Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Posted: 9 months ago

Btw would not it be funny if Prabhas himself goes to watch Dunki on his movie release day?šŸ˜‚

sorry could not stop myself from making this jokešŸ˜‚

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Iā€™m not discussing real and fake collections

Iā€™m discussing most of 2022 films failing and people saying Bollywood is over. If what you say is true and box office shouldnā€™t matter than how can anyone say industry is dead cause of flops ?

oh ok. Iā€™m saying we should going forward have one reporting agency not multiple. We have boi Taran. Sainaick, producers etc. and some over time change numbers. So basically I can open some trade site and hire some and say whatever I want. Naturally with some credibility.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

TM hai nahi thread mein, baaki janta Gyan peli ja rahi hai smiley36

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: wat_up

wow where ? Iā€™m assuming North America but want to be sure as article does not say. I have to go n investigateā€¦. Also I think donā€™t think it clashed with these movies and only Oppenheimer wa the one hogging it as Barbie donā€™t need imax. Still I think mission impossible wasnā€™t as good as the other two. Had they clashing I say both should have gotten equal amts. well Tom cruise tried at least like Ajay did with his clash. Iā€™m taking more now on the numbers and how they get reported. Iā€™m very interested.

But we are talking equal opportunity right.

In an ideal world, Why should theaters have a stone-set deal with Nolan that his movie will get almost 100% of IMAX screens? MI7 had taken a very impressive opening as well and was not exactly a pushover movie. And Tom Cruise is not exactly a lightweight, and was in red hot form at the BO coming off with a HGOTY in 2022 (Maverick).

Domestic (and even international) business of the summer blockbuster movies is heavily dependent on IMAX screenings due to higher ticket prices. This move literally killed off MI7 after the first week.

But this happens everywhere and it's not the first time clashes have gotten ugly in Holly.

PS: I totally don't mind Oppenheimer getting all IMAX screens because of Nolan having a setting with IMAX - he is one of the very few (if not the only) directors who shoots his movies with IMAX cameras making his movies ideal for IMAX screens. And these cameras are supposed to be super expensive and difficult to film with - ofcourse IMAX as a company is going to strike a deal with anyone using their cameras. Ideally MI7 team should have pre empted this and shifted their release date - it was a terrible business decision

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Why wouldn't each film try to maximize it's distribution? These are large budget entertainers, not some art house films smiley36

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

Why wouldn't each film try to maximize it's distribution? These are large budget entertainers, not some art house films smiley36

that aside Iā€™m on other mission I learnt Tom cruise got his iMax screens taken away because Nolan had a deal with them? Whatā€™s ur take? I saw all these movies and I liked them all. Though Barbie number 1 then Oppenheimer 2 then some others then MI. But honestly since I get nothing outta it and Iā€™m just a viewer I donā€™t really care but now Iā€™m more curious.šŸ§
Edited by wat_up - 9 months ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: wat_up

that aside Iā€™m on other mission I learnt Ton cruise got his iMax screens taken away because Nolan had a deal with them? Whatā€™s ur take? I saw all these movies and I liked them all. Though Barbie number 1 then Oppenheimer 2 then some others then MI. But honestly since I get nothing outta it aw Iā€™m just a viewer I donā€™t really care but now Iā€™m more curious.šŸ§

IMAX usually negotiates a few weeks deals. Nolan is their biggest moneymaker and he had that date locked beforehand. Cruise ran from the original date and put it next to Barbie/Oppenheimer and then suffered. It would have flopped with or without the IMAX so close to those two

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

damn, the success of Pathaan and Jawan, along with the failure of KKBKKJ and especially Tiger 3 has hit a certain fan base hard smiley18

smiley36

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: Stone-Cold

damn, the success of Pathaan and Jawan, along with the failure of KKBKKJ and especially Tiger 3 has hit a certain fan base hard smiley18

smiley36

SRK fans can't talk about SRK, they talk about Salman more smiley36