Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

driven thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: Alpenliebe

Saw the movie yesterday. It was slow paced, almost zero twist and turns. Gal Gadot's character is like that South Indian hero jiska villian baal bhi banka nahi kar sakta. Jamie Dornan was a flowerpot. And lesser said about Alia is better. She was hollow. Girl fell flat in front of Gadot who isn't even considered as a great actress. I have always said Alia is a pr made actress. She is just average as an actress and her PR, kjo and paid media made her invincible. 

ab yeh nahi hai maar kaat waala movie, yeh kaise dekh liya?

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: driven

ab yeh nahi hai maar kaat waala movie, yeh kaise dekh liya?

Arey yaar free main ghar mein dekhna hai. And Desi Meryl Streep was there. Bas dekh liya in  fast forward mode. 

Sense9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Frankly speaking while watching gangubai, I was thinking about Tripti Dimri. Her act in Qala and bulbul compelled me think so. She has natural and unconventional charm 

yes to this!

I swear I must be in the minority of minority but I didn’t think Alia acted well in and as Gangubai. I was thinking that time how a Vidya, Rani, Kangana - even PC would have done so much more.
But yeah, Tripti would have aced it. I saw Qala first and then Bulbul - back to back and the range she has is Great. Two completely different character with such contrasting personalities and she was so awesome in the portrayal of both. 

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Watched it in fast forward mode during the action scenes. By the trailer I think it can be estimated that it was a thakela B grade movie. Just as that the storyline is a bad. Gal overshadows Alia by a margin and that's saying something because Gal herself is a pretty terrible actress. Alia comes across as overly conscious. English when spoken by any actors doesn't need to feel American. With the exception of PC, everybody else like DP, Tabu, Irfan never Americanized their way of speaking. But Alia is on the fence throughout the whole movie with her limited dialogues. Sometimes she  sounds Indian and other times trying to ape American speak. All in all, it was a failure of a performance. She isn't menacing, nor does she create any sort of impact in this bad movie. You would expect an actor of her "supposed" caliber to raise above a bad script, but she falls flat. She makes Gal appear terrific. 

Just goes to show how arm twisting directors in India and controlling media perception can do wonders for someone like Alia. When she's left in an outside territory of spoon feeding, she's unbearable to watch.

0.5/5

0.25 for Gal and 0.25 for some of the scenery/shots that were pretty 

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Frankly speaking while watching gangubai, I was thinking about Tripti Dimri. Her act in Qala and bulbul compelled me think so. She has natural and unconventional charm 

I did not see Gangubai in whole, only scenes here and there. And even in those I could say that SLB wrote this movie with Rani M on his mind. You could just tell she would have nailed it had she been a bit younger. In the current lot, I agree Tripti could have brought her own personality into the role. The problem is she is not well known outside of internet audiences. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Diya_Abhilasha

@ bold: Except Udta Punjab and Gangubai. She nailed these roles. 

raazi

Diya_Abhilasha thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I felt Raazi was an average movie. Her acting in that movie is nothing extraordinary😆

Diya_Abhilasha thumbnail

I didn't watched triptis work so can't comment on that.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Diya_Abhilasha

I felt Raazi was an average movie. Her acting in that movie is nothing extraordinary😆

I liked it better than the other ones you named 

Diya_Abhilasha thumbnail