Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: wat_up

It likes some of u want to live in delusions n bragging rights. What’s wrong in asking transparency. This might also stop manipulations and people go by the rules. I mean once rules in play like in the states. And make more theaters in case need to.

I never believed Aamir Khans movies really did that much business in Asian countries so Im transparent in that case smiley36
thanks and I edited my reply too but they werent clashing. I was talking when movies clash we don’t know who will do better. So big movies who need the screens should get it. It’s good though Tom tried and he should. I mean someone who don’t think it’s right and it’s their home country then they should. I understand we’re it some other country like India etc then no they don’t deserve priority.

As you can see I didn’t know this. I just knew babie Oppenheimer clash and that Barbie with the clash the highest and Oppenheimer the second. Still these movies survived. Interesting to know though that IMAX screens were being hogged.

Edited by wat_up - 9 months ago

Regardless I stand by wanting transparency on numbers in INDIA because this country too obsessed in numbers and it’s unhealthy. In USA I hardly see on social media regular people discussing these things and these clubs. I’m sure they exist but nobody goes cray cray over it. Plus it makes the movie experience better. I see Many Hollywood movies and don’t care or worry who got the highest grosser and what not. I go enjoy that’s it 😎✌️

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

'the states' as you call it

we say North America as it covers Canada too.

Anyhow IMAX responded to them and I guess Nolan had a deal with them a contract. But I understand why Tom be angry. Yet mission impossible was already in theaters and on July 12th and this movie came July 21. Had it been doing well then I doubt they give Oppenheimer its IMAX screens but seems they had some deal in place. Whereas Oppenheimer and Barbie were a direct clash no those parties complaining I understand as both should get the screens they need. With Indian movies I hear it more so like with Gardar 2 n omg 2 and in the past it’s been an issue as as been reporting numbers.

However, hope may not be lost for the latest Mission: Impossible movie. IMAX previously responded to Tom Cruise's anger prior to both films' release, saying Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One could return to IMAX after Oppenheimer's exclusive run ends. While it's unclear how many people would see the film in IMAX over a month after its release, Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One could still see success later in its run. However, it's clear no matter what happens, Oppenheimer's extended IMAX deal will guarantee its continued success.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Regardless I stand by wanting transparency on numbers in INDIA because this country too obsessed in numbers and it’s unhealthy.

But there were no numbers in 2022 and everyone said industry is dead. If Numbers dont matter build us a time machine to transport back to summer 2022 when people were saying Bollywood all these films failed and we can say box office doesnt matter

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

But there were no numbers in 2022 and everyone said industry is dead. If Numbers dont matter build us a time machine to transport back to summer 2022 when people were saying Bollywood all these films failed and we can say box office doesnt matter

whatever presently since it’s not let’s start showing transparency. I don’t get how numbers can vary etc. I want to know did movies really make 500 when in 2022 they were struggling. But we had some hits in 2022. 😂 and we can even check on those movies and see whether they even earned what they said in 2022. I don’t expect to go back to 2021 and earlier. Just moving forward

Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

whatever presently since it’s not let’s start showing transparency. I don’t get how numbers can vary etc. I want to know did movies really make 500 when in 2022 they were struggling. But we had some hits in 2022. 😂

Would you say the same if tiger 3 was also in the 500 cr club

Originally posted by: Basskarrr

Would you say the same if tiger 3 was also in the 500 cr club

yes esp in case it was questioned. I rather my movie get a genuine stamp. I’m talking every movie.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

whatever presently since it’s not let’s start showing transparency. I don’t get how numbers can vary etc. I want to know did movies really make 500 when in 2022 they were struggling. But we had some hits in 2022. 😂 and we can even check on those movies and see whether they even earned what they said in 2022. I don’t expect to go back to 2021 and earlier. Just moving forward

I’m not discussing real and fake collections

I’m discussing most of 2022 films failing and people saying Bollywood is over. If what you say is true and box office shouldn’t matter than how can anyone say industry is dead cause of flops ?

Yes I would say the same was it salmans movie. I’m talking in general Maroon, says we can’t go years back to see what other movies have done. I’m saying moving forward that means any movie . I don’t get why people so scared.