Frequent Posters

1169321 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Relatable AF

Vikram Rathore is everything

1123225 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Honestly…This is honestly not true. The truth is that 90’s baby’s have a hard time letting go of their childhood and Khan memories.

Well first of all, a lot of these younger stars are way better actors than the Khans. They can actually act instead of stutter and ham onscreen. And also way better looking and much taller. While SRK was delivering flops for the past years we had a lot of good talent rise up and deliver roles like: Barfi, Sanju,Padmaavat, Gully Boy, Sardar Udham Singh are some examples - this is way beyond the Khans. But hey if you want to watch Kick, Pathaan or Lal Singh Chaddha and pretend it’s still 1997 then great.

Yes, SRK is a big star, but let’s not pretend like he’s the best of the of the best. He’s really not. Hrithik in 2000 dethroned him only. I would say even Ajay and Akshay have done better than him. It will take one flop for SRK to go back down to where he’s been over the last ten years.

Srk had a good run the same way Alia did. Through award purchasing, heavy PR foolery and all sorts of purchased nonsense.

90s babies are in their 40s. India has much younger people, most of whom also love Khans. Also, no one is obligated to let go of their liking for a movie star no matter what decade they were born.

No one dethroned them. Giving one hit against their one flop is not dethroning.

Problem with what you're saying about better stars is world doesn't agree with you. Just like the world doesn't agree with me movies like Pathan and Jawan are not good movies. I'm self-aware enough to know very few people agree with me.

You can call it purchased. Unfortunately, the numbers don't add up in that claim. People have to see return on investment. That return comes only with audience purchasing tickets.

Audience *is* purchasing tickets.

1169321 thumbnail

I am confused about the message of the movie? If people are so unhappy in India… then leave na? Do y’all think watching a movie and clapping for it is going to change anything?

All these stars are making people fools and making money off their so called feelings and nobody is even noticing it.

SH, you are not happy with Bollywood, do you leave it?? Why should we leave India? It is our home, everyone works hard to make things better for themselves, the movie talks about important issues, none thinks that it can bring any change but can definitely start a discussion

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

90s babies are in their 40s. India has much younger people, most of whom also love Khans. Also, no one is obligated to let go of their liking for a movie star no matter what decade they were born.

No one dethroned them. Giving one hit against their one flop is not dethroning.

Problem with what you're saying about better stars is world doesn't agree with you. Just like the world doesn't agree with me movies like Pathan and Jawan are not good movies. I'm self-aware enough to know very few people agree with me.

You can call it purchased. Unfortunately, the numbers don't add up in that claim. People have to see return on investment. That return comes only with audience purchasing tickets.

Audience *is* purchasing tickets.

Oh my god I am sooooo soo sorry. I didn’t realize you represent the world. Wow.
hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Honestly…This is honestly not true. The truth is that 90’s baby’s have a hard time letting go of their childhood and Khan memories.

Well first of all, a lot of these younger stars are way better actors than the Khans. They can actually act instead of stutter and ham onscreen. And also way better looking and much taller. While SRK was delivering flops for the past years we had a lot of good talent rise up and deliver roles like: Barfi, Sanju,Padmaavat, Gully Boy, Sardar Udham Singh are some examples - this is way beyond the Khans. But hey if you want to watch Kick, Pathaan or Lal Singh Chaddha and pretend it’s still 1997 then great.

Yes, SRK is a big star, but let’s not pretend like he’s the best of the of the best. He’s really not. Hrithik in 2000 dethroned him only. I would say even Ajay and Akshay have done better than him. It will take one flop for SRK to go back down to where he’s been over the last ten years.

Srk had a good run the same way Alia did. Through award purchasing, heavy PR foolery and all sorts of purchased nonsense.

Sorry that the stars you stan are not the ones liked by the majority of the public. If you're happy watching Jayeshbhai Jordar and Cirkus, then great. But let's not pretend the general audience is that interested. They can do award purchasing (30 awards in flop era), heavy PR foolery (sending out media articles calling themselves superstars, "Singh is King!" "The last superstar" "maverick superstar" "people's superstar," purchasing PR bots for fake positive comments and getting caught, etc) but it's not going to make the audience love them.

Delivering 6 crore openings for masala movies on Christmas is something no 90s superstar would ever ever ever reach. Akshay Kumar does not count.

So let the forever young nearly 40 year old uncles enjoy whatever mediocre runs they're having because it never is going to get any better for them after already hanging around almost 15 years. Their fans should just learn to live with whatever place they have instead of being jealous of the places they can't reach.

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I am confused about the message of the movie? If people are so unhappy in India… then leave na? Do y’all think watching a movie and clapping for it is going to change anything?

All these stars are making people fools and making money off their so called feelings and nobody is even noticing it.

Read about # of people leaving India already dear. Plenty of data available on how many students leaving the country every year, how many renuncing their citizenships. Watching a movie and clapping for it always helps. Also advising you to read about how this media has been an active tool to raise, make aware and spread social and politicial issues throughout the world. You dont have to go much far for it, plenty of books are available from Freedom Fight period itself on how theatres which was by far the most popular medium was used to spread messages.

This is SRK’s movie where he raises some legit issues of the system, for the people. Not a mango eating interview by a the-then foreign national.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

SH, you are not happy with Bollywood, do you leave it?? Why should we leave India? It is our home, everyone works hard to make things better for themselves, the movie talks about important issues, none thinks that it can bring any change but can definitely start a discussion

I just find it funny that all these stars and their fans keep complaining about India, and then go buy tickets for such movies that benefit India only. It’s such a deep contradiction that no one realizes. SRK is the one having the last laugh
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Read about # of people leaving India already dear.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/28/asia/india-population-overtakes-china-graphics-intl-hnk-dst-dg/index.html

Seems like you need to brush up on your knowledge dear.

Also do some research on the number of NRI students who leave India and then committ suicide because of their so called dream of leaving India.

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 1 years ago
1123225 thumbnail

Oh my god I am sooooo soo sorry. I didn’t realize you represent the world. Wow.

smiley36 Shaitan, being deliberately obtuse ain't gonna fly. The cinema-going world which made Jawan open to 73-75 crores in case you really are that dense.

1169321 thumbnail

I just find it funny that all these stars and their fans keep complaining about India, and then go buy tickets for such movies that benefit India only. It’s such a deep contradiction that no one realizes. SRK is the one having the last laugh

Do you know what "India" is?