Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: you2

Why don't fans just be happy that their idol's film is releasing in a few days.

Producers make money..we get entertained when WE buy the tickets and watch the film.

It’s about bragging rights on social media 🏆 Never mind films weren’t even releasing 2 years ago smiley36
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Yes, of course...it was the right thing to do to change the release date from 22nd to 21st when Salaar took the same release date.

There is no reason why the Dunki makers shouldn't do everything possible to counter this unnecessary 'gauntlet'.

No one can convince me that a BJP-guided production house and an overruled Thadani (didn't get the Jawan distribution) didn't this clash deliberately to try a remake of 2018.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

It’s about bragging rights on social media 🏆 Never mind films weren’t even releasing 2 years ago smiley36

YES. So many big hits this year!Small and big films did well!

SRK fans are having such a grand year. Prabhas was not even in their peripheral vision. The man has had a poor run at the BO recently. I think Salaar will be a big hit.So what? let it be a hit.SRK will have 3 blockbusters..or may be 2 ATBB and just a super hit.Is that badL

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Clochette

Yes, of course...it was the right thing to do to change the release date from 22nd to 21st when Salaar took the same release date.

There is no reason why the Dunki makers shouldn't do everything possible to counter this unnecessary 'gauntlet'.

No one can convince me that a BJP-guided production house and an overruled Thadani (didn't get the Jawan distribution) didn't this clash deliberately to try a remake of 2018.

The PH may have political leanings-but their films haven't targeted minorities in their films..I may be wrong though.someone can enlighten.

Earlier there used to be the good muslim, to balance the muslim villain.

What Animal did was disgusting..A Rapist Muslim villain with 3 wives, and I think Bobby's character raped one of his wives from behind in front of other wives.

Anyway politics and distributor fights shouldn't distract us. Content in a film should.Salaar is Avery violent film.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

YES. So many big hits this year!Small and big films did well!

SRK fans are having such a grand year. Prabhas was not even in their peripheral vision. The man has had a poor run at the BO recently. I think Salaar will be a big hit.So what? let it be a hit.SRK will have 3 blockbusters..or may be 2 ATBB and just a super hit.Is that badL

I’ll let it be. If it becomes a hit I can’t do anything about it. But the trailer I watched today seemed like all the other action Movies. Unless they showcase the friendship part
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

That isn't the point...and I wouldn't be against two different movies releasing at the same date (as boxoffice isn't my priority).

But this is another thing as - in my opinion - the recreation of the 2018 situation with Hombale Films (producer also of KGF) + AAfilms (distributor of KGF...and also of Animal, btw) has a questionable motivation.

Obviously, to me, it's not about a Telugu movie and a HIndi movie releasing both at Christmas.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Dunki is releasing on 21st and Salaar on 22nd.

It will be very interesting, how the programming will be done.

Dunki will have to cede some screens on day 2. Everything depends on the advance booking of Dunki for day2..If Dunki does well..Salaar will get even lesser screens. The opposite can happen too.

Its going to be very weird

Dunki's Day 2 earnings will probably drop 50-60% from Day 1 and then pick up on the weekend (IF the content is good)

Its a risk that Dunki is taking. If the movie clicks, then screen distribution will work in their favor. If content is not upto the mark, exhibitors will hedge their bets on Salaar instead and give it preference.

Has such a clash ever happened before, with 1 day difference in release

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Has such a clash ever happened before, with 1 day difference in release

Diwali 2017. Aamir released secret superstar Thursday October 19. Golmaal 4 came Friday October 20

The scales of the film were different tho

Originally posted by: cts22

Overseas market SRK is definitely big, but recently Telugu films have been doing exceptionally well.

You have a KGF film maker, Baahubali hero and a Prithviraj, the whole south will flock to Salaar. Plus all who want action in North will flock to Salaar

Plus Dunki though a combination of Hirani and SRK has still not has great songs for opening it will do better for WOM if it is good, but it definitely has the lowest buzz of a Hirani film and compared to Pathan and Jawan this also has lower buzz

this what was mentioning that south movies have huge craze these days over seas. I was shocked during Covid when movie theaters started opening their movies did better I think in India too.
DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

It is just ego fanwars

A south film can release with a BW film on the same day.They perhaps have more screens there than we have. There are 1000+ screens and it is the biggest holiday release date.

Why don't fans just be happy that their idol's film is releasing in a few days.

Producers make money..we get entertained when WE buy the tickets and watch the film.

But it affects screen distribution. If Salar had a solo release, they could do better buisness. Anyways i don't understand most of these things.