Deepika Padukone the number 1 actress

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Posted: 1 months ago

Deepika Padukone the number one actress in Bollywood in the past 2 years

https://x.com/komalnahta/status/1817887782465118275?s=46&t=gmo_g396jwmtO4eUOAuljw

Edited by priya185 - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

No, it's Tripti Dimitri.

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

On a Serious note, she must have featured in 3 films as lead heroine, Jawan was just cameo. None of those films success or business has any impact coz of Deepika. Taking WW Gross figures & claiming her to be no.1 is plain stupid.

I don't see her Chhapak figures where she was having the main responsibility to generate business??

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Too late, BW. Deepika is moving south. They wooed her and wooed her with every praise they could find.They have the budget and the vision for her to achieve maximum impact,with minimum work. They can afford to pay her too. So Tata bye byeeee

BW main Alia hai na.

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

On a Serious note, she must have featured in 3 films as lead heroine, Jawan was just cameo. None of those films success or business has any impact coz of Deepika. Taking WW Gross figures & claiming her to be no.1 is plain stupid.

I don't see her Chhapak figures where she was having the main responsibility to generate business??

Chhapaak was a long time back

Her face sells, why would a movie with her face disfigured sell tickets. People may not be able to even recognise her. Plus other controversy that time didn't help

Tripti films don’t do much business. Apart from animal where she did nudity and she was a mistress and had a cameo length. I preferred her ott work bulbbul and qala.

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: priya185

Chhapaak was a long time back

Her face sells, why would a movie with her face disfigured sell tickets. People may not be able to even recognise her. Plus other controversy that time didn't help

Tripti films don’t do much business. Apart from animal where she did nudity and she was a mistress and had a cameo length. I preferred her ott work bulbbul and qala.

I gave example of Chhapaak coz it was Women Centric film in which She was Main Lead. She was responsible for getting box office business for film.

Other films like Piku, Finding Fanny, now add up all business from these films & do let me know if that is some figure to consider her no.1 heroine. If not why pick up those big films where any heroine would have added the same thing as Deepika?

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

Tripti is trying the mistress market ? Is that different than meat market smiley36
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

LOL..i remember same being said about Sonakshi in 2012 after back to back hits and 100cr movies..she had a record of having the most i guess and just in her 2nd year..Dabang..Rowdy Rathore..Son of Sardar..Dabang 2..

If sonakshi who was just 2 years in BW then could hold record of most 100cr movies..it clearly shows even a vase in her place in those movies would have resulted in same business..so it is rather embarrassing how deepika 15 years in business is trying to hide behind big heroes to make a record..something which newbie sonakshi did doing the same..back in 2012

agar dum hai tou solo starrers ki baat karo..where is her name in list of top grossing movies running on an actress's name..she has zilch..coz koi nae jae ga..i mean even if pathaan had urvashi rautela..you think it would have earned any less...who are you guys kidding lol

Edited by cougarTown - 1 months ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Deepika is smart in the sense that she pivoted at the right time, and got a bunch of hit movies. But I do agree - none of her 2023-2024 hit films are "because of her".

As a solo actress, Chhapak and Piku both opened around 4-5CR. Which is not bad per se, but these articles should really stop,

Ranbir-Alia-Deepika and Ranveer just make things messy for themselves.

Bleue thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

By doing mummy roles in big budget male centric films smiley37