and the raag was just the perfect one to post on World Music Day. Nothing like music to move you. Simply sublime!

PS: I was thinking of Man ki been and then realized that is Bahar and then thought of Baraso re but is that Mian ki Malhar? Is that the same as Megh Malhar? There are very subtle differences, maybe? I couldn't tell..

Padma: Tumko dekha toh ye khayal aaya

First off, so happy and excited to have you heresmiley31 Welcome to the bandwagon, hoping to hear more from you on here!

This is such a beautiful song by Jagjit Singh! And you did it full justice. Just a protip- maybe it was the mike you're using but there was some amount of disturbance in the recording that maybe can be fixed by a better mike? Idk I'm no tech expert. But great job, nonetheless!

Hope I haven't missed anyone! Do check if all your songs have been updated on the first page.

Also, do join in on the Antakshari thread..that's been real soona soona for a while now! smiley13

Thanks so much liz for a thorough appraisal 👍

First one was the toughest actually - it needs vibrato too and was hard to come by 👋

Last one is really cool although i like new one a bit more by arijit ( another opportunity for you to fight with me 😐)

i agree those two singers were influenced by rafi a lot...But they were talented in their own right although one of them was known to be erratic 🙈

i appreciate your acknowledgement a lot ..I used to display this impersonation for entertaining my friends a lot... slowly slowly i built upon the initial base of atif/sonu...then i kept adding new singers one by one..lol

thanks buddy 🌈🌈

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Was feeling bored so thought to record something 🙈

Pal pal dil k pass

P.s R5 is like a homework which am avoiding till the last date smiley36

Nice one, Kri! This one is such a classic, isn't it? There used to be a time when you couldn't stop hearing it on TV or Radio... (where have those days gone?)

Why are you delaying R5, jaldi karo submit smiley36

ETA: I just updated the songs list and realized yours is the 100th song on this thread! Congratulations! smiley40

Edited by LizzieBennet - 3 months ago

I have a Weak heart Nothing serious it's just that mai jyada load nhi le paati heart pe or singing mai breathing control karna padta hai jo mujhe nhi aata toh heart heavy sa lagne lag jata hai

Yes that's true, specifically for very high pitched or fast songs.

Koi baat we sing because it makes us feel good. Koi professional singers thode na banna hai 😛smiley36

Pal pal dil ke pass is one of my favourites of Kishore da. U reminded me that i should reattempt this one. My last attempt was pretty bad 🙊