Priyanka Chopra Jonas silence on kids getting killed in Gaza - Page 8

Poll

Priyanka Chopra Jonas UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador silence on kids getting killed in Gaza

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I don't see anything wrong with celebs speaking out. Ideally they can do more but even silence can be devastating and make the "moral majority" think they are truly the majority.

I don't see "anything wrong" either, but - in today's time - it would only lead to controversies on social media, nothing else. 

Imo, one shouldn't expect a celeb to be the role model one would like the celeb to be, one should look at oneself to be a role model for those close to oneself. If it needs a celeb to see the injustice that happens and to take a stand, one has to work on the own conscience, the own mindset.

A UNICEF ambassador can always refer to what the official stand of UNICEF is and speak out  l o u d  and  c l e a r, but just imagine SRK or Salman would take a stand except the general stand against wars and killings and crimes against humanity...just imagine the storm  a g a i n s t  them because they could only be either this or that...but who exactly is the culprit???

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Also FYI, I was just talking to a friend about this subject and Vijay Varma has also posted in support of Palestinians, twice.  Go Vijay!!   

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Also FYI, I was just talking to a friend about this subject and Vijay Varma has also posted in support of Palestinians, twice.  Go Vijay!!   

I knew there was something instinctively likeable about Vijay Verma. Please keep posting names of celebs that have posted in support of Palestine. We need more names. I will do everything I can to support their work going forward. πŸŒŠπŸžπŸ‰πŸ•Š

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

Someone list all the celebs in the video, I am suprised by none in pictures anyhow. 

The ones I can see and recognize are Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek, Aishwarya, KJo, Sara, Vivek Oberoi and his wife, Imtiaz Ali, Abhishek Kapoor, Nikhil Advani, Randhir Kapoor, Subhash Ghai.  

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

I don't see "anything wrong" either, but - in today's time - it would only lead to controversies on social media, nothing else. 

Imo, one shouldn't expect a celeb to be the role model one would like the celeb to be, one should look at oneself to be a role model for those close to oneself. If it needs a celeb to see the injustice that happens and to take a stand, one has to work on the own conscience, the own mindset.

A UNICEF ambassador can always refer to what the official stand of UNICEF is and speak out  l o u d  and  c l e a r, but just imagine SRK or Salman would take a stand except the general stand against wars and killings and crimes against humanity...just imagine the storm  a g a i n s t  them because they could only be either this or that...but who exactly is the culprit???

Hmm I cannot imagine a storm against them. What is the point of them being the biggest stars of the country if they cannot say anything due to a potential storm against them?? Something has to be wrong with the person who decides to do a backlash against a celeb who is against genocide.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

I knew there was something instinctively likeable about Vijay Verma. Please keep posting names of celebs that have posted in support of Palestine. We need more names. I will do everything I can to support their work going forward. πŸŒŠπŸžπŸ‰πŸ•Š

So far it’s Sonam, Varun, Vijay Varma, and I just remembered Zeenat Aman had posted something in support of ceasefire too.  

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

The ones I can see and recognize are Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek, Aishwarya, KJo, Sara, Vivek Oberoi and his wife, Imtiaz Ali, Abhishek Kapoor, Nikhil Advani, Randhir Kapoor, Subhash Ghai.  

None even remotely surprising

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

Israel is going to care about losing the support of polical leaders. Every person should be speaking up on this issue whether they are a celeb or non-celeb, so that western political leaders and Arab political leaders are forced to change their stance and put pressure on Israel to call a ceasefire.

Israel has gone about this in the most brazen manner, because there are so many countries backing them.

That's why I wrote that only powerful people can bring a change (politicians, industrialists, organisations, bankers etc)...and these will always do what is convenient to them - except in election times the common people have little influence.

If celebs would call out the own government to take a stand,  t h a t  would be the right thing to do because neither a SRK nor a Kamal Haasan nor the whole Kapoor Clan have a power on the global level.

They can attend an Ambani party but they have no influence on where Ambani does invest his money...

They only can support - with their money and influence as a celeb - organisations like UNICEF, Red Cross, Doctors without Borders etc.

Clochette thumbnail

Vijay Verma, Sonam, Varun, Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek, Aishwarya, KJo, Sara, Vivek Oberoi and his wife, Imtiaz Ali, Abhishek Kapoor, Nikhil Advani, Randhir Kapoor, Subhash Ghai...

So, they posted their opinion...and for whom these personal opinions are important - beyond knowing now their position - and will have an impact and help to bring a change? Did one of them ask Modi to put considerable effort in helping to get a ceasefire at least?

The United Nations voted for a ceasefire (as far as I know) and the USA put their veto against it... there is no boycott of Israel in sight... on any level (also as far as I know)...the Hamas is a terror organisation (as far as I know)...but an organisation like the UNICEF is helpless as they have not the needed power...humanity has become something one has to buy or to get by the killing of thousands of children...(please pardon my rant...it's simple desperation)

Edited by Clochette - 6 months ago