Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Posted: 3 days ago

Originally posted by: x.Covila

I need to sit and read all of the convo. I must say, this topic is irrevocably debatable without confirming any delightful outcomes.

Lovely edit

Take your time. No rush

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrystalJam

I was watching the show recently which I think Zoya di told me and ironically my older sis is going through exactly the same way in her in laws. Like for real why?

This is not just a show.This show is a mirror of every married women's life.When I saw this drama I couldn't hold my tears. Why on earth a woman after dealing with her own MIL treats her own DIL with a double intensity.

Well, dramas and the media is what keeping that image up

and men in south Asia learnt the same behavior and attitude what has been given to them and showed the way for centuries.

To control, remain in charge, thinking his wife a minor, she is just a house wife

or she is just this and that or it is her responsibility if she can't handle with her job then leave the job etc etc

Roop_P thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mysticaldivine

Well, dramas and the media is what keeping that image up

and men in south Asia learnt the same behavior and attitude what has been given to them and showed the way for centuries.

To control, remain in charge, thinking his wife a minor, she is just a house wife

or she is just this and that or it is her responsibility if she can't handle with her job then leave the job etc etc

South Asians homes [ I mean majority and in urban life style] tend to integrate secular European cultural elements with their culture at this era; however, family and community structure remain male dominated. The study showed that gender roles were maintained through gender segregation, control over social activities of girls and arranged marriage. Interviewees felt that their parents and communities have more stringent rules for female socialization.

This is so bizarre even after eras.