Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1123225 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Fawning reviews are not enough to make a hit.

Case in point the attempted trilogy which shall remain unnamed which was painful to watch except for (gasp) SRK and the potential Deepika backstory.

It was touted as a hit, but we all know what happened. Audience has to cooperate. Audience did for SRK.

1123225 thumbnail

Also, films I like turn out to be flops, so take my analysis for what it's worth. smiley36 Nothing at all.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥https://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/1700355498560634919?s=20

Word Count: 1

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: PilloWtalk_13

This is review thread,i hope you read the title of it?

You can write anywhere except this thread about how bad is srk, his fans or movie- its absolutely fine. Just dont spoil this thread.

You clearly are not following your own advice. Looks like you didn’t read the title of the thread. smiley17

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

That’s the magic of SRK for you. Hard to get honest reviews from most because the fan in them clouds their perception. You remove him from the movie and put any other actor in his place and these same folks will come all guns blazing.

Happens with every human being. When you’re a fan of somebody, it clouds your judgment. That’s why there are so many options to be fan of so many people. It’s a different thing that on an average SRK has the most most most fan following anyone could possibly have in the world. So blame the SRK admirers from the entire world for not giving proper reviews and loving the movie from all their hearts. smiley36

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Happens with every human being. When you’re a fan of somebody, it clouds your judgment. That’s why there are so many options to be fan of so many people. It’s a different thing that on an average SRK has the most most most fan following anyone could possibly have in the world. So blame the SRK admirers from the entire world for not giving proper reviews and loving the movie from all their hearts. smiley36

It's not about clouding judgement. It's about an actor/star being so good that they can pull through average content - if the content is average that is. In case of the whiners here, they haven't even seen it and have NO idea about the content - they're just mad and already want it to be declared bad and how their fans are biased for liking it.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

10. None of the current lot of younger stars have it in them to dethrone the Khans.

Honestly…This is honestly not true. The truth is that 90’s baby’s have a hard time letting go of their childhood and Khan memories.

Well first of all, a lot of these younger stars are way better actors than the Khans. They can actually act instead of stutter and ham onscreen. And also way better looking and much taller. While SRK was delivering flops for the past years we had a lot of good talent rise up and deliver roles like: Barfi, Sanju,Padmaavat, Gully Boy, Sardar Udham Singh are some examples - this is way beyond the Khans. But hey if you want to watch Kick, Pathaan or Lal Singh Chaddha and pretend it’s still 1997 then great.

Yes, SRK is a big star, but let’s not pretend like he’s the best of the of the best. He’s really not. Hrithik in 2000 dethroned him only. I would say even Ajay and Akshay have done better than him. It will take one flop for SRK to go back down to where he’s been over the last ten years.

Srk had a good run the same way Alia did. Through award purchasing, heavy PR foolery and all sorts of purchased nonsense.

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Watched Jawan ! Round 1 of course. I am left craving for more for daddy SRK. smiley43 I still think VFX destroys SRK’s face to a point of no return, a stubble makes him look sooooo sexy !

It was an out and out massy movie ! I loved Vijay, Priyamani and Nayantara. However, it’s when Deepika enters you’re bound to think finally the ‘heroine’ of the movie arrived. smiley27 She looked LOVELY. That song and those hairbands gave the OSO feelings. smiley36

Loved the overall theme of the movie. It’s not a unique story, but the story-telling style is so crisp, 170 mins are gone in a jiffy !

P.S. - The issues discussed in the movie is really really bold and relevant, especially at this time in India. Kudos to SRK for doing this movie, art is the best form for an artist to put forth the message he/she wants to pass to the audience, theatre actors have been doing this through theatres since long time smiley1.

P.P.S. - There was a scene where Vijay’s one of the dialogs states the reality of my country, which is not good. A lady wearing hijab sitting next to me laughs so much on it and claps. It was an amusing experience for me knowing the dialogs I am hearing is 100% true about the system of my country, and at the same time hearing someone clapping I really wasn’t sure which country she belongs to and what was so funny about it smiley7. Anyways.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Watched Jawan ! Round 1 of course. I am left craving for more for daddy SRK. smiley43 I still think VFX destroys SRK’s face to a point of no return, a stubble makes him look sooooo sexy !

It was an out and out massy movie ! I loved Vijay, Priyamani and Nayantara. However, it’s when Deepika enters you’re bound to think finally the ‘heroine’ of the movie arrived. smiley27 She looked LOVELY. That song and those hairbands gave the OSO feelings. smiley36

Loved the overall theme of the movie. It’s not a unique story, but the story-telling style is so crisp, 170 mins are gone in a jiffy !

P.S. - The issues discussed in the movie is really really bold and relevant, especially at this time in India. Kudos to SRK for doing this movie, art is the best form for an artist to put forth the message he/she wants to pass to the audience, theatre actors have been doing this through theatres since long time smiley1.

P.P.S. - There was a scene where Vijay’s one of the dialogs states the reality of my country, which is not good. A lady wearing hijab sitting next to me laughs so much on it and claps. It was an amusing experience for me knowing the dialogs I am hearing is 100% true about the system of my country, and at the same time hearing someone clapping I really wasn’t sure which country she belongs to and what was so funny about it smiley7. Anyways.

I am confused about the message of the movie? If people are so unhappy in India… then just leave it na? Do y’all think watching a movie the financially benefits the very same country and clapping for it is going to change anything?

All these stars are making people fools and making money off their so called feelings and nobody is even noticing it.

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 1 years ago