Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

That’s the magic of SRK for you. Hard to get honest reviews from anyone because the fan in them dominates their perception. You remove him from the movie and put any other actor and these same folks will come all guns blazing.

Serious question, where was this magic and fans for when Fan, Zero, Jab Harry met Sejal released ??? They’ve just suddenly remembered that they’re his fans?

This reminds me of when Jug Jug Jeeyo was releasing and some random town unveiled a life size poster…. I just don’t believe the media and all these fake perceptions that are created.

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Basskarrr

Also there is a lot of misinformed political messaging that is being peddled through this movie.

And some scenes require an unbelievable suspension of logic. You have to be deluded to buy into it.

What are the misinformed political messaging?

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Just because someone is not exactly worshiping, they become haters?

Edited by 1t1svat1t1s - 1 years ago
PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

Just because someone is not exactly worshiping, they become haters?

This is review thread,i hope you read the title of it?

You can write anywhere except this thread about how bad is srk, his fans or movie- its absolutely fine. Just dont spoil this thread.

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 7

Pathan had limited people going against it because no one expected it to gain the numbers it did.. the negative reviews for Jawan are actually expected because that's exactly what happens when the actor you don't like starts leaving behind your favs by milessmiley36

1123225 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Serious question, where was this magic and fans for when Fan, Zero, Jab Harry met Sejal released ??? They’ve just suddenly remembered that they’re his fans?

This reminds me of when Jug Jug Jeeyo was releasing and some random town unveiled a life size poster…. I just don’t believe the media and all these fake perceptions that are created.

On the chance that this is actually a serious question, let me answer it.

I'm an SRK fan. Fan of the person. As an actor, I feel like he has much more to offer but won't because box office.

Pathan and Jawan are totally not my kind of movies. In fact, I'm quite sure I'll dislike it. I'm pretty sure in the normal course of events, these reviewers would also have disliked it.

Still...

Other SRK fans, please do not pounce on me. On a reasonable day, you would agree. We can all celebrate the success of Jawan because SRK is a good human while also acknowledging certain things.

A few factors came together to create the perfect storm for SRK in 2023.

1. Covid hit, and there was a lot of pent up frustration in general with the way life was going. People needed outlet.

2. This Bollywood is finished talk was getting to people. Indians do consider movies their own. Look at us. smiley36 We talk about these movies in terms of our own success. So people came out to watch.

3. For the same reason, reviewers also wanted Bollywood movies to succeed.

4. BW is also their livelihood. They can't afford to let it fail.

5. SRK has goodwill among media types. 3, 4, and 5 meant they would give reasonable reviews under *mass* tag to the movies when they wouldn't if a Salman or Akshay did the same films. Those 'em facts.

6. SRK has tremendous goodwill among audience. No, they didn't go for prior movies because goodwill isn't enough.

7. He also had empathy factor working for him because of Aryan issue. Indians love the underdog. Believe it or not, he became the underdog as a dad fighting for his son against a powerful entity. I mean, what's more Bollywood than this?

8. SRK also gained a lot of people's respect by how he conducted himself unlike certain others who made statements which could possibly be interpreted as anti national or communal

9. People were looking for mindless entertainment where they could just come out feeling good. This happens after a long period of frustration. They would go for calmer fare which requires a little thought when they have the luxury of time and peace.

10. None of the current lot of younger stars have it in them to dethrone the Khans.

These are my thoughts. I'm happy for SRK, but that doesn't mean I'm going to think of either film as high art.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago