Deepika Padukone's best film

Poll

What is Deepika Padukone's best film?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 months ago

In honor of Deepika's birthday, please vote for your favorite film featuring this superstar. smiley40

I could only fit 10 films so I picked what are usually considered her most popular films and most daring roles. smiley27

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Chennai express or yjhd have most repeat value for me

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Mine are Om Shanti Om, Cocktail, Ram-Leela, and Piku.

So glad she rejected the role of Meera in Cocktail to play Veronica instead. Very brave to pick the less sympathetic heroine who doesn't even end up with the guy at the end. Playing Meera would have been a replay of Love Aaj Kal and this decision resulted in Deepika's stardom being cemented after an astonishing debut with OSO, ensuring that she was not just a star but actress as well.

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 8 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I would like to change "best" - in my mind - into impactful because then I can easily take OSO, her debut film.

It is v e r y rare that the first film an outsider actress does, immediately has such a positive effect making her quasi the star she portrays in the movie.

I also think that Deepika is an actress where I would say that the best film is the current one such is the impact of her talent to portray a very different range of characters.

To me she has become the megastar in commercial Hindi Cinema who even makes a lasting and success-defining impact in a supporting role.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

I would like to change "best" - in my mind - into impactful because then I can easily take OSO, her debut film.

It is v e r y rare that the first film an outsider actress does, immediately has such a positive effect making her quasi the star she portrays in the movie.

I also think that Deepika is an actress where I would say that the best film is the current one such is the impact of her talent to portray a very different range of characters.

To me she has become the megastar in commercial Hindi Cinema who even makes a lasting and success-defining impact in a supporting role.

Yes, I weighed with the idea of how to title the thread. Should it be best film, favorite film, most popular film, etc. Or for that matter, should it be best/favorite/most popular performance rather than film, emphasizing Deepika's role rather than the movie.

Deepika's OSO debut was essentially the equivalent of Hrithik's launch which is even more impressive when you consider that Hrithik's film was produced by his father and curated entirely around him.

Aurora_77 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Melody Maniacs

She had some interesting and memorable roles in movies like cocktail, piku, yjhd and chennai express.

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

For me, it's Om Shanti Om, she had good role, looked beautiful and acted well

Next is Cocktail, this was well fitting role for her.

She looked sexy in Goliyaan ki rasleela.

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail

I am going for pikusmiley27

Watched it more than 20 times.

I so connected with this movie,as i lost my parents in my early age,my grandparents raised me. And my grand dad is exactly like amithab in the movie. I am an architect and my grand pa fights with me even with designs i make for clientssmiley36

I saw me in deepika truly in this movie.

Loved her, amit ji and irfan in this movie.