Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Prizi thumbnail

India

Posted: 11 months ago

Mustafa Moudi: "Fun Fact: 36 years ago, Both these sides faced each other at Chennai in the World Cup 1987. It was one of the most competitive match in the World Cup, as Australia won narrowly by just 1 Run. Interestingly, Their opening pair was David Boon and Geoff Marsh while this time their opening pair will be another David (Warner) and Geoff's son Mitch Marsh!"

Prizi thumbnail

India

DJ: "I have been it hard to get excited about this world cup, i hope today changes that. Zampa is going to key here. If India dont lose wickets to him, they will win this one."

Edited by Prizi - 11 months ago
Prizi thumbnail

India

Pete: "But as Metallica will tell you, the soothing light at the end of the tunnel could just be a freight train coming your way. Question is, is Ashwin the freight train coming to smash Australia... or is he about to meet the "train" of Warner, Smith, Maxwell, et al?"

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

Any news on Gill whether he will be playing? Don’t see on the ground.

It was mentioned somewhere that he did not travel with the team. There is a high chance he is not playing in today's match.

Cheers..

Prizi thumbnail

India

Pitch report: "Could be two-paced, little bit on the slower side. Fast bowling won't be easy either, especially back of the length," Ravi Shastri says. "India will be tempted to play three spinners. Won't be surprised even if Australia play atleast two. Don't underestimate Zampa on this surface."

Prizi thumbnail

India

Pitch Report: Bowl straight and back of a length, it will cause problems to the batters, says Ravi Shastri. It looks dry, on the slower side and spinners will be in the game, reckons Harbhajan Singh. Surely makes sense to play 3 spinners, because Hardik offers that extra pace option. I won't be surprised if Australia think on the same lines, reckons Shastri. I think India will stick to Bumrah and Siraj. Siraj can seam it, add the duo. Zampa will be the main threat for the Indian batters, they conclude.

Palak2812 thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: aekiel

I'm a tad surprised they're talking of dengue like a minor illness for Gill. smiley13

In most cases, folks take at least a week to recover, and two weeks (sometimes even more actually) to regain full fitness and strength. It saps all the energy out of a person, and for a high level sport like 50 over cricket (which involves fielding in the October heat in India), you can't play the game at 50-60% fitness levels.

That's true

Dengue breaks the body

Even after recovering, the body doesn't have the same strength as before for a few days.

Playing 100 overs in this heat isn't easy within just days of Dengue.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Thank you, Raji, for the thread and for tagging me. smiley31

India ...India ..India ... go, win this match. smiley10

Australian team are very competitive and aggressive on the ground, so winning is not an easy thing.

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

Pitch report: "Could be two-paced, little bit on the slower side. Fast bowling won't be easy either, especially back of the length," Ravi Shastri says. "India will be tempted to play three spinners. Won't be surprised even if Australia play atleast two. Don't underestimate Zampa on this surface."