Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 months ago

I loved what you wrote...and it also saddened me...

As an European with a healthy sexual education I'm really worried about what colonisation had done to an India that was more open to natural sexuality before.

I only can watch the movie if it is streamed on a platform I can watch but I liked that it deals with something that isn't openly acknowledged due to - imo - false morals.

Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Problems is not just schools it's parents too.

How many parents are there whose kids can come and talk to them that they like a person forget talking about sex..

OMG has addressed this too with Pankaj doing a wonderful job of showcasing a parent realising his mistake.

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Watched the movie today. Absolutely loved Akshay Kumar. I think I can watch an entire movie with him doing what he did in the movie. 

Movie on the whole is good but I felt the second half was too long and over dramatic. Some of the things that happen towards the climax felt unnecessary. 

I couldn’t believe the liberties the prosecution lawyer was allowed to take with minor children and not just once but she does it 3 times with 3 different children, actually 4 times because twice with the protagonist. Considering that it was supposed to be an educational movie, I wonder how they let such a faux pass happen.

One thing that’s common between Gadar 2 and this movie is that both are father son stories where the fathers jump through the hoops to save their respective sons. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

About 114 crore India net until now...

https://www.sacnilk.com/news/Box_Office_OMG_2_Second_Sunday_Early_Estimates

Edited by Clochette - 9 months ago
e1t53e thumbnail

Did anyone else feel uncomfortable about the cross examination of the sex worker by Kanti? I mean if the aim is to get the opinion of the woman regarding the pleasure she gets from an intercourse, they could’ve used any woman why a sex worker? I found it really disturbing and distasteful.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

Did anyone else feel uncomfortable about the cross examination of the sex worker by Kanti? I mean if the aim is to get the opinion of the woman regarding the pleasure she gets from an intercourse, they could’ve used any woman why a sex worker? I found it really disturbing and distasteful.

That would've been the idea. It should disturb society. Facing up to facts of life is not distasteful... it's the whole point of the movie. 

e1t53e thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

That would've been the idea. It should disturb society. Facing up to facts of life is not distasteful... it's the whole point of the movie. 

My point is why the sex worker? He could have asked his own wife, the same questions about pleasure and the message would’ve been the same. It’s not about facing the facts, it’s about doing the right thing. A sex worker does things clinically, not to draw pleasure out of it. It just sounds so wrong to attribute pleasure to the poor things misery.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

My point is why the sex worker? He could have asked his own wife, the same questions about pleasure and the message would’ve been the same. It’s not about facing the facts, it’s about doing the right thing. A sex worker does things clinically, not to draw pleasure out of it. It just sounds so wrong to attribute pleasure to the poor things misery.

Facing facts is an important part of doing the right thing. Sex workers exist because men seek pleasure. They are ignored by society because we like to pretend it doesn't happen. I think movie was 100% right in asking that question of a sex worker.

e1t53e thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Facing facts is an important part of doing the right thing. Sex workers exist because men seek pleasure. They are ignored by society because we like to pretend it doesn't happen. I think movie was 100% right in asking that question of a sex worker.

I am not pretending that it doesn’t happen. I am fully aware of their existence and I would like to believe that most people are.I am asking if a sex worker seeks pleasure from her clients like how Kanti puts it forth.