Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

That background music and the dialogues with the scenes were INSANELY BEAUTIFUL

OMGGGGG

I HAD GOOSEBUMPS

Doesnt matter how much we bash Nooran

She has written EXCELLENT DIALOGUES FOR MEERASIM

Nooran made one fatal mistake (which thankfully the makers corrected and fixed), but the way she’s written romance in this show is phenomenal. She created room for it when a lot of writers don’t leave any room for romantic moments. And her lines were GOOD. Meaningful. Love it.

Woman knows romance is something to prioritize 👌

How is it possible for two people to hold so much power without even showing their faces 😭🥰

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: tgota92

Nooran made one fatal mistake (which thankfully the makers corrected and fixed), but the way she’s written romance in this show is phenomenal. She created room for it when a lot of writers don’t leave any room for romantic moments. And her lines were GOOD. Meaningful. Love it.

Woman knows romance is something to prioritize 👌

It wasn't a fatal mistake

She wanted to show how Murtasim was literally pushed to the wall to force himself on meerub

That was her story and tragic it was towards the end

It's just that people started blindly idolizing murtasim and wahaj was so so so so good in it ....we weren't ready to see him in any grey shade

In my case the problem was lack of tracks

None of the side characters could add value

Be it Mariam or rohail or haaya

They were all super flops and I felt like forwarding all their scenes

I liked ma begum and murtus chachu and meerubs foster parents

Whatever it was, I don’t really dwell on what she wrote originally. No way any of us will ever know the details because of editing. I also think dwelling on it negates the phenomenal gesture for the fans by the makers when they literally flipped the narrative for us. So it was a good thing they did and for me it didn’t ruin the watching experience. Part of the casual general audience doesn’t even know anything was even changed. People move on.

Maryam and Haya were essential to the theme Nooran was trying to portray - about forced marriages for women. About taking a woman’s choice away and expecting her to just conform and accept her fate. So I liked it. The only character that I couldn’t take seriously was Rohail but mainly because the actor was so so bad. Malik Zubair was enjoyable. And I loved Maa Begum - what a deeply flawed lady, but one who you can’t help but also understand because she wants the best for her son.

A big credit to Nooran is that episode about Waqas coming to the haveli to defend Meerab. Even though Murtasim Meerab aren’t even in the episode and Murtasim doesn’t even have lines, it was such a good and satisfying episode to watch. And credit to the side characters for making me invested in it. And it had a good message too. So yeah, Nooran does surprise you from time to time. She’s just not a well groomed writer since she’s new and the people around her were none the wiser either. Hence the mess that happened. Now they all know better 😂

Hopefully season 2 is a second chance for the creative team to really deliver and wow us. Fingers crossed