Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

heavenlybliss thumbnail

Love Legion

Posted: 11 months ago

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I’m guessing she’s not celebrating Karva Chauth. I don’t remember her posting anything last year either.

What does Neetu aunty have to say about this?smiley36

1274961 thumbnail

Katrina looks stunning.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: MochaQueen

What does Neetu aunty have to say about this?smiley36

I’m trying to remember if Neetu has ever attended Sunita’s Karva Chauth gatherings back when her husband was alive? Or anyone else’s for that matter? Her own sister in law Reema Jain has attended others’ events instead of holding one at their own home. Maybe this particular branch of the Kapoors just doesn’t do Karva Chauth. Kareena hasn’t posted anything nor has Neetu’s daughter and she posts everything.

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ok what’s going on with Vicky ? 😳😳

IMG_8978.jpeg

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I’m trying to remember if Neetu has ever attended Sunita’s Karva Chauth gatherings back when her husband was alive? Or anyone else’s for that matter? Her own sister in law Reema Jain has attended others’ events instead of holding one at their own home. Maybe this particular branch of the Kapoors just doesn’t do Karva Chauth. Kareena hasn’t posted anything nor has Neetu’s daughter and she posts everything.

Kareena is married into a Muslim family so….. plus her mom Babita doesn’t seem the kind to practice such traditions somehow.

Alia, DP don’t post on karva chauth…, dunno if they celebrate in private. They both are married into Punjabi/ Sindhi families.

But even if they chose not to celebrate it it’s totally fine. Coz the concept of Karvachauth is frankly very patriarchal.

Edited by Joannna - 11 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Joannna

Kareena is married into a Muslim family so….. plus her mom Babita doesn’t seem the kind to practice such traditions somehow.

Alia, DP don’t post on karva chauth…, dunno if they celebrate in private. They both are married into Punjabi/ Sindhi families.

But even if they chose not to celebrate it it’s totally fine. Coz the concept of Karvachauth is frankly very patriarchal.

I think these days most people, at least celebrities, practice it or celebrate it just for the celebratory factor of it.

I remember reading on some website several years ago that the original idea of Karva Chauth was for married women to establish a strong bond of friendship with another female within her in laws. In the olden days girls would get married and move into her in laws home, a lot of times too far away from her own family. So Karva Chauth was an occasion to assign a married female family member (a single woman would be married off and move away) as the new bride’s support system and confidant. But as it often happens in patriarchal cultures Karva Chauth was another thing that over time became about the man.

I don’t know if this is true or not but I like this explanation.

Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail

how do these celebs manage to look good at such occasions when usually their dressing sucks smiley37

kat looks nice.

Dont like paris outfit

sid kiara smiley27

RedAmaranth thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Lekin Kjo ne toh kuch kiya hi nahin. Kjo was his meanest in 2012-15 when he hired Reshma and through Reshma had been using Sallu's power. He used to think he was invincible.