India

Posted: 10 months ago

No tag...for me...

That's OK smiley1

Hope SA wins and go to final World cup first time

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

AUS Vs RSA, ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: South Africa Thrash Australia By 134 Runs - As It Happened

South Africa

Marco Jansen is likely to be back, probably at the expense of Andile Phehlukwayo. The likely conditions might mean Tabraiz Shamsi will get a chance to redeem his 1/72, replete with 20 runs in boundaries and eight in wides and no-balls, against India. He could come in for Gerald Coetzee, whose 18 wickets have made him South Africa's highest wicket-taker at any World Cup.

Tactics & strategy

As much as the South Africans will hope their five-wicket win over Afghanistan in Ahmedabad on Friday has put to bed the theory that they aren't as sound-chasing as they are setting a target, that presumption will follow them into the match.

Quinton de Kock won't be thinking about equalling Rohit Sharma's record of five World Cup centuries, set in 2019, but another hundred and that's what he'll have done. Keshav Maharaj could be South Africa's trump card on this surface.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: DiamondLife

No tag...for me...

That's OK smiley1

Hope SA wins and go to final World cup first time

Bela dear, how can I forget? But think once: till now, I've tagged nearly 150 people in different threads. confusion, and especially today I am facing a net problem; it is painfully slow.

A small request to all: if you see me struggling to post , please make an effort to tag others; it will reduce my tension!!smiley31

DiamondLife thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Bela dear, how can I forget? But think once: till now, I've tagged nearly 150 people in different threads. confusion, and especially today I am facing a net problem; it is painfully slow.

A small request to all: if you see me struggling to post , please make an effort to tag others; it will reduce my tension!!smiley31

Thank you Viswasruti smiley31

Prizi thumbnail

India

Kal wale babaji ne aj kuch predict nhi kia? smiley36

Ria23 thumbnail

So the winner team between these two will play against India for the final match?

Waise kab hai final?

Prizi thumbnail

India

A semi-final is like a complicated maze which has an entry but the exit points depend on your tenacity. Either you bite the bullet or take the bullet. There are no fret stops. Even a trivial mistake can cost you big. Every step taken can be a giant leap or might dwarf your chances. Every sinew will work in overdrive mode. Can it get bigger than this? Ask the two teams. In the green corner, South Africa and in the yellow corner - Australia!

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Did you know?

- Adam Zampa's bowling average against South Africa, 46.78, is his highest in ODIs against any opponents.

- Lungi Ngidi's average against Australia, 19.52, is the lowest for any current South Africa bowler in ODIs between these teams. Mitchell Marsh's 81.37 is the highest.

- Tabraiz Shamsi has been more successful in ODIs against Australia, in which he has taken 15 wickets at 24.06 in eight matches, than any side except Sri Lanka - against whom he has 16 at 24.75 in nine games.

- Quinton de Kock averages 65.66 at this World Cup, but his overall average in ODIs against Australia is 36.35 - just 8.8 against Glenn Maxwell and 17.7 against Josh Hazlewood.

Prizi thumbnail

India

The Cummins-led side had a botched start. India stung them in humid Chennai and their opponents for today were too hot to handle. But then Australia started a string of wins. Warner and Marsh took off mostly. Hazlewood and Zampa deflated a few sides. Maxwell showed why he is the Big Show. And Australia with seven consecutive wins entered the semis. The five-time world champions found a way like they always do! South Africa despite strong showings have had their discrepancies. The Bavuma-led side have been exposed while chasing. There is a chink in the armour but batting first they have been a completely different beast. They have been astoundingly superfluous. Their bowlers also have hit the right straps mostly and Keshav Maharaj has done a commendable job as a spinner.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Kohli notched up his 50th ODI ton. Rohit became the first batsman to hit 50 sixes in ODI World Cups. Shami completed 50 wickets in World Cups. There were a number of records broken at the Wankhede last evening. Will Eden Gardens live up to the expectations? MS Dhoni's run-out back in 2019 scarred more than a billion Indian hearts and India took its revenge less than 24 hours back. There was another such run-out back in 1999. We all remember, don't we? Do we get to see its revenge as well? Only time will tell..