Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 months ago

It's only these three movies I didn't feel positive about her performance/the role taken but I haven't watched all her movies...

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

It's only these three movies I didn't feel positive about her performance/the role taken but I haven't watched all her movies...

For me I've felt that way about all of them. When I connect with an actor, I seek out more and more of their films. The biggest red flag is if I see an actor in one film and have no desire to go out looking for more of that actor's works. With Alia, what I've seen the public mainly say is that they never had any demand for her but were forced to tolerate her because for the last few years, when Bollywood had a dry spell, the only major movies were featuring her because of KJo's maneuverings.

And after this Filmfare debacle, a recurring comment I'm seeing is that now they don't even have the patience to put up with that anymore. I think this win has backfired in the most disastrous way for her because now the public has lost their tolerance level and with Bollywood's comeback, they don't have to settle for her anymore. Years from now, when her decline is chronicled, it'll all stem from this Filmfare "win." The slightest bit of goodwill she may have had with audiences is gone now and her husband, for better or worse, is being tainted by association as well.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

We will see how Jigra will be accepted (it seems to be one of her 'serious' roles).

I liked her in the serious roles I've watched...could relate to the characters...

but lately, in Brahmastra, her character was badly written (and performed), in Gangubai she wasn't believable to me as the character she was endorsing, and in Rocky-Rani, I could not even understand Rocky loving her...

Still, I think that she is a good actress...if only she would put her focus more on the quality of her work than striving for a certain (in my feeling false) image.

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VirginiaPlath

Brutal smiley36

Kangana did which period drama?

Money karne ka smiley36

Edited by PardesiBabu - 3 months ago