Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: hotchoco

To label themselves global gigastars. 

Alia only did this sidey role so that she could get on the promotion trail and be on a few talk shows and into some magazines. She got screwed because of the SAG strike. 

Well, she got the sidey role because that’s all she was being offered. But I definitely agree that giving herself exposure on American talk show circles (mornings and prime time) was definitely part of her agenda when she signed this on. Her PR would have gone crazy with all those promotional appearances. 

Oops 😬 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

She did this film with Roseanne. Who green lights this stuff 

Diff is Streep was a good actor in bad film vs. Alia who is an average actor in  bad film.

Acting is subjective. You don't have to agree Meryl Streep is a good actor. Point is by and large critics say she's a good actor whereas for Alia, the moment she stepped out of KJoVerse, her deficiencies were pointed out. 

When she got all the undeserved accolades all these years and acted like a petty little snot, people (and I mean moi, not speaking for anyone else) are going to enjoy watching her taken down a notch or two. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 9 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Acting is subjective. You don't have to agree Meryl Streep is a good actor. Point is by and large critics say she's a good actor whereas for Alia, the moment she stepped out of KJoVerse, her deficiencies were pointed out. 

If I don’t see what those critics see what they say has no value for me. 🤷‍♂️ 

I think this wrestling announcer is more charming than most girls In movies now 

https://twitter.com/imchelseagreen/status/1690169916656062465?s=46&t=gqwFCxRkfHkicr6DF8egng

Edited by Maroonporsche - 9 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

You didn't? Bless your heart then. You're very innocent. 😊

Alia Bhatt was always just slightly above average. Glad there is an admission of it by comparing her to her level. Deepika and Priyanka. 

Re: Streep. Like benami transactions which help political people avoid charges of corruption, benami PR is a thing for actors. Arjun Kapoor started Streep talk, IIRC continued by Alia's family. Best actor ever in India was done by KJo.

Last year during Brahmstra promotions Ranbir compared her to Amitabh Bachchan. A few weeks later on Anupama’s show she actually said “people have compared me to Amitabh Bachchan”. Lucky for her the Indian media didn’t take the bait this time because even they knew how stupid it was to compare her to The Amitabh Bachchan. But had Ranbir mentioned a different name, let’s say Robert DeNiro or Daniel Day Lewis I can almost guarantee that it would have been a repeat of the Meryl Streep thing by her PR.  

SrikantTiwari thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I think Alia was so bad in SOTY that it was the benchmark used to praise her better performances. Even her best performance, which is Raazi imo, is still an okay okay performance. There was nothing extraordinary about it. We all have forgotten about it as well. Even in that movie she was trolled for the mujhe ghar jana hai bit. 

She’s had a good run but I’m tired and done with her. Now Janhvi and Ananya are trying to do the same thing and it’s failing because you can’t fool the audience more than once. 

My bet is the overhyped torch will be passed by Alia onto Suhana. She’s going to be the new variant of this problem 

Completely agree with this. Alia is such an okay actor but all her performances are praised through the roof. I didn't even find her that good/believable in Highway. It's like Kjo and Co gaslit the audience into believing she's the next superstar 🤣. 

My problem is she is so replaceable in all her roles unlike Kajol in KKHH, Rani in Black, Vidya in Kahani and TDP, Madhuri, Tabu in almost all their roles, even Ash in Jodha Akbar, I can't even imagine any other actress playing these roles but none of the Alia roles feel like only she could do it, just that Kjo made it seem like there is no one else.

Diya_Abhilasha thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SrikantTiwari

Completely agree with this. Alia is such an okay actor but all her performances are praised through the roof. I didn't even find her that good/believable in Highway. It's like Kjo and Co gaslit the audience into believing she's the next superstar 🤣. 

My problem is she is so replaceable in all her roles unlike Kajol in KKHH, Rani in Black, Vidya in Kahani and TDP, Madhuri, Tabu in almost all their roles, even Ash in Jodha Akbar, I can't even imagine any other actress playing these roles but none of the Alia roles feel like only she could do it, just that Kjo made it seem like there is no one else.

@ bold: Except Udta Punjab and Gangubai. She nailed these roles. 

Diya_Abhilasha thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Saw the movie yesterday. It was slow paced, almost zero twist and turns. Gal Gadot's character is like that South Indian hero jiska villian baal bhi banka nahi kar sakta. Jamie Dornan was a flowerpot. And lesser said about Alia is better. She was hollow. Girl fell flat in front of Gadot who isn't even considered as a great actress. I have always said Alia is a pr made actress. She is just average as an actress and her PR, kjo and paid media made her invincible. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: Briaahna

honestly i have not really followed about Meryl Streep episode. Who called her Meryl Streep? Did she shout from rooftop that she is the Meryl Streep😆, if she did she deffo needs smack. I don't remember coming a statement from Aloo that she is the best actor. yes she does push, push to get the best, be best, deliver best, but don't recall calling herself a Meryl Streep or best actor of India.  I used to hear Amir calling himself a method actor...does that make him bad? what is wrong with that. Deepika when asked, could anyone have done padmavat, without a blink she says, no. And what is wrong with that? I reckon PC must have, in heat of moment said something, how she pushes and all that,   no harm. 😆you gotta have this drive. 

If Indian media is so nice to Alia about her films then there are million haters of her as well. Actually she is one of the most hated and trolled actor out there. media  rave about her  performance or movies ,    but end of the day its the paying audience who have the final say. They paid at the windows, If an actor or actress delivered, they will make noise. they made noise when alia didn't deliver in brahmastra😆they made noise when she delivered in gangubai. 

PC, DP, begum, even Madhuri, Shah, all ...you name it...there were times when they also not risen above a bad scripted role. Its not only alia. Many times I have come across top artists movies, where media😆the  critics came with 'the actor/actress were let down with a poor script, unable to rise above the script'.

we hand pick 4 movies of alia...interesting. 😆

well lets pick the movies where she was served with best of scripts, for eg gangubai. Now you have to give her credit that she delivered , what if she butchered it. same goes of many of her other well scripted movies. 

anyways..all good. everyone has their own opinions, likes. 😆I just have fun at IF, just go extra mile to rant on alia...not that i think she is some Merly Streep or something..but you know🤣

Such a long explanation to justify flops and bad performances 🤣oh man, I don’t know why Alia and her circle is so sensitive. She failed it happens na? Why so senti 😆

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Diya_Abhilasha

@ bold: Except Udta Punjab and Gangubai. She nailed these roles. 

Frankly speaking while watching gangubai, I was thinking about Tripti Dimri. Her act in Qala and bulbul compelled me think so. She has natural and unconventional charm