Indian Idol 14 - Performance Discussion (20&21 Jan'24)

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Dev Anand & Zeenat Aman Special and Hrithik Roshan Special.

Discuss here... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minakrish thumbnail

Dipan and Ananya owned the episode today. Both sang so beautifully.❤️

Subhadeep was great as well but I have higher expectations from him.😊

Muskaan and Adya were both an absolute disappointment.😒

owaistabish1989 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Adya sounded horrible in the promo

minakrish thumbnail

Originally posted by: owaistabish1989

Adya sounded horrible in the promo

She sounded horrible in the episode too!smiley36

Chaitali_k thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: minakrish

Dipan and Ananya owned the episode today. Both sang so beautifully.❤️

Subhadeep was great as well but I have higher expectations from him.😊

Muskaan and Adya were both an absolute disappointment.😒

I agree. However I felt there was a disparity, has always been, in the types of songs (be it their popularity with the average audience or the difficulty level) given to the different contestants, which somehow doesn't seem fair....

Anyways, Adya got two very popular songs and she could have carried them fantastically with her type of voice, but....

Muskan on the other hand didn't, and couldn't deliver as well...

Dipan has a lightly resonant voice which makes all the songs he sings very pleasant to hear. His expressiveness is like a cherry on top...

Ananya got the best songs but she delivered them too, perfectly, beautifully...I loved panna ki tamanna..one of my favorite songs

Subhadeep...is there anything he can't sing? He got three 50-60s classics, which were quite intricate and had a fast tempo... he seemed slightly out of breath in the last one...but that is quite understandable. Main zindagi ka and Khoya khoya chand were ooh!

Hussain and Shanuda were sort of hilarious in their pseudo rivalry over Zeenatji which sometimes felt (to me) a bit embarrassing...

Overall I liked it better than the last weekend's episodes.

Edited by Chaitali_k - 3 months ago
reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

So the bottom 3 would be Adya, Muskan and someone else from I guess tomorrow episode. Beside Adya and Muskaan everyone was good. Nothing against Shibhadeep but I think Dipan  deserved the performance of the week for me out of today’s episode. I am with Mrina Dipan and Ananya  stole the show. Shubhadeep was great.   Adya was really bad  and Muskaan was alright. 

Edited by reborn-re - 3 months ago
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Hello! I’m still in catchup mode since I missed a few weeks due to my trip. Just finished with the Pardes episode! I’m hoping to catch up this weekend.

IbuHatela thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Overall good episode on Saturday. Zeenat Aman is an evergreen gem who will always be loved, and Dev Anand's legacy is everlasting, so this had the potential to be a very good show. First the good.

Ananya is consistently one of the top singers every single week. She started today's performance well and her it got better as it went on.

Subhodeep was very good once again. I thought he was the top performer and deserved it.

The drama/hijinks were fun. Poor Ananya is too innocent to pull off pranks and it's so funny. The Hussain/Sanu da stuff was hilarious and my whole group enjoyed it from beginning to end. The climax was perfect. Shreya getting involved was entertaining too. The difference between Hussain and Aditya when it comes to this stuff is like gold and cardboard.

It's always fun to see Sanu da having a good time and he was having a blast this week.

The ending medley was good as usual. You need one for an episode like this.

Zeenat Aman, man. What can you say about her that hasn't been said already. She is a queen and forever will be.

The negatives were Adya and sadly Muskaan. Muskaan has peaked and seems to be complacent now. Like she knows she's not going to be top 5 and is just spinning in circles until her time is up. Adya was given a huge opportunity and fumbled it badly. It's been 2 weeks since eliminations so we might get one on Sunday. If her time is finally up, the judges better not save her tail again.

Biggest disappointment: Menuka not singing Satyam Shivam Sundaram. She would've killed it and my whole group was trying to will it into existence. 😂 

I can't believe Hrithik is showing up to one of these shows. I'm excited as hell for it, especially the dancing segment with him and Sanu da.

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

See at Aman still looks gorgeous as ever. She’s so graceful. I agree with some of the members above that some get popular songs to sing while others are not so popular. The ones who sing popular songs have a slight advantage.

My review for the performances -

1. Muskaan - aasman ke niche and vaada to nibhaya. I haven’t heard the first song before and it sounded boring. I don’t know if it was due to her singing or the song is such. Loved the second song, and I think she did justice to it. But why did she only sing two while others sang three?

2. Dipan - aise na mujhe Tum Dekho, ruk jaana oh jaanewali and pal bhar ke liye. Again didn’t enjoy the first song. It wasn’t bad, but average. He picked up in the next two songs. Had it not been for the first song, it was an excellent performance.

3. Ananya - hum Dono do premi, chura liya and panna Ki tammana. As usual she was flawless. They can already declare her winner and nobody would bat an eyelid. Although I must add except for panna Ki tamanna who was phenomenal, the first two weren’t her best.

4. Shubhojit - main zindagi ka saath, khoya khoya Chand, gaata rahe Mera dil. He was brilliant! The first song can easily sound like a poem, but he did really well. He didn’t get the best songs, but he made the best out of what he got. In my opinion he was best today tied with Ananya.

5. Adya - I love you and dum maro dum. I haven’t heard the first song, and it didn’t sound good enough to even listen to it. I expected her to do well with her second song. She disappointed me. It wasn’t as bad but with her voice she could’ve done a lot better with that song. She really needs to go.

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

How amazing to see Hrithik Roshan!! He really is a Greek God. 

wonder why Menuka sang before Hrithik came?

Coming to the performances:

1. Menuka - kajra mohabbat wala and pan khaaye sayyan- the first song lacked feel. For me it was a miss. The second was slightly better, but nothing great. Very average. Why did she sing songs not related to Hrithik or patriotism? Wasn’t that todays theme?

2. Anjana- tu meri and bang bang. One of her best performances till date. Also the song she sang before her performance (Senorita) was fantastic. 

3. Utkarsh - rind posh mal. Superb!! Probably the best performance of the day. Really enjoyed his performance and was so upset he only sang one song.

4. Piyush - kaho na pyar hai and you are my Sonia. He had the best songs, but was an average performance. I think musically he was good he lacked that punch needed for these songs. He couldnt do justice to such peppy numbers.

5. Vaibhav - laksh ko paana hai and Mera rang de basanti chola. He was very very good. I’m always say he’s a better performer than singer, but today he even sang just as well.

6. Obom - kyun lamhein kharab karein and ghunghroo. Pretty weak performance. Ghunghroo was slightly better, but not good. 

the bottom three were Obom, Adya and Muskaan, and as expected Muskaan was eliminated. It was sad to see her go, she was definitely much better than Adya and Obom.