Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

95027 thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Originally posted by: Nostalgia-02

Very clever IF, putting an ad 3 times on 1 page, I just accidentally clicked on 1 smiley39

Itā€™s getting harder not to these days. Esp if you on the mobile device šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Iā€™m not saying anything. Not predicting either. Still too darn superstitious about Cricket smiley36

I remember how my bro & I would shoo this neighbourhood kid out and forbid him from watching cos we were convinced he was panavti for the India team smiley36

Edited by LizzieBennet - 11 months ago
Nostalgia-02 thumbnail

England

Originally posted by: Ocean_breeze

Team batting first wins most of the matches here.smiley19

What do you think now?
Prizi thumbnail

India

On a pitch which is not anywhere close to being easy, India with their spinners and the fielding have bowled out Australia for 199. The visitors lost Mitch Marsh early but Warner and Smith during that partnership handled things sensibly and the latter was especially looking ominous. But Warner's wicket brought the much-needed breakthrough for India and then the spinners took over. Jadeja bowled a beauty to get Smith and the wheels came off for Australia after that. From 110/2, they slipped to 140/7. Things were looking bleak for them at that stage with over 13 overs still left, but the lower-order hung out to push the score to 199. Starc with a useful 28 and those runs might still prove crucial. But a word or two on India's fielding - right from the time Kohli took a fabulous catch at slip, the intent and energy were set and India's ground fielding was superb. They made things difficult for the Aussies and allowed the spinners to build pressure. 200 is not a great total but at least Australia have something to bowl at. Remember they are yet to lose a #CWC match here at Chennai. So a record to be taken care of then. India favorites though. Back for the chase in 20 minutes...

Prizi thumbnail

India

Ravindra Jadeja: I play for CSK so I know the conditions here, when I saw the pitch I thought I should get 2-3 wickets, luckily I got 3 wickets and am very happy. I was looking to bowl into the stumps and there was turn, you never know which one is going straight and which one is turning, the odd ball was turning and I was just mixing the pace. Chennai crowd always come in good numbers and it is good to see a full house. Just go out there and play simple cricket, not try anything fancy and keep it simple.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Spin vs pace in Australia's innings

Spin - 30 overs, 104 runs, 6 wickets, ER 3.47

Pace - 19.3 overs, 89 runs, 4 wickets, ER 4.61

- Australia have lost six wickets to spinners, which is their joint-most in an ODI World Cup match. They went from 110/2 to 199 all out

SoniRita thumbnail

India

6.15pm An early welcome to the chase. Australia bowlers working hard on the side pitches. They need to OWN the first ten overs if they are to make a match out of this.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Indian spinners with 3-fer vs Australia in World Cup

3/34 - Maninder Singh, Delhi, 1987

3/28 - Ravindra Jadeja, Chennai, 2023*

Prizi thumbnail

India

6.15pm An early welcome to the chase. Australia bowlers working hard on the side pitches. They need to OWN the first ten overs if they are to make a match out of this.

95027 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Iā€™m not saying anything. Not predicting either. Still too darn superstitious about Cricket smiley36

I remember how my bro & I would shoo this neighbourhood kid out and forbid him from watching cos we were convinced he was panavti for the India team smiley36

Oh I know plenty of people who believe in it. Have to see match in same seat if itā€™s going well. Not even get up to use restroom etc etc. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.

I always think agar mere mein itna power hota to influence results then first of all mein heee Warren Buffet hota šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ .. So I have no illusions of my impact on results šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£