Priyanka Chopra Jonas silence on kids getting killed in Gaza - Page 7

Poll

Priyanka Chopra Jonas UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador silence on kids getting killed in Gaza

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I remember that now. I think Priyanka got some flack for trying to appear involved in American social issues that people felt she would have little understanding of.

I must say that seeing so much of Bollywood support Israel makes me feel guilty for trashing Priyanka in this thread regardless of her motives. Maybe some good came from her going to America after all because I could not say with 100% certainty that she wouldn't be in that pic/video if she was still in Bollywood.

She wasn't called out because of getting into American politics (she was very openly anti-T*ump in her pre-Nick years, irony dies with her I know.)

She was called out because it is a grotesque concept to make activist groups' compete for a rich celebs'/studio's prize money.

It is orwellian to even think about. 

She would not say anything openly about this either because it'd ruffle too many feathers for her liking. This list, at best, is a very caliberated move to keep her 'woke' image intact in the west lol.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Clochette

I already wrote that celebs without an official backing (like being UNICEF ambassador) should not speak openly...speaking will help nobody...there are only very mighty people (politicians, industrialists, financiers etc.) and mighty organisations who could have an influence on forcing a ceasefire and negotiations.

Basically, it's a matter of money and power...

I disagree. Celebrities are extremely influential. Specially in the age of digital and social media where all of them have followers in the millions. Informing and encouraging their followers to speak up can have a ripple effect on public opinion which in turn can influence politicians.  

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

She wasn't called out because of getting into American politics (she was very openly anti-T*ump in her pre-Nick years, irony dies with her I know.)

She was called out because it is a grotesque concept to make activist groups' compete for a rich celebs'/studio's prize money.

It is orwellian to even think about. 

She would not say anything openly about this either because it'd ruffle too many feathers for her liking. This list, at best, is a very caliberated move to keep her 'woke' image intact in the west lol.

Yeah Priyanka's stance are dependent on the "majority". In India she supports PM, because majority supports him, while in US she was anti-trump, because majority did not support Trump. I don't believe she has her own opinion it is all about going with the flow of majority.

Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Speaking may not have much power to directly help but it can spread awareness. For celebrity stans and worshippers, it can cause them to rethink and listen to the celeb and even one more converted heart can be a boon. 

I don't see anything wrong with celebs speaking out. Ideally they can do more but even silence can be devastating and make the "moral majority" think they are truly the majority.

People forget that Kishore Kumar despite all his sexism stood up against Emergency. Jon Stewart has been fighting for first respondents' healthcare bill for two decades; he has interviewed, shamed, rallied against so many politicians/lobbyists for this one bill.

Literally nothing is stopping these celebs from standing up— not just on this issue but any issue. The world might be crashing and rich ass bolly/cricket celebs will be busy with their Ambani parties.

Artists are the cornerstones of a democracy. SMH

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I think that is a delusion...or a dream...it would be gorgeous but it wouldn't change something because neither Israel nor the Hamas give a damn on millions of voiced opinions...they have the goal to destroy the other power...or at least to bring the other to the knees (the existing hate between Hamas and Israel is a tenfold of the existing hate between India and Pakistan). They have absolutely nothing in common besides the hatred.

Edited by Clochette - 6 months ago
Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

Yeah Priyanka's stance are dependent on the "majority". In India she supports PM, because majority supports him, while in US she was anti-trump, because majority did not support Trump. I don't believe she has her own opinion it is all about going with the flow of majority.

Bingo!

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I think that is a delusion...or a dream...it would be gorgeous but it wouldn't change something because neither Israel nor the Hamas give a damn on millions of voiced opinions...they have the goal to destroy the other power...or at least to bring the other to the knees (the existing hate between Hamas and Israel is a tenfold of the existing hate between India and Pakistan).

Israel is going to care about losing the support of polical leaders. Every person should be speaking up on this issue whether they are a celeb or non-celeb, so that western political leaders and Arab political leaders are forced to change their stance and put pressure on Israel to call a ceasefire.

Israel has gone about this in the most brazen manner, because there are so many countries backing them.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

Thanks for bringing the tea @IAmLuvBolly I was clueless of Bollywood being pro Israel. I guess in a way this might explain Priyanka's silence.

I was really shocked too when those pictures first came out.  I don’t know how many of those celebs were there for ideological reasons and how many of them were there because they thought it was good PR for them to be seen with Netanyahu.  Both groups are pathetic and embarrassing.  

Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I was really shocked too when those pictures first came out.  I don’t know how many of those celebs were there for ideological reasons and how many of them were there because they thought it was good PR for them to be seen with Netanyahu.  Both groups are pathetic and embarrassing.  

Someone list all the celebs in the video, I am suprised by none in pictures anyhow. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

I think that is a delusion...or a dream...it would be gorgeous but it wouldn't change something because neither Israel nor the Hamas give a damn on millions of voiced opinions...they have the goal to destroy the other power...or at least to bring the other to the knees (the existing hate between Hamas and Israel is a tenfold of the existing hate between India and Pakistan). They have absolutely nothing in common besides the hatred.

What happened on October 7th was abhorrent. But treating Hamas and Israel as equal entities is absolutely and a 100% false.  Add to this new reports that are coming out every day indicating that more and more of the October 7th victims were killed by IDF because they started indiscriminately firing.  Israel in the past 42 days has killed over 11,000 Palestinians.  The count is definitely a lot more but Gaza ministry of health has been dismantled so we are not getting accurate updates now while Israel is continuing to bomb.  The two are not equal.  It’s like comparing one individual drug dealer to a mafia firm.  

Israel cares about receiving the millions of dollars from U.S. and Europe.  American and European politicians care about getting re-elected.  There’s already a shift in how people see Israel and Middle East nowadays thanks to TikTok.  News networks are losing control of their pro zionists narratives and facts are coming out. If the public discourse about this continues to change politicians will listen. How do you think Macron went from no ceasefire to ceasefire now?  

Taylor Swift asked her fans to vote and almost 30,000 Gen. Z registered to vote.  Jimmy Kimmel talking about American health care system was instrumental in keeping the affordable care act going in 2017.  Celebrities have a lot of influence.  They just lack courage.