Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 months ago

Air Quality Index is based on measurement of particulate matter, Ozone, Nitrogen Dioxide, Sulfur Dioxide and Carbon Monoxide emissions.

0 - 50 is considered good where air pollution poses little or no risk

51 -100 is considered moderate

101-150 is considered unhealthy for Sensitive Groups

151-200 is considered unhealthy for all

201-300 is considered is very Unhealthy for all

300+ is considered Hazardous where everyone may experience more serious health effects

Right now, there are a couple of places in India with AQI above 600!

Sector 8, Dwarka, Delhi is currently registering 848!!

This is the website for World's Air Pollution: Real-time Air Quality Index, if anyone is interested in monitoring real time measurements:

https://waqi.info/

K.Universe. thumbnail

^^ Besides vehicles, construction dust and industries being the root causes for pollution, the majority of the spikes in AQI levels during these months are attributable to agricultural waste burning from neighboring states like Punjab and Haryana. Not sure what can be done about it.

SlowlyDrifting thumbnail

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

Air Quality Index is based on measurement of particulate matter, Ozone, Nitrogen Dioxide, Sulfur Dioxide and Carbon Monoxide emissions.

0 - 50 is considered good where air pollution poses little or no risk

51 -100 is considered moderate

101-150 is considered unhealthy for Sensitive Groups

151-200 is considered unhealthy for all

201-300 is considered is very Unhealthy for all

300+ is considered Hazardous where everyone may experience more serious health effects

Right now, there are a couple of places in India with AQI above 600!

Sector 8, Dwarka, Delhi is currently registering 848!!

This is the website for World's Air Pollution: Real-time Air Quality Index, if anyone is interested in monitoring real time measurements:

https://waqi.info/

Why this map is not showing AQI for some cities like Bhiwandi, Kolhapur, Vadodra, Pune etc ?

K.Universe. thumbnail

Originally posted by: SlowlyDrifting

Why this map is not showing AQI for some cities like Bhiwandi, Kolhapur, Vadodra, Pune etc ?

You may zoom in to the exact location on the map. The search (magnifying glass icon) seems to work for "big" cities like Pune. Bhiwandi and Kolhapur are relatively smaller cities.

SlowlyDrifting thumbnail

You may zoom in to the exact location on the map. The search (magnifying glass icon) seems to work for "big" cities like Pune. Bhiwandi and Kolhapur are relatively smaller cities.

Thanks. I'm amazed to see how come Mumbai has such lower AQI in comparison to Delhi?! It is equally big and busy

K.Universe. thumbnail

Originally posted by: SlowlyDrifting

Thanks. I'm amazed to see how come Mumbai has such lower AQI in comparison to Delhi?! It is equally big and busy

Right, as I mentioned above, one major contributing factor to Delhi's pollution during these months is crop burning from neighboring states like Punjab and Haryana.

SlowlyDrifting thumbnail

Right, as I mentioned above, one major contributing factor to Delhi's pollution during these months is crop burning from neighboring states like Punjab and Haryana.

Yes and I agree but Delhi keeps struggling for lowering it down throughout the year.... Doesn't it ?